• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Times the Pokemon series hit you in the feels.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The fact that Wobbuffet was accidentally traded and Jessie didn’t want him.Just because he was a weak battler.
lol. Wobuffet is a nightmare in competitive.

TwilightBlade

Go West Young Meowth. Loved this episode. I like how he forced himself to learn to talk to impress Meowzie… and then she wanted nothing to do with him because he could talk.

I thought that episode was really sad too but not because Meowth got dumped, more because Meowth's backstory was full of misery and he never got a happy ending.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I did think that the Butterfree episode was depressing, but when I watched it, I was more sad because of Satoshi's (Ash's) reaction than I was because of Butterfree's actual departure. I was never that fond of Butterfree to begin with, which might explain why I wasn't as bothered by his farewell.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Blue losing her parents in FRLG Chapter of adventures. Or the end of that Chapter, can't describe without major spoilers, but I'm sure fans will remember.
Pikachu almost leaving Ash to be with other Pikachu in the anime
The little box with the floette in X&Y

shoz999

Blue losing her parents in FRLG Chapter of adventures. Or the end of that Chapter, can't describe without major spoilers, but I'm sure fans will remember.
Pikachu almost leaving Ash to be with other Pikachu in the anime
The little box with the floette in X&Y
Oh man. The ending of FRLG chapter. That is probably the first real time that I saw Pokemon fans legitimately worried for the characters simply because they really didn't know how it was going to go down afterwards. It didn't help either that the Emerald arc afterwards appeared to be an entirely new arc. I have NEVER EVER seen that many Pokemon fans legitimately express fear after seeing that ending. In my opinion, there is no Pokemon moment that can top that level of suspense and uncertainty.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Oh man. The ending of FRLG chapter. That is probably the first real time that I saw Pokemon fans legitimately worried for the characters simply because they really didn't know how it was going to go down afterwards. It didn't help either that the Emerald arc afterwards appeared to be an entirely new arc. I have NEVER EVER seen that many Pokemon fans legitimately express fear after seeing that ending. In my opinion, there is no Pokemon moment that can top that level of suspense and uncertainty.
How was the Pokespe fandom back then? I only started reading it since 2014 and that moment was spoiled to me

shoz999

How was the Pokespe fandom back then? I only started reading it since 2014 and that moment was spoiled to me
Pretty small but the comments you see back than packed a lot of emotion and weight in each words that you can tell these guys really love Pokemon, so it was really something when FRLG hit.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Pretty small but the comments you see back than packed a lot of emotion and weight in each words that you can tell these guys really love Pokemon, so it was really something when FRLG hit.
I think there was fear because it felt smaller, at least on english language sites. Whenever you look at the pokemon anime, you know certain things are dictated by marketing well before storytelling. Which can make feeling any kind of hope or fear a bit tricky. The things Red goes through have real consequences for him.

You know that Team Rocket in the anime is going to be blasted off at the end of each episode. But in Adventures the group is really capable of causing mass destruction, and villains sometimes just outclass the heroes in battle. Especially the new Admins in FRLG.

Obviously the Adventures Manga, even if it can't do something like permanently kill off a bunch of characters. But its independent enough to have serious changes. And it feels like writers have a lot more creative freedom to make more unusual or serious stories. As well as a stronger emphasis on continuity. All without losing the core virtues of the franchise (fair play, bravery, compassion, environmentalism etc.).

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
They don't. That was a rumour that went around based on a wrong translation of the Japanese version of the Bye Bye Butterfree episode.

Correct. I'm surprised that so many fans actually thought that Satoshi's Butterfree had died considering that it was shown in one of the Opening theme songs during the AG era, which implied that he was still alive. As for Pokemon deaths in general, Lucario's death in the eighth movie is probably one of the sadder Pokemon moments from the anime overall.

sage striaton

wishfulshipper4ever
I think I cried a lot when in the games, and even more in "Generations", Looker deals with Essentia/Emma. In the games they did make me feel pain because of his shouts that were aimed to make her get back to normality.
Still, what hit me the most waa the very end of the "Generations" episode when he lied his head on hers (because lol I felt like he bursted out in tears there).

Anyway, the whole story about Emma and Looker will break my heart whenever I remember about it

shoz999

Prof. Oak: "Here. The third Pokedex. Now you too are a trainer from Pallet Town"
Blue (Fem Protag): "I-bu-P-pro..."
Prof. Oak: "I'm just glad you're all right."

The time Prof. Oak recognizes the girl, Blue (Green in the west), as a trainer from Pallet Town, comforting her after all the trouble she's been through, telling her that he's just glad that she's okay. This is a really sweet moment that reminds you how much of a grandpa-figure Oak can be and it's also an extremely rare moment to see Blue/Green break down in tears as she's consider to be one of the more mature and stronger Pokemon characters.