• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tierno vs. Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-Pikachu

Assume that Barry did perform in the Kalos League and instead of Sawyer battling Tierno to compete in the Semi-finals, Barry's battling Tierno instead. Barry will use the same three pokemon as he did against Paul while Tierno would use the same three pokemon as he did against Sawyer.

Any-who, who wins?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Probably Barry. Tierno was portrayed as weak imo while Barry seemed more of a threat even though he was more of a comedic character.

Ash-Pikachu

How do you guys envision the battle starting as?

For example, Barry's course of action was to prevent Paul from switching out, so I envision Barry using Skarmory to accomplish the same thing. I would like to add that if Tierno can preserve Raichu, then Raichu when assisted by Rain Dance would be devastating against Empoleon due to guaranteed Thunders.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Too hard to tell on this one but Barry's Hitmonlee did pretty well against Paul's Ursaring despite losing so I could see it taking out any of Tierno's other pokemon not named Blastoise.

Barry's Empoleon more than likely will overpower Tierno's Blastoise when its ability Torrent kicks in,the rest of Barry's team isn't all that impressive.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I might give this to Tierno, there was a strength of strategy using a Rain themed team.

Pretty tough to call though.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Lol another of those threads.

When will the Trevor vs Nando thread open?

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
We should just make a "General anime battling" thread.

Barry would win out probably. Only reason he got shut down by Paul is because it was against Paul, and even then Paul said it was a good battle, which he rarely says. Tierno would have gotten beat up even more by Paul.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Idk why it matters since both Tierno and Barry are scrubs, but I guess Barry's slightly less pathetic, so he'd win. <3

Genaller

Silver Soul
Very close match but I'd go with Tierno. I'd give a slight edge to Ludicolo in Skarmory vs Ludicolo (though Skarmory will be able to set up Spikes) and an even match with Blastoise vs Hitmonlee. Empoleon may be stronger than Raichu, but if Tierno is able to set up RD before Raichu comes in then Empoleon will have a horrendous time with 100% accurate Thunders. The question then becomes will Empoleon be able to land a clean hit with Hydrocannon (that will be boosted by RD) before fainting to the Thunders. I'd say no since Raichu would be able to dodge from long range and it doesn't need to be in close range since Thunder is guaranteed to hit anyway. Barry might be able to come up with a strategy to lure Raichu close and take the win. I just see the chances of Tierno winning being slightly higher.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Barry would take home the win. Tierno unfortunately isn't anywhere near Barry's level.

snorlax512

Ludicolo vs Skarmory --> Ludicolo
Ludicolo vs Hitmonlee --> Hitmonlee
Raichu vs Hitmonlee --> Hitmonlee
Blastoise vs Hitmonlee --> Blastoise
Blastoise vs Empoleon --> Empoleon

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Barry easily...Barry proved himself to be a pretty top tier trainer. And Tierno never really showed much skill. Barry could probably take down any one of Ash's Kalos rivals excluding Alain. Also keep in mind what Pokemon a person has are hardly relevant in this show...

Barry would win out probably. Only reason he got shut down by Paul is because it was against Paul, and even then Paul said it was a good battle, which he rarely says. Tierno would have gotten beat up even more by Paul.

And also because of this. It's not like with Kenny or Trevor who kinda deserved it. It was just really crappy luck in Barry's case.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Even if Tierno had a ME, Barry would probably still win

Hitmonlee vs Ludicolo -> Hitmonlee
Hitmonlee vs Raichu -> Draw
Roserade vs M-Blastoise -> M-Blastoise
Empoleon vs M-Blastoise -> Empoleon

Without mega Barry wins this 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.