• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Timeskip - Unseen events?

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I just thought about something in the anime. As you know, Ash usually don't stay at his home for much time between journeys. As soon as one journey ends, he starts another. However, between the end of Kalos and the start of Alola, that didn't happen. Ash spent an unseen quantity of time at Pallet Town before winning the journey to Alola and traveling through it.

That makes me think, could have some unseen events taken place in this timeskip? When Ash returned Kanto with his class, Rotom took pictures of several Pokemon that could mean they returned to Ash between Kalos and Unova. I would like to believe this theory, although they would need to confirm them. Let's see which are these events:
+ Ash's Squirtle: Weird enough, not just Ash's Squirtle, but the whole Squirtle Squad were at Oak's Lab and Rotom took a picture of them. I would truly like to see Ash's first Water Type living at Oak's Lab. Maybe Officer Jenny got new Firemen after all this time?
+ Ash's Pidgeot: Rotom took picture of a Pidgeot flying with a Pidgey and a Pidgeotto. It could be Ash's Pidgeot, since he was released in the wild very close to Pallet Town. Ash's king of flyers would be very useful to Ash.
+ Ash's Primeape: We didn't see Primeape between Rotom's pictures, but I would like to believe he finally returned after so much time, as he wasn't released back into the wild after all.
+ Ash's Haunter (???): We saw a "Ghostly Trio" very similar to the one that Haunter belonged between Rotom's photos, but I wouldn't count on being the same ones.

What do you think?

Kintaro

Banned
Ash's Bulbasaur and Squirtle were good friends, it would not be a surprise if Squirtle and the Squad visit Oak's ranch from time to time to see Bulbasaur.

Genaller

Silver Soul
I thought Rotom had travelled all around Kanto to take those snaps. By the end of it he had said that he could find all Kanto Pokémon except Mew meaning somewhere he must have taken pics of the legendary birds + Mewtwo and I doubt any of those live at Oak’s lab.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
I just thought about something in the anime. As you know, Ash usually don't stay at his home for much time between journeys. As soon as one journey ends, he starts another. However, between the end of Kalos and the start of Alola, that didn't happen. Ash spent an unseen quantity of time at Pallet Town before winning the journey to Alola and traveling through it.

That makes me think, could have some unseen events taken place in this timeskip? When Ash returned Kanto with his class, Rotom took pictures of several Pokemon that could mean they returned to Ash between Kalos and Unova. I would like to believe this theory, although they would need to confirm them. Let's see which are these events:
+ Ash's Squirtle: Weird enough, not just Ash's Squirtle, but the whole Squirtle Squad were at Oak's Lab and Rotom took a picture of them. I would truly like to see Ash's first Water Type living at Oak's Lab. Maybe Officer Jenny got new Firemen after all this time?
+ Ash's Pidgeot: Rotom took picture of a Pidgeot flying with a Pidgey and a Pidgeotto. It could be Ash's Pidgeot, since he was released in the wild very close to Pallet Town. Ash's king of flyers would be very useful to Ash.
+ Ash's Primeape: We didn't see Primeape between Rotom's pictures, but I would like to believe he finally returned after so much time, as he wasn't released back into the wild after all.
+ Ash's Haunter (???): We saw a "Ghostly Trio" very similar to the one that Haunter belonged between Rotom's photos, but I wouldn't count on being the same ones.

What do you think?
Though it looks like the rotom travelled outside Oak's lab to take pictures of the other pokemon, I would be very happy if your theory is proved true. I would very much want to see Ash having a battle commanding the Pokemon he had 'released'!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
What photos are we talking about? I don't quite remember any of that in the episode, unless I missed something.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
What photos are we talking about? I don't quite remember any of that in the episode, unless I missed something.
Rotom took photos of the Pokemon in Professor Oak's Laboratory, one of which contained a Gastly, Haunter and Gengar.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Are you trying to suggest Ash met Pidgeot offscreen?

God no, that'd be awful. We've been waiting for over two decades to see that promise be fulfilled. To have it be done offscreen would be a giant slap in the face.

This applies to any potential Pokemon reunions. Either do it onscreen or don't do it at all.

nickdt

I don't think rotom has taken photos off every mon. This is impossible because of the legendaries, so i think part of rotoms data is extracted from Ash's other dexes.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
The episode was just fan service to show a ton of pokemon from older gens and Rotom definitely left the lab.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Since when do Pokemon anime show even do timeskip like one piece or dragon ball ?
One word .....never .

ShadowForce720

Since when do Pokemon anime show even do timeskip like one piece or dragon ball ?
One word .....never .

While they haven't done as a major of a time skip as One Piece or Dragon Ball has done, Pokemon has done a smaller time skip which happened after the team flare arc. Not only that but it isn't reasonable to assume that there was some sort of time skip between X&Y(Z) and Sun and Moon considering when Ash went back to Kanto at the end of X&Y(Z) there was no mention of the Alola region at all, and then when Sun and Moon started we found out Ash and his mom had one tickets to go to Alola from a lottery, so there did seem to be some sort of time skip, obviously not as big of a year or more but there could of been a time skip of a few months were some different things did happen.

Redstar45

I could see that argue

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I always saw those photos that Rotom took as callbacks like seeing the Squirtle Squad again and just because we saw Haunter at Professor Oak's ranch that doesn't mean it belongs to Ash. Ash couldn't of reunited with his old Pokémon outside of the ranch when he spent all his time with his friends. If he searched and reunited with an older Pokémon he used to have, they would've at least gave us a still image of him hugging it or talking about it in the next scene. That's just plain mean to do it off screen when generally, when events like that aren't shown or mentioned on screen, it's seen as unimportant.

Redstar45