• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Time for some debates

• Thread starter Deleted member 384931
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

Another thread for XY vs SM 'discussion'. Watch as it suffers the same fate as others!!
The point is to clear it up once and for all. It is really sad that some people stay are so blind to see that there arent any perfect series. Bashing someone because you love something is always wrong (nothing against you, just in general). There is already enough hate in the world, cant this place be different? You would expect that this and Bulbagarden Forums, places where you can discuss anime and games in peace. But no, there are still some people who hate a person because they dont like a character or a series. Cant this be a wake-up call?

It’s kind of boring at this point, much more interesting to spark these discussions with PM 2019

unfortunately that’s kind of impossible rn

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The point is to clear it up once and for all. It is really sad that some people stay are so blind to see that there arent any perfect series. Bashing someone because you love something is always wrong (nothing against you, just in general). There is already enough hate in the world, cant this place be different? You would expect that this and Bulbagarden Forums, places where you can discuss anime and games in peace. But no, there are still some people who hate a person because they dont like a character or a series. Cant this be a wake-up call?
I think it's time to accept that the XY/SM wars, just like any fandom war, will never really end, just become less common. I mean, Kid Buu vs Super Buu from DBZ is still a debate
It’s kind of boring at this point, much more interesting to spark these discussions with PM 2019

unfortunately that’s kind of impossible rn
True, though I guess we can still discuss these first 22 episodes

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Personally I prefer Sun and Moon just cuz I liked Ash's pokemon more tbh. I didn't care at all about half of Ash's XY team.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Well, now we have some free time on our hands, I thought its time to have some debates that bug me.

First one:
Why do people believe XY or SM is better and the other is trash? Please use facts.

Second one:
Who is the strongest rival in raw power?
Who has the most interesting personality? Please use facts

Third one:
Why is Gou a mixed bag for some? Please use facts!

Have fun and stay polite!

KenzeyEevee
Wasn't going to respond but people are being somewhat civil here so why not?

1) Comparing seasons instead of enjoying both for their own strengths (especially 2 with completely different intentions) is dumb on both sides. The fact that we have had so many threads spiral into a XY vs SM debate is so stupid because it's the same people trying to pass off their opinion as objective fact. I liked XY more because I'm looking for intense battles more than anything but I like SM's characters and story telling more. Honestly cared more about his XY squad as I was only invested in Incineroar and Melmetal but both teams are good.

2) This is tough because I see people use different criterias all the time to rank strength. Personally I don't get into these types of debates because of the inconsistent storytelling but I don't want to tell people they're stupid for discussing them as if they were consistent. In terms of power it's either Alain or Paul. Personality is probably Gary, Paul, or Gladion as they had the strongest interactions and impact with/on Ash.

3) Go is a decent character but his goal is pretty hard to into unless it directly develops his character. There is no way you can make a Dex completion goal look cool in an animated series. I honestly don't think Go catching a Pokémon in an otherwise uneventful episode can save it from being filler but at the same time I don't try to argue that it is. I think Go's character is fine and potential unique story arc. It's just his repetitive goal that is mixed. Mix it up with Bug catching Contests, Safari Zones, fishing tournaments, so he's introduced to different types of Pokemon and Pokéballs.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Personally I prefer Sun and Moon just cuz I liked Ash's pokemon more tbh. I didn't care at all about half of Ash's XY team.

It was the same to me.
The bird(Talon/Rowlet) was the dullest part of the team, and both had **** forced releases for awesome Pokemon(Goodra/Poipole)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It was the same to me.
The bird(Talon/Rowlet) was the dullest part of the team, and both had **** forced releases for awesome Pokemon(Goodra/Poipole)

Meanwhile it was the opposite for me, I loved Talonflame and Greninja while all the others were meh as hell. In Sun and Moon I can say I genuinely liked the whole team lol.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Speaking of XY vs SM, there's always heated debates between the 2 series that were close to each other chronologically, just like BW vs DP before.

But with the current "Journey" series, I found it pretty rare to see it compared to SM. Granted the current series is still ongoing but even at this point of the series during SM, heated debates were still common against XY.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
DP vs BW was hardly a debate, BW was a badly written series (though like to over exaggerate about it but it was bad) while DP is still the best or among the best pokemon has to offer so there was no competition unlike SM which is still a good and enjoyable series despite its flaws.

diakyu

But with the current "Journey" series, I found it pretty rare to see it compared to SM. Granted the current series is still ongoing but even at this point of the series during SM, heated debates were still common against XY.
This something I noticed too. This has been one of the smoothest transitions for the fanbase I've ever seen between sagas.

Leonhart

Imagineer
AznKei said:
Speaking of XY vs SM, there's always heated debates between the 2 series that were close to each other chronologically, just like BW vs DP before.

I personally think that one of the factors is that a lot of people have moved on, so there isn't as much division among the current fandom because of decreased activity in general. It feels like a lot of people were also satisfied with Satoshi winning the Alola League, so I think that some of those people decided that that was the epitome of Satoshi's journey, and anything that comes after isn't worth investing time in.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It was the same to me.

You meant Noibat, right?

Because Talonflame was on the team already when Goomy was caught and they all cohexist peacefully.

As much as I like Noibat/Noivern, he was the one who took Goodra's spot and helped making Team Kalos so visually boring and repetitive with all those flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.