• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tie One On! (270)

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought that this was an amazing battle between Ash and Jackson (who is really Vincent from "The Legend of Thunder). It was interesting that Squirtle and Bulbasaur got into a fight with Azumarill and Meganium. Especially Bulbasaur, since it was sent to Professor Oak to be a peace keeper. I thought that Pikachu's Thunder attack while holding onto Azumarill's tail was really good. However, Jackson's shiny Magneton was really powerful. It was able to beat both Pikachu and Cyndaquil (even with the type disadvantage). However, I thought Bulbasaur was the strongest pokemon in this fight. Even stronger then Meganium. I believe this because it had to fight both Magneton and Meganium while Meganium had to fight an already weakened Bulbasaur. I have always thought that Bulbasaur was Ash's second strongest pokemon behind Charizrad. It kind of dissapointed me that the battle ended in a tie, but atleast Ash advances to the next round. I also thought it was sweet that Macey was cheering for Ash after the battle to win it all.

Hay! Its that guy from the Legend Of Thunder! He's funny and a cool shiny magneton.
Meganium voice is graet and Bulbasaur is cool!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Wow, Bulbasaur was so powerfull!

And i was happy to see that the next rival is Gary.

8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Everyone seems to like this Johto Pokemon League episode. I dislike it though since I dislike Vincent/Jackson and his team. Bulbasaur and Squirtle were able to strike up a quick rivalry with Azumarill and Meganium which sort of reminded me of the short called "Pikachu's Vacation" haha. While it was so cool to finally get to see Bulbasaur and Squirtle again, the actual battle between Ash and Vincent left a lot to be desired. Pikachu versus Azumarill was fine, but then Vincent sent out that Shiny Magneton and Pikachu got knocked out too quickly for my tastes. Then we got that heated Bulbasaur versus Meganium battle which I thought was cheap since it ended in a draw. I mean really? Ash could've easily defeated that Vincent kid hands down. So annoying. At least we got Ash versus Gary announced at the end. 4/10.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was very cool. I finally got to see this episode last night. Azumarrill's Iron Tail attack is very cool. I'm glad Pikachu was able to defeat it. This episode showed Thunder Wave closest to what it's really supposed to be. It was cool to see Bulbasaur defeat Magneton and then have a tough battle with a strong Meganium and tie with it to finish the battle. Seeing a shiney Magneton for the 1st time was really cool.

80/100

I love this episode! Great battle between Ash and Jackson, humor with Meganium/Azumarill vs. Bulbasaur/Squirtle. It made me think of Pikachu's Vacation (pre-movie of Pokemon 1, Mewtwo Strikes Back), the Pikachu/Raichu rivalry, and Marill vs. Squirtle in that short. You'd almost think Jacksons Azumarill was that Marill!

However, sad to see a great battle end in a draw, it deserved a winner. Which trainer it would be wouldn't matter to me.

I didn't care about Jacksons Magneton, I don't care about shinies and I prefer "normal" Pokemon.

Last edited:

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I absolutely adore this episode. It's probably the most-watched episode of all for me. Bulbasaur does so wonderfully, and I think the battle between him and Meganium truly is one of the greatest ever shown in the anime. There's no fancy or cheap tricks - it's all head-to-head combat. Bulbasaur proves definitively evolving is not the end-all solution for power.

The animation is also superb.

7threst

I love Jackson/Vincent and his adoration of capes lol. That personality of his is humorous. I liked how they - even before the battle started - heated up the rivalry between Ash's Pokémon and Jackson's Pokémon. The battle started nice with Jackson versus Macy, which was hilarious. The battle itself, and especially the last part with Meganium versus Bulbasaur, was really epic to watch.

The first part with Pikachu versus Azumarill was really a good demonstration of how powerful type advantage can be. The second part with Magneton was alright, although I think Magneton was quite inexplicably overpowered in a way. Then, Cyndaquil versus Magnetron was nice too and it was almost like a head-to-head battle with both doing really solid, but Magneton still being superior. Now, Bulbasaur did really well against Magneton with good use of strategies. Then, the final part with Meganium versus Bulbasaur was so well-executed, that you could feel the intensity and the rivalry between those two. Well-ended with that tie.

What? Macey had a Starmie?! I take back what I said. Any Starmie Trainer, is a good person. :D I wish we saw it battle, we never saw a Starmie do anything in a Contest or League. Well, there was one that battled Jessie in a Contest, but that was just an image. Anyways, that Magneton was very strong. But, Meganium and Bulbsaur sure was awesome. After seeing Meganium use Solarbeam, I do wonder how does it see.

Blessed

Excellent episode, that Azumarill was so disrespectful. I just loved how mature Bulbasaur was during that situation. Glad that Pikachu defeated it because it honestly annoyed me. Vincent was a funny character, I liked that. Bulbasaur VS Meganium was really epic but it shouldn't have been a draw. I can't @ how Gary went back to his normal behavior when two episodes back he seemed so mature. Hopefully he's just trolling Ash.

zhixun

Quite rare to see a draw in a Pokémon league and I think this is the fairest way for both Fushigidane and Meganium. Finally both of them has settled their differences and got mutual respect. Not a good news for me to know that Satoshi will face Shigeru on the next round. Overall this episode was fantastic and unforgettable.

Zamin

Epic episode! Bulbasaur was so epic in the battle, even if it was a it repetitive!

Great episode overall!

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I only liked the battle between Pikachu and Azumarill and Ash's and Jackson's Pokemon fighting in this episode.Magneton was overpowered,although this is likely due to the fact it was shiny.Bulbasaur vs Meganium wasn't overly interesting,either,but then again,Bulbasaur couldn't learn Sludge Bomb back then.
4/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Jackson was a fun character and I was impressed that his Meganium managed to tie with Ash's Bulbasaur in the end. Ash, Gary and Harrison advancing to the next stage of the Johto league was exciting. :D

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I didn't like that Ash tied with Jackson/Vincent. Bulbasaur was a powerhouse, so he shouldn't have tied like that.

Well sure Bulbasaur has always been reliable in battles, but he was facing a fully evolved starter pokemon here, so him ending things on a draw was still pretty impressive I believe. :3