• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tired of OU. Ubers?

Freakshow

Jibaku
So it's time to reveal my secret uber team

Latias @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 158 / 176 Spd / 176 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Recover

The lead, as always. Runs over Kyogres and Mewtwos

Groudon @ Choice Band
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 32 Def / 10 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Okay, this is Groudon, EVed to survive a Dragon Danced Life orbed Outrage from Rayquaza. Being at 90 base speed makes 252 Spd/Atk EV spread a drag rather than a benefit. You'll notice that I have Fire Punch over Overheat for a few reasons. Fire Punch is safer to use and less stuff can absorb your Fire Punch (Heck it nearly does 50% to Latios). While it 2HKOs Skarmory and Tangrowth, both which are uncommon in ubers, as opposed to Overheat's OHKO, Fire Punch whacks Bug and Grass Arceus harder (someone used Grass Arceus against me...I think that was Jeb). It is more reliable due to the 100% accuracy and PP, and if you're facing a Blissey, and the opponent could to to Skarmory/Zong/Tangrowth anytime, you would not have to fear Blissey staying in and absorbing Overheat and land another Ice Beam on you. Fire Punch still OHKOs Forry btw. This guy is my main counter to TTar, and also lives as a backup counter to Rayquaza. Speaking of which the Groudon analysis -seriously- needs to be updated.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

This is my Steel and Dragon resist. This monster releases powerful Toxic Spikes into the field and Spins the opponent away. Stealth Rock is for Ho-ohs. Gyro Ball so I can do something to Rayquaza and Darkrai.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 24 SAtk / 226 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Icy Wind
- Recover

The ultimate uber sponge bla bla. I'd have ran aromatherapy over Thunder, but I decided that would ruin my next pokemon. Thunder in sunlight sounds insane but hey it might work one day. Icy Wind can slow down stuff just in case Thunder doesn't para...or if Toxic Spikes are out on the field poisoning everything

Arceus @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 6 Def / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Recover
- Brick Break

rips apart stall teams. Switches into the first layer of the opponent's Toxic Spikes, get poisoned, and start rripping. Arguably the deadliest Arceus set as of now.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -Satk)
- Dragon Claw
- Will-o-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is to go with Forretress and block spins and wall Gutsers. Takes sleep too

Well, as far as things to

Threat list:
Mewtwo: Specstwo is owned by Latias. TauntTwo without Ice Beam is owned by Groudon, and Shadow Ballless versions are laughed at by Ghost Arceus. Blissey could paralyze it with Thunder
Mew: Honestly, there's really no counter for this. Giratina absorbs Hypnosis and then Arceus Shadow Claws Mew to death
Forretress: Arceus sets up on it
Skarmory: Forry Spins away Spikes, sets up its own. Skarmory eats a Fire Punch from Groudon
Blissey: Groudon and Arceus, mainly.
Tyranitar: Groudon. Forry can switch into CBCrunches, although Groudon can take those fairly well anyways.
Lugia: Forretress sets up TS and Stealth Rock on it. CM versions don't like facing Arceus.
Ho-oh: Physical set is destroyed by Giratina. Groudon can Stone Edge it, but it must be careful of Sacred Fire's burn. Latias can wall special versions and I hope it does not carry Whirlwind. On top of that, Stealth Rock runs over it
Wobbuffet: No
Ninjask: Okay really...it's owned by Stealth Rock. uhh Giratina could wall the incoming recipient...or something. If I keep on hitting it, it doesn't pass anything but speed
Metagross: Giratina burns it and uhh Forry abuses it by setting up Toxic Spikes. Groudon CBQuakes/Fire Punches Metagross into oblivion
Latias/Latios: Blissey and Arceus, mainly
Kyogre: Blissey and latias. Giratina takes CBOgre down
Groudon: Latias and Giratina, mainly. Doing anything else besides Fire Punch or Earthquake will get Arceus setting up on it.
Rayquaza: Forry can take boosted Outrages and Gyro Ball Rayquaza to death. Groudon can take a boosted Outrage and Dragon Claw its face.
Deoxys-A: A combo of Latias, Forry and Giratina should stop it.
Palkia: Latias, mainly. Groudon switches into Aqua Tail and turns the weather sunny so Blissey can walk over it
Dialga: Blissey, mainly. I hope no one here runs Mixialga
Giratina: Ghost Arceus can take a burn (!!) and set up on it, and then Shadow Claw it to death. Latias Dragon Pulses it. Blissey absorbs WoW and anything it throws save Dragon Claw. Forry sets up Toxic Spikes on CB versions.
Darkrai: Okay this is hard. Giratina absorbs the sleep, and then we have Bliss to take on anything not called Focus Punch. Forretress can hopefully take down the non Thunder versions, and Groudon OHKOs it with Earthquake
Arceus: lol.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
I don't know much about Ubers, but it seems to be a pretty solid team. A little weak to Dark attacks, but otherwise quite nice.

BTW, why is that Arceus so deadly?

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Good luck handling Darkrai. Gyro Ball won't do anything to Darkrai as it just Dark Voids and switches/attempts to hit Forry's low sp.def w/ dark attacks.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Jibaku........now that's a name I haven't heard for a long time.

Other than the Darkrai weak, I don't really see that many weaks. Calm Mind / Punishment / Judgement / whatever Dark Arceus can give you grief as well.

Freakshow

Jibaku
Good luck handling Darkrai. Gyro Ball won't do anything to Darkrai as it just Dark Voids and switches/attempts to hit Forry's low sp.def w/ dark attacks.
actually, Gyro Ball does 51%-60% to a -Def Darkrai (118 BP), which is the team's real weakness.

Hmm...what do you suggest to cover that Arceus weak?

I have these

Arceus @ Fist Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 58 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic
This was previously used over the Ghost Arceus as my Groudon, Rayquaza, Tyranitar and Darkrai counter. Oh and backup Normal Arceus destroyer

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sandstream
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
BTW did you know that Max HP/near max SDef Careful Tar survives a Specs Timid Mewtwo Aura Sphere with ease?. This was used over the Groudon to counter Latias/os and possibly Mewtwo. Oh and Bliss, who does roughly 10% with Thunder

However, when I used these two, I keep running into problems against stall teams.

Last edited: