• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tie One On! (270)

Vincent/Jackson's team ended up being stronger than I first expected, also I was so happy to see a Shiny Magneton even if it looked dull.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
also I was so happy to see a Shiny Magneton even if it looked dull.

I like shinies myself, but I didn't even realise at first that Jackson's Magneton was shiny cuz its colour was unremarkable hee hee. I think his Azumarill should've been shiny instead.

ZilverLox

Banned
Cyndaquil didn't do too well here, it's funny how it had time to use Swift and hit Magneton but not with Flamethrower. Bulbasaur was the best in this battle because he beat Magneton and drew with Meganium - the battle between Bulbasaur and Meganium was really intense. I rate this seven out of ten. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was good that Jun'ichi was properly introduced here, and I especially liked his mention of his friends Kenta and Marina. The fact that we got to know how Jun'ichi got his Meganium was great too, but I didn't enjoy its rivalry with Satoshi's Fushigidane. It seemed contrived just to justify their tie at the end here.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Cyndaquil didn't do too well here, it's funny how it had time to use Swift and hit Magneton but not with Flamethrower.

Ash was having a blond moment lol, though he should've known that Steel-types are weak to Fire attacks after the Skarmory episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash was having a blond moment lol, though he should've known that Steel-types are weak to Fire attacks after the Skarmory episode.

We've seen how the writers often ignore type advantages anyway, so even if Hinoarashi had relied on Fire-type attacks the whole time he was fighting Jun'ichi's Rarecoil, it might not have changed the outcome.

Daizy

I call you honey
Figures that Ash would tie with Vincent. Vincent's team was pretty simple too, all he had was Meganium, Azumarill and Magneton. But I guess this showed us how Ash needed to improve.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Figures that Ash would tie with Vincent. Vincent's team was pretty simple too, all he had was Meganium, Azumarill and Magneton. But I guess this showed us how Ash needed to improve.

Granted, Jun'ichi's Marilli wasn't very impressive, but his Meganium alone was a match for Satoshi's Fushigidane, which says a lot about Jun'ichi's skills.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
This was a pretty exciting battle with interesting tactics! Nice to see the opponent using three (at the time) fully-evolved Pokemon vs. Ash's three base Pokemon. The shiny Magneton was a nice touch!

Also, Team Rocket when they don't try to annoy Ash. <3

Leonhart

Imagineer
BulleDeChagrin said:
Nice to see the opponent using three (at the time) fully-evolved Pokemon vs. Ash's three base Pokemon

I thought that that was one of the low points of this match, however. It seemed odd that Satoshi's un-evolved Pokemon were able to force a tie against Jun'ichi's fully-evolved team. Of course I was rooting for Satoshi regardless, but the writers seemed to go out of their way to make the battle as unrealistic as possible.

Ash should have battled Casey here instead of Jackson but I liked the fight between Bulbasaur and Meganium. Cyndaquil was robbed in this league for being Ash's Johto ace.
Ash vs Gary HYPE!!!!