• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Times the Pokemon series hit you in the feels.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Is my toaster going to become sentient and capable of emotions if I hug it for Hours?

Isn't that basically The Brave Little Toaster?

Giovanni is not Ash’s father and never was intended to be his father.

Giovanni IS Silver's father, however, as revealed by the Celebi event in HG/SS. I think I was pretty shocked by that revelation - your rival being the child of one of the main antagonists? :eek:

Sponge

I can't really think of a time the main Pokemon series really made me feel anything deeply...

but the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games have gotten me a few times.

(I'd say the Emotion song from Pokemon Black and White is really beautiful though)

Sham

The Guardian of War
When Lusamine tells Lillie “When you did you start becoming beautiful”. Lusamine only wanted to be surrounded by beautiful things and her complimenting Lillie like that was basically saying “good job kiddo for finally standing up for yourself” imo

Of course when Lillie leaves as well (still listen to that theme a lot by the way)

The Celebi episode where we find out Giovanni is Silver’s father

Bianca’s father trying to take her back home and end her journey

When everyone thanks the hero in Platinum for going in the distortion world and saving Sinnoh

As for the anime scenes

I basically have one for each character

Brock’s backstory in OS
Misty not wanting to leave Ash in “Gotta Catch You Later”
May freaking out over her first Contest (and battle) with Drew and crying over losing
Dawn’s entire depression arc
Iris being homesick while going to Drayden’s school
Lusamine knocking Gladion out the way to save him from Nihilego
Lillie recovering her memories of Sivally
Lillie freaking out over seeing Sivally when Nebby teleported her.

TwilightBlade

I can't really think of a time the main Pokemon series really made me feel anything deeply...

but the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games have gotten me a few times.

(I'd say the Emotion song from Pokemon Black and White is really beautiful though)

The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games all had such sad endings - or at least the ones that I played during the DS generation. I actually teared up a little bit at the end of Explorers of Time.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
One Journey Ends Another Begins should have won a Daytime Emmy.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games all had such sad endings - or at least the ones that I played during the DS generation. I actually teared up a little bit at the end of Explorers of Time.

To me the ending of the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games [Red and Blue] was sadder because it was so unexpected to me. Up until that point all of the Pokemon games that I had played had upbeat endings, but Pokemon Mystery Dungeon were the first set of Pokemon games that had a sad conclusion.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Giovanni is not Ash’s father and never was intended to be his father.
But it was confirmed that Silver is his son, which used to be manga exclusive. The Celebi flashback in HGSS is rather emotional, seeing them fall out. It gives reason for why he was such a jerk. On Ash, Takeshi Shudo's light novel is pretty sad. I can see why Ash's father was never introduced because he and Delia's father are kind of depressing

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The entirety of Pokemon Adventures XY where we see the story of X (Calem in the games) get his groove back, seeing the introverted loner overcome his depression, re-learn to trust people, rediscover why he liked Pokemon so much in the first place and hiding his surprise that his friends haven't given up on him over the years.

A lot of characters throughout much of the Pokemon series tend to smile a lot and it's a detail we often consider to be just a normal part of Pokemon that a lot of times, people don't notice it but when one of the main characters is a depressed loner with trust issues and you see him smile, it is very noticeable that you can't help but smile yourself.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I mean, much of Sun & Moon's story was just depressing.

Lusamine driven mad by the loss of her husband, becoming an abusive mother and practically addicted to Nihilego's poison. Team Skull turns out to be just a group of depressed homeless teens desperate for a place to belong, one of which was actually contemplating suicide (kinda glad Game Freak took that part out in USUM, it was just too much).

Sword & Shield didn't get any less depressing.
Bede turns out to be an orphan with a rough childhood due to having no one there to love him, and when he finally finds someone to love him, they just end up using him for their own selfish purposes. Marnie revealing her entire town is poor and dilapidated due to no one wanting to visit or work there, and Piers in a deep depression because he's convinced it's all his fault. Hop having a period of self-blame and self-doubt because he feels he is bound to living up to his brother's standards and the standards of all those who adulate his brother, feeling if he is no good, everyone will stop supporting Leon.

I haven't even completed the entire story yet, and this is all the s*** that's been packed into it. Damn, Ohmori does not play around, man.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Damn, Ohmori does not play around, man.
You should put that in spoilers but speaking of depressing, you know what else is pretty depressing? In Pokemon Adventures Sun & Moon, there is this happy go-lucky kid named Sun right? Spoilers btw.

So in the manga, Sun's goal is to save up money to a 100 million Pokedollars because he wants to buy something and this is where things get really SPOILER-HEAVY and what he wants to buy is an island his Great Grandpa once owned but has now passed away. As a little boy, he made a promise to his Great Grandpa's Alolan Meowth that he will get the island back and Faba, who purchased the island, agrees that he will sell the child back at the price of a 100 million. However, here's the thing. Faba was just joking, he didn't actually meant it and didn't think a little boy could gain that much money and because that island has been built into the island of the Aether Foundation which values even more money than 100 million, Faba can't sell it back even when Sun manages to get a 100 million Pokedollars. After that, Sun is just devastated. His hard work to get that island back meant nothing since day 1.

poe_keeper

Go West Young Meowth. Loved this episode. I like how he forced himself to learn to talk to impress Meowzie… and then she wanted nothing to do with him because he could talk.