1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Times the Pokemon series hit you in the feels.

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by shoz999, Aug 26, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

For me, the best "feels" and best "brofist" moment when it comes to Togepi would have to Pokemon Adventures HGSS. Imagine that your a talented genius kid who excels at many subjects but your also handicapped by something and because of that you feel like your at your limits and the sadder part that others who claim that you are at your limit might actually be right. That's what Gold's Togepi, Togebo, is going through in this manga when he comes to a harsh realization why he can't evolve even though he's a talented and experienced battler.

MockingJ and wolf jani like this.
  2. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

The theme from N's room. It's even sadder and disturbing in BW2

NovaBrunswick, wolf jani and shoz999 like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I've never really felt serious emotions when playing the games, but I have been fond of several emotional scenes from the anime, such as Pikachu trying to revive the petrified Satoshi (Ash) in the first movie and all the other Pokemon crying.

NovaBrunswick, shoz999 and wolf jani like this.
  4. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Speaking of petrifaction, who remembers the Avengers Endgame moment where every hero you can think of from the MCU appears and Cap says "Avengers Assemble". That was a moment that really hit Marvel fans in the feels and the thing is Pokemon has such an awesome moment years back before the Endgame movie ever appeared and that was in Pokemon Adventures Emerald which has the ultimate fanservice to surpass Metal Gear.

Now I know I joke about the Metal Gear meme a lot but it's more funnier because there's a very strong truth to this that this might be the best fanservice the Pokemon series as a whole has ever done and it's a reunion but not any reunion. What's great about this is this is not simply some one-time reunion in a few chapters like how the anime does for one or two episodes and forgets about it later. This was literally an entire dedicated story arc (an equivalent to a season) that felt earned and built up through previous story arcs, rewarding loyal readers who made it this far and instead of seeing a bunch of immortal 10 year olds in action like the anime, we saw multiple trainers at different ages who clearly have already finished their Pokemon journeys, who are skilled trainers, if not Pokemon masters, in their own right showing off their experience and skills in an emotional action-packed reunion of protagonists from Gens 1 to 3 teaming up to stop one of the most ruthless Pokemon villains fans has ever seen, Guile Hideout, who reminds you that villains like Hunter J of the anime are actually pretty tame.

wolf jani likes this.
  5. Italianbaptist

Italianbaptist Informed Casual

The scene in Sun and Moon where Lillie reminisces about playing in the puddles with her mom before she went all crazy.

shoz999 and NovaBrunswick like this.
  6. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

That in game ? I don't think that i remember that part

7. Italianbaptist

Italianbaptist Informed Casual

When they’re on Exeggutor Island and it starts to rain. It got cut in the Ultra games but it was the closest I ever came to crying in a Pokémon game.

shoz999 and NovaBrunswick like this.
  8. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

The end credits theme music for Black and White, X and Y and Sun and Moon have all made me tear up to varying degrees, all three are fantastic pieces of music. I think out of the three Sun and Moon's end credits hit me most in the feels, mainly at the very end where you have the image of Lillie hugging Nebby and that cute message comes up:

"Everyone's smiles shine so brightly. Those smiles led us to many other people. And those meetings will lead us to a bright future. I'm so glad I got to meet everyone. I'm so glad I got to meet you. (C) 2016 Pokemon (C)1995-2016 Nintendo (C) 1995-2016 Creatures Inc. (C) 1995-2016 GAME FREAK Inc."

Really tugged at the heartstrings.

NovaBrunswick, wolf jani and shoz999 like this.
  9. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Didn't X/Y's end credits say something like "And to each our own way"? It appeared at the end of the final episode of the XY anime as well. Maybe the SM anime will have those messages as well when it ends, which might be this year or early next year.

shoz999 and wolf jani like this.