• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Times the Pokemon series hit you in the feels.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
As the title says, what are moments that the Pokemon series has hit you in the feels! I'll start off with a particularly strong one.

8gAoMtE.jpg

So I'm not spoiling this but the ending to Pokemon Adventures Black & White which features the main character, Black. So this was an emotional farewell that so many Pokemon fans weren't prepared for lol, including myself. I remember some fans expressing in tears over this ending and even those who weren't, this ending still hit them in the feels because this was just a sad yet heartfelt way of saying Black's journey to become Pokemon Champion has finally come to an end. Not only that but some fans were just angry over this ending in a good way lol if that makes any sense because of a certain power-hungry sociopath doing the unthinkable. I don't think I've ever seen a Pokemon moment that has invoke this many different reactions all at once, joy, sadness, anger in a good way. Oh man, what a wild adventure that was.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Do you mean the games, anime or manga?

If you mean the anime, probably the episode Pikachu’s Goodbye. When I first saw this episode, I actually genuinely thought Pikachu was leaving Ash for real (they even do a “Really Gone” montage of all of Ash and Pikachu’s times together). However, at the end, Pikachu of course chooses to stay with Ash, as he always has. The other episodes that gave me feels was the Charmander episode, and the episode where Ash’s Butterfree flew away to be with their true love.

If you mean the games, Sun/Moon had a lot of “right in the feels” moments, the prime one being when Lillie had to go to Kanto, and Hau is inconsolable. The other one would probably be when Lillie finally stood up to Lusamine and her obsession with the Ultra Beasts. I think I cried a little inside when Lillie had to leave, because I’d grown attached to her over the course of playing Sun. I think Lillie is one of the very few “rival” characters who I’ve had some kind of emotional attachment to for a long time.

shoz999

Do you mean the games, anime or manga?

If you mean the anime, probably the episode Pikachu’s Goodbye. When I first saw this episode, I actually genuinely thought Pikachu was leaving Ash for real (they even do a “Really Gone” montage of all of Ash and Pikachu’s times together). However, at the end, Pikachu of course chooses to stay with Ash, as he always has. The other episodes that gave me feels was the Charmander episode, and the episode where Ash’s Butterfree flew away to be with their true love.

If you mean the games, Sun/Moon had a lot of “right in the feels” moments, the prime one being when Lillie had to go to Kanto, and Hau is inconsolable. The other one would probably be when Lillie finally stood up to Lusamine and her obsession with the Ultra Beasts. I think I cried a little inside when Lillie had to leave, because I’d grown attached to her over the course of playing Sun. I think Lillie is one of the very few “rival” characters who I’ve had some kind of emotional attachment to for a long time.
All of them, yes!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I'm mostly familiar with the Pokemon anime so I'll only pick my moments from there:

1) That episode in AG where Pikachu temporarily developed amnesia and sided with Team Rocket, the moment where Pikachu gets his memories back and that song plays in the backgroud. Really emotional, it choked me up when I first saw it as a 14 year old.

2) Greninja's release episode, it legitimately made me cry for like half-an-hour even as a 23 year old, I really love Ash's Greninja and its bond with Ash, so seeing its departure was really sad for me, especially the moment when Ash gave Greninja a farewell hug and recalled all of his moments with it until then:

InfatuatedFearfulAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
1) That episode in AG where Pikachu temporarily developed amnesia and sided with Team Rocket, the moment where Pikachu gets his memories back and that song plays in the backgroud. Really emotional, it choked me up when I first saw it as a 14 year old.

I think that was the episode with Groudon and Kyogre.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Anime: Ash losing to Alain, it hit me on my feelings of hope and I was left staring at my laptop screen like "SERIOUSLY?" for a bit until regaining my composure and watching the TF arc preview and the newest DBS episode
The whole final episode of DP, I was still recovering from Ash vs Tobias (that one didn't anger me, it was more like "too bad he lost, but man, that fight was AMAZING"), but since I was watching it on TV and wasn't following pokemon news, I had no idea there was so little time left in Sinnoh, so when they had to say goodbye to each other I kinda felt like Piplup at that moment, especially when I realized Brock was leaving for good this time. Then years later I realized that I watched this episode 2 years after it originally aired because Latin American dubbing can take a LONG time to release at times.

Games: Every.PMD.Ending, I'll just summarize my reactions here (note: I had already been spoiled of Explorers' and Gates', but RT and Super were blind)
RT: "Welp, *sniff* it had to happen sometime, BUT I DON'T WANNA LEAVE!"
E: "ok, I know what will happen here, I'm prepared............This is sad, but I'll come back a few minutes later after the memories scene" *gets to the memories scene* "why do you do this to me, game?"
GTI: "Yeah, I'll get through this, do the Worldcore quest and I'll be back" *gets to the Frism* "I can't take this"
Super: "Eh, just get me wrapped by light or something already.......huh, so the "I have to go back home" explanation was offscreened, that's odd"......................"WHAT? Nononononononononono! This wasn't how it was supposed to end
Special: This one's odd in that I already knew most plot points pre-SM by the time I had read them, but BW's ending still sticks out to me, the arc had gone into nonstop chaos since the Unova League finals, but everything came to a sudden stop at the end, leading to easily the most sombre endings of any arc (sure, FrLg's ending was also sombre, but here we knew TP had something more on the works after this), and the thing that capped it off was Black's line (paraphrased):
Did I pay off my debt? Sorry I couldn't keep my promise, I was gonna to take off my jacket and surprise everyone with the BW agency shirt, but I didn't get the opportunity to do it

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
For me it’s Buttterfree leaving, Pikachu’s Goodbye, Jessie and James ordering Weezing and Arbok to leave them in order to protect all of the Koffing and Ekans that they freed from the poachers, Jessie releasing Dustox, Stoutland’s death, Tepig being tied up and slowly starving to death before Ash found it, Charmander being abandoned and waiting for Damien, Togepi having to say goodbye to Voltorb, And Togetic leaving Misty to protect the Mirage Kingdom.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
We all cried when Ash turned to stone in the first movie, didn’t we?

Stoutland’s death

That was mostly implied between the episode it last appeared in (when Ash gets Litten) and Mallow meeting the spirit of her mother.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Anime... I lost count with SM. But Stoutlands death, the moment where Lillie's pokephobia is resolved, her attempt to reach to Lusamine when the whole mother beast happened. Minior. Mallow and her mom.

The whole Mohn thing... Lillie using her Z move. So much.

Games. Besides some pokestar films. I'll be honest and say, Lillie calling Lusamine out... even though looking back at it, the whole climax made no bleeping sense and the stuff afterwards shot THAT moment in the foot. USUM's take as response to removing that climax. Her revised goodbye to Nebby, being in a more meaningful place and instead of that cute mother like worry... we have Lillie vowing to become stronger and wishing for Nebby to watch over her. Lillie becoming a trainer at RR... destroying a Rocket Grunt while we were busy fighting to the entrance of the castle, taking that big step into becoming a stronger person in the revised resolution.

For all my thoughts on this.

Oh Lillie offering to be your partner for the battle tree... and every time you manage a big win because of her or when she deals a good finisher on the opponents there.

Another to note... the Mohn closure.

We also have Hau as the final battle and it was so awesome.

We also have Mystery Dungeon Explorers... the whole ending.

Manga... that moment where Lillie shows Lusamine the pendant... and everything that ensued with that. That pendant answered so much and I love the scene for what it is... though the more people who see it... the more people who will be angry about it.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The cutscene of the Marowak ghost hugging her child in the Pokémon Tower was also very emotional and felt more fitting with the backstory than how RBY and FRLG forced you to knock it out in order to proceed. When playing the games as an older person, you realize that Marowak wasn’t trying to hurt you and wanted to scare people it didn’t know and trust away only because it wanted to protect her child. The playable character being forced to battle Marowak seems pretty cruel because it never wanted to leave her child behind all alone nor did she want to hurt you. I believe that’s why she kept telling you to get out before you get the Silph Scope so she could continue to protect her baby. She obviously let people she trusted by as shown with Mr. Fuji being at the top of the tower trying to calm her spirit. I just felt so guilty battling Marowak knowing that all she wanted was to Rest In Peace and protect her Cubone.

shoz999

200px-Hiker_Andy_Adventures.png

Hiker Andy from Pokemon Adventures lol. Truly the greatest Pokemon character to ever live. Up there with characters like Speedwagon and Ultra Instinct Shaggy. Oh but seriously, his moments are great, really hits you in the feels.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
200px-Hiker_Andy_Adventures.png

Hiker Andy from Pokemon Adventures lol. Truly the greatest Pokemon character to ever live. Up there with characters like Speedwagon and Ultra Instinct Shaggy. Oh but seriously, his moments are great, really hits you in the feels.
His scene at the end of BW was amazing too. Let's hope he one day will get to compete in a league.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Adaptations do the player character better by default, since in the game the player character isn't a real character, just an avatar for the player

shoz999

Anime: Ash losing to Alain, it hit me on my feelings of hope and I was left staring at my laptop screen like "SERIOUSLY?" for a bit until regaining my composure and watching the TF arc preview and the newest DBS episode
The whole final episode of DP, I was still recovering from Ash vs Tobias (that one didn't anger me, it was more like "too bad he lost, but man, that fight was AMAZING"), but since I was watching it on TV and wasn't following pokemon news, I had no idea there was so little time left in Sinnoh, so when they had to say goodbye to each other I kinda felt like Piplup at that moment, especially when I realized Brock was leaving for good this time. Then years later I realized that I watched this episode 2 years after it originally aired because Latin American dubbing can take a LONG time to release at times.

Games: Every.PMD.Ending, I'll just summarize my reactions here (note: I had already been spoiled of Explorers' and Gates', but RT and Super were blind)
RT: "Welp, *sniff* it had to happen sometime, BUT I DON'T WANNA LEAVE!"
E: "ok, I know what will happen here, I'm prepared............This is sad, but I'll come back a few minutes later after the memories scene" *gets to the memories scene* "why do you do this to me, game?"
GTI: "Yeah, I'll get through this, do the Worldcore quest and I'll be back" *gets to the Frism* "I can't take this"
Super: "Eh, just get me wrapped by light or something already.......huh, so the "I have to go back home" explanation was offscreened, that's odd"......................"WHAT? Nononononononononono! This wasn't how it was supposed to end
Special: This one's odd in that I already knew most plot points pre-SM by the time I had read them, but BW's ending still sticks out to me, the arc had gone into nonstop chaos since the Unova League finals, but everything came to a sudden stop at the end, leading to easily the most sombre endings of any arc (sure, FrLg's ending was also sombre, but here we knew TP had something more on the works after this), and the thing that capped it off was Black's line (paraphrased):
Did I pay off my debt? Sorry I couldn't keep my promise, I was gonna to take off my jacket and surprise everyone with the BW agency shirt, but I didn't get the opportunity to do it
You know what the ending to Pokemon Adventures BW reminds me of? It reminds me of the ending of JoJo's Bizarre Adventures Part 1.

Specifically where the villain returns against all odds, ruining Jonathan Joestar's most happiest moment of his life and from there on the audience realizes his story has finally come to an end, never getting the happy ending in the end and yet Jonathan Joestar is alright with that because he knows everyone else will be fine.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I found Lillie’s departure in SM to be so sad. You really felt like you were saying goodbye a good friend. Easily the most “in the feels” moments in game. Farewell really sets the tone for background music

An underrated scene is the end of ORAS where you and Brendan/May are walking back from the Pokèmon League and you reminisce about your journey at the pond where you first battled and the one that’s in the opening cutscene. Combine that with the slideshow credits and it makes you feel nostalgic for something you literally just finished

AZ reuniting with Floette got me. Very bittersweet watching him learn from his mistakes

Emma from XY’s post game saying goodbye to Looker after taking down the remaining Flare members.

Lillie again (that’s what happens when you’re the best written character in the series ) but when she tells off Lusamine in Ultra Space. Steely Lillie isn’t sad like the above but it still gets you emotional watching her character growth reach its climax

Xionea

Half a centaur
In the anime, the one scene that hit me the absolute hardest was Misty letting go of Togetic. You'e been watching Misty develop this motherly side to her, raising Togepi for a long time, and then having to see her let it go to protect what it cares about... She couldn't protect Togepi forever, so that one hit me hard.

It's also fair to say that the first five Pokemon movies all had their "feels" moments. The most recent movie, too, that one surprised me.

As for the games, the only part that really hit me was in SM when you go to encounter Lusamine in the Ultra Wormhole. It's one of my favorite fights in the whole series and the interaction with Lillie and her mom immediately afterwards got me tearing up (the OST is also very beautiful).

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
In the anime, the one scene that hit me the absolute hardest was Misty letting go of Togetic. You'e been watching Misty develop this motherly side to her, raising Togepi for a long time, and then having to see her let it go to protect what it cares about... She couldn't protect Togepi forever, so that one hit me hard.

Yeah, I mean, she had Togepi with her for like two regions. But sometimes in life, if you love something or someone, you have to let them go.