• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Titans: Red War - TT RPG (Rated R)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
PeeGee: Yeah, but just be forewarned that I'm being really picky about teleportation type stuff. You might want to have a pocket dimension or something instead.

Everybodies: I know I haven't updated the player list. But I will, all the info I need is right here, and in a file I have.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
The 'controlling other peoples movement' is not mind control, he use his telekinesis to just control their movement. Only gonna do that with NPC's, or to mess with player characters, with the players approval. I am aware of the restrictions, which was why I dropped his mind control abilities in the first place.

They were part of early development. lol. I'll remove them, since it doesn't really make much sense for him to use them, especially since he's a hero as well.
Got a writers block on the last part, so it kind of just happened. I'm open for other suggestions if you dislike the one already there.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
PeeGee:
That's probably alright.

Scahde:
Great.
Works for me.
We've got a few options. If you leave him as is, there maybe a 'you're not a real hero' attitude he's constantly encountering. Or, if Batman/Robin are important to you narrative; you could have them show up as he's subduing (but not killing) the robbers, or getting in over his head with them (it was early in his career, so it may be reasonable that his powers failed at some point). It could also be that just Batman showed up, who later introduced him to Robin but never told him he almost killed someone. He could also just have come to the city on his own (in which case Robin didn't send him in).

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Made a small edit to the history section. Dunno 'bout you, Vampy, but it makes more sense to me now. Let me know if there should be more changes.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@Vamp: Of course not. Not that she's going to (at the very least purposely) vouch for the position.

Anyways, here's Linda! Hopefully she's still okay as I uh...completely rewrote her personality section and it got shorter.

And I'll either edit Linda's mom's SU into this post or into a new one soon. Unless you'd prefer the SU sheets in seperate posts.

Super Name: Hunter Sigbin (super name); Canis Ryder (fake name)
Secret Identity or Civilian Name: Linda Matulin
Faction: Hero
Powers, Gadgets, and Skills:
Matulin Lineage: Being of the Matulin family, she can accelerate quickly and run up to thirty kilometers per hour. Her body is able to withstand those speeds. Unfortunately, she's more susceptible to the cold as well, becoming lethargic whenever she's cold. She also has mana which she can use to cast spells and perform magic as being part of this lineage. Her current spells are limited to these:
  • Hunter's Blessing: A passive spell that allows her to create blue glowing darts out of her mana. As Hunter Sigbin, the darts are instead arrows for her bow and explode upon impact. Because it uses her mana, she can only make a maximum of thirty in both forms.
  • Sigbin Chant: A short chant (Hatagi ko ang imong ngipon/Hatagi ko kinabuhi, sigbin) that, when uttered right before an attack, will have her attack suck some health from her enemy and transfer it to her.

Matulin Gloves: A family heirloom, these white gloves are enchanted by the family crest--a white circle with a light blue four clawed hand in its center with a blue diagonal zigzag line (looking like the classic depiction of lightning) over it--on the back of the gloves' hand. Whenever she taps the back of her hands together twice, she turns into Hunter Sigbin. As Hunter Sigbin, she gains enhanced hearing and enhanced vision, the latter of which is as good as a sniper scope. Her top speed is doubled. Her body's endurance is enhanced, making her withstand the speeds she goes and take more hits than normal. She also gains Bakunawa.

Bakunawa: An enchanted dark blue bow with a string made of light blue mana. The bow itself strong enough to be used as a melee weapon if needed.

Sonic Dirus: A blue Yamaha YZ450F 2015 possessed with her familiar, the spirit of her pet dog, Sonic. Its headlight glows blue and makes dog sounds because of that. She can call him by whistling.

Expert Marksmanship: Trained since she was young. She's skilled in long range fighting, able to shoot very far accurately and even behind her back.

Swordsplay/Close Quarters Combat: Not the same level as her marksmanship, but not to be underestimated, even with the lack of a sword now.

Driving: She can drive any vehicle but can only perform acrobatic feats with motorcycles.

Billingual: She can speak in English and Cebuano.

Personality: Surprisingly, Linda hasn't changed too much since the events of "the Contest", thanks to her parents' support. She still likes to have fun, especially sports and jokes, but she's considerably calmer, less mischeivous and her smile shows that too. She comes off as the quiet one now but really, she's just much more calm now. Despite what she's been through, she's still as friendly as ever, if a bit more wary of those who like to fight.

She is still, at heart, the protector she is. She does any responsibility and orders given to her well, giving everything she's got, though now has to try not exhausting herself. She doesn't mind being by herself but loves company, especially her parents' (though she often gets exasperated by her mom's terrible jokes). She gets rather "shouty" if you insult the things likes without explanation and she'll still do everything she can to protect the ones she cares for. And she hates being cold, like really. Though since the Contest, she's a bit sensitive on topics involving death, becoming rather somber and even more serious, if that was possible.

Appearance: Linda has a coltish form and stands at 5'1''. She's noticeably fit, but not muscular, from her time training by herself and with her father and various sports with classmates. Her eyes are a serene sky blue, more noticeable with her light brown skin. Her straight black hair reaches her sholderblades and is rather average everywhere else.*Her attire mainly consists of her gloves, a plain black t-shirt, blue jeans, white rubber shoes with metal soles, a brown bandana around her neck and a white jacket that she wears even in summer.

As Canis Ryder, she gains a white helmet that looks like the upper part of a dog head, complete with triangle ears. The helmet covers up to her nose, leaving her hair flowing, and covers her eyes, making it look like she has light blue pupiless eyes. The eyes, despite being part of the helmet, are as expressive as her own, blinking and squinting in synch with her eyes. She gains a black body suit with light blue tron lines running the arms and legs. She has white vambraces, shinguards, round shoulder pads, and chest armor. A light blue line runs across the chest armor, the ends reaching the shoulder pads and making a "U" shape. She also has a light blue belt which holsters Bakunawa by her left. The only things carried over from her regular attire are her gloves, her white shoes, and her brown bandana, the last one because of her personal attatchment to it.

History: Born in Mandaue, Cebu in the Philippines. Her father was one of several families of a long line of Filipinos who, using magic armor suits, defended their chosen home against monsters. Her mother, however, was an American. Her father's parents were hesitant to their son marrying a foreigner, especially a foreigner with no abilities or magic wielding whatsoever. They relented when they saw how happy their son was. For a while, nothing much happened, bar the teaching she had from her father and whatever combat he could teach. She got a pet dog on her fifth birthday and named him Sonic. She also started watching Kamen Rider thanks to her mother, who liked it herself. But her father's grandparents anger returned when she was six.

Her mother couldn't give birth to another child and the grandparents, not wanting the family name to dissapear, grew livid at that. It was then that her father decided to move to Chromium City, her mom's old home. Although she was young, she could tell her father was torned from the desicion, as he wasn't the same after that. He still had fun training his daughter and he was even at home more often, but she saw he would get really sad whenever he looked at an old photo of himself and his parents. She was grateful that her dad cared so much for her and her mom that he went away from his old fashioned parents. But, when she was 10, she found out it started because of her, so she decided to find some way to at least convince her grandparents that she wasn't a wasted life.

So that was when she got her father's gloves and, getting the idea from watching Kamen Rider, tried to defend the city not from monsters, but from villains. She took up the name Canis and that affected how her helmet looked. Thanks to her dad's teachings, it went well. Her first few attempts, ranging from stopping a bank robbery to foiling the plan of terrorists, were occasionally assisted by, coincidently, a fellow warrior hunter--geriro--and honarary Titan from Negros Oriental, Maria Bituin. Her exploits were eventually seen by her parents (especially the part where she crashed the terrorists on their bikes in the junkyard, hence her Yamaha YZ450F being a bit trashed, as she took theirs). As happy as her father was at being skilled at such a young age, both weren't (reasonably) willing to the idea of a ten year old fighting crime.

But upon seeing that she had an older hunter--Maria was 19--in the area, and she agreed to keeping an eye on her, they decided to let her. Over the next four years, she fought against criminals and supervillains. She got the motorcycle she trashed and used it as transportation, quickly learning how to drive. At twelve, Sonic died from an illness and she was saddened at that, so she asked if they could bring him back as a familiar and make him the family's guardian. They did, after a little thought, and she had him possess her bike as his new body, and so her parents wouldn't worry too much about her driving it. That's when she added Ryder to her super name, and Dirus to Sonic's, since she's "riding a sonic dire wolf."

Her grandparents did indeed hear of her exploits and quickly realized how petty their reasons were. Soon the bridge between her father and them was fixed, which made Linda very happy. She earned her title of Hunter Sigbin from them as she looked like a dog and could shoot behind her. She then got an invite to be part of the team for the city's newly built Teen Titans tower, recommended to the Titans by her friend, Maria. She figured she would get more oppurtunities to help and her parents would worry less if she had a team with her, she told her parents this. They agreed with it and so now she, and Sonic, are with the team.

The last thing she didn't expect--but, in retrospect, isn't half surprised--were things going bad. A few days after she arrived, they got the new recruits and Control Freak challenged them to a contest royal, not that she knew what that was. It was fine at first but after sacrificing one of the things she held dear, she started wanting to get back at Control Freak. At the final challenge, that's exactly what she did, by leaving him in the hands of Archie. That was when she saw his corpse.

She held together well after that happened and though it scared her a lot, what scared her more was how little she cared. Feeling responsible, she decided to stay with her parents for a bit to train herself more in her spare time. She ended up exhausting herself often and even more so from not getting enough sleep over her guilt. But after talking with her parents, she started feeling better. Eventually, she was her normal self, if less energetic, and accepting of her more dangerous thinking.

After a month since the Contest and living with her parents, she started living back in the Tower. What she didn't expect was that, a week later on a mission, she was helped by another hero...who turns out to be her mom and is going to stay at the Tower too. After explaining that she already talked with her father about this, had went to Robin for permission to be able to stay at the Tower (and get a cool suit from him) and that she's been doing her own "training" since she started doing her heroics, she moved into the Tower after that, which Linda is glad that she's nearby now.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Schade - “Grima” Nate Bonaparte: I think I understand the change, but it doesn't address the issue of sending him to Chromium City with a 'might [accidentally?] kill someone' issue. - Everything else is good, so I'm gonna put you as accepted though.

TheCharredDragon - “Hunter Sigbin” Linda Matulin: Accepted
- It's not something one vouches for, it's what happens when an overprotective/controlling mother's attempts to help interfere with other teammates' activities.
- I don't care if you put the SUs on the same post, just make sure when RPGing that you make it EXTRA clear WHO is doing/saying WHAT.

Now I go update player list.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I don't know how else I can change it.
Besides, he won't turn into a second Archie. lol. And the history section will likely not be mentioned in the RP.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Just take a little time to think it over, like I said there are lots of options (if it's important that he almost killed the guy, maybe Robin wasn't there, and doesn't know about that), and I've already accepted the character anyways.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Modifications to Lucas include:
--- Shadow Plane modification (pulling things in and out -- he's not quite proficient with the skill, but he'll likely be working on it)
--- Money (It is directly stated in his history he's an heir, but because I put money down for Kath, I figured I should do the same for Luc.)
--- Moved bilingual out of other and into skills, and expounded on it.
--- Modifications to Appearance (Added some specifics to his face, he now wears a blindfold mask shadow.... thing....)

And that's all.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Sketchie - “Drama Queen” Kathrine Smith: Accepted; I'm assuming you and Schade are on the same page
- Why did you have to point out the impossibility of the rocket shoes, way to ruin the suspension of disbelief. . .
- I'm not sure it's possible to be a 'pretty crier' since tears literally contain a chemical to make you unattractive.
- Villain with redeeming qualities? Easy, because things aren't as black and white as Teen Titans might make you think, one person's hero is another's villain; Vlad the Impaler, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln. . .

- The changes to Luc seem fine.

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Would I possibly also be able to sign up as a hero? Or would you prefer more villains?

Anyways here's Switch!

Super Name: Switch

Civilian Name, or Secret Identity: Derek Wembleton

Faction: Vigilante

Powers, Gadgets, and Skills: Derek has the ability to switch things with a touch, essentially teleporting an object to where another object is and vice versa. Derek needs to touch an object with one of his fingers and then touch another object with one of his fingers before they can be switched.

Derek is able to store up the switches, one for each finger, however for the switch to actually happen he needs to use the same finger on each object.

Derek rides a dirt bike around as his transport, and normally keeps a switch charged up in one of his pinkies so that he can pretty much always have his bike on hand.

Derek doesn't have any other superhuman abilities, but he is trained in martial arts and has the stamina to run away really fast and for a long time. For self defence, Derek carries a pair of batons.

Personality: Derek is a pretty personable guy, always trying as hard as he can to please others. While he knows that it is an irrational feeling, he feels that if someone doesn’t like him that he has personally affronted them. He will fret and fret about it, eventually working himself up into a tizzy, and even when he eventually finds out that it isn’t his fault that someone doesn’t like him, Derek still feels really bad.

Wanting to please others ties into another aspect of Derek’s personality, that he is a bit of a control freak, which he attributes to what happened to him when he first tried to go out and play superhero. If things do go the way that he wants, then everything’s hunky dory. When things don’t, Derek finds himself incredibly flustered, as he doesn’t have a very good ability to adapt to sudden changes. If someone tells him what to do, then he’s fine, otherwise he is completely out of his element and is prone to just completely shutting down.

Derek harbours a deep resentment towards authority figures. Most of the resentment is aimed towards superheroes, but there is some aimed towards police officers and the like. This resentment come from waking up from his coma and finding that Chromium City wasn’t any better than when he went into it. When he is Derek, he is able to hide this resentment, but upon donning his Switch he makes no attempt to hide it. He has no respect for heroes, and will, and has, deliberately interfere with superheroes doing their job, catching or defeating the villains himself.

Appearance: Derek is tallish, nearly breaking about six feet tall. He has a somewhat muscular form, some definition on his body but not too much. His skin is dark, which is understandable considering he is African American. He has dark blond hair, which he normally keeps short, that way it is way less of a hassle than it would be otherwise. But when he doe allow it grow out, it normally ends up quite curly. His eyes are dark brown, with some flecks of green dotted around them. Derek is normally found in comfortable clothing, mainly jeans and hoodies when its cold, favouring ones that are either blue or red. When he has to deal with warmer weather, he likes to wear shirts with witty phrases on them and board shorts.

Derek’s vigilante uniform is simple, he didn’t want his outfit to resemble those that heroes tend to wear. Instead of the usual spandex, Derek has opted for something a little simpler. He wears what is essentially a very dark purple motorbike outfit, with body armour tactical placed around his body to protect his vital parts. He doesn’t wear a helmet, instead opting for a simple domino mask, the only remnant of his outfit from his past. He wears a pair of fingerless gloves on his hands, his batons are holstered around his waist and he wears black steel capped boots.

History: Derek was born in Chromium City, his father a florst and his mother a professional boxer. Due to the nature of Chromium City, Derek lived somewhat of a sheltered life, his parents weren’t very fond of him going outside. He was homeschooled, and essentially was barricaded from the outside world. Several of his parents’ friends had the same idea with their kids, and such Derek’s only real interaction with other people who weren’t family members was with those kids. Not that it was all bad, even though the other kids could be… eccentric, Derek still found himself making some really good friends. Life continued on as normal until Derek was twelve, when things started turning a little more… different.

As if by some weird kids show coincidence, Derek and all the kids in his secluded little group all developed powers. That morning was one of the more chaotic of Derek’s life. With no idea what was happening, he spent all morning trying to just get dressed and brush his teeth. Needless to say, actually learning how to not swap things when touching them was quite the ordeal. Ultimately, he was able to sort of control it by wearing gloves of all things. He learned that his friends had also developed abilities, and was quick to scheme. Everyone knew that heroes liked to work in groups, so it seemed like a no brainer that they would form their own little super group. The kids donned themselves the ‘Big Busters’ (they were twelve, give them a break), and they pretended to to be superheroes for a good three years.

Derek was the one who decided that the group should actually go out and do some superheroing, egging everyone on that they should sneak out and go do some good. And so they managed to sneak out, helped by one of the kids having the ability to bend light. Unfortunately, things decided to go horribly horribly wrong. Two supervillains had tried to rob the same place at the same time, and were very clearly not happy about the situation. Like normal reasonable people they decided to pretty much fight to the dead over who would be able to claim the loot. This was when the ‘Big Busters’ crashed onto the scene, and in classic superhero tradition a fight ensued. Derek doesn’t really remember much of what happened, but there was one thing that definitely happened. Nearly all the Big Busters were killed, Derek himself nearly died, ending up in a coma.

For two long years, Derek stayed in that coma, his parents refusing to pull the plug on him. The day he finally awoke was one of the happiest days of their lives. For Derek, it was one of the worse. He found out that all of his friends were dead, killed in the fight that he had convinced them to becoming a part of. Not only that, he found out that Chromium City had gotten worse, that the superheroes still hadn’t gotten it under control. It crushed him, his hatred driving him through his year long and incredibly painful physical therapy. Once the grueling recuperation was finally over, Derek made the decision that he would be the one to protect Chromium City, spurred on by the formation of the Teen Titans in Chromium City.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
PeeGee - “Switch” Derek Wembleton: Accepted
- Have fun keeping track of potential switches.
- Good motivation for being between the two groups.
- There's still a hero slot, so you can have it, though I would prefer more villains as we're really low on villains, which is why I'm not opening up any more hero slots.

EVERYBODY:
- It looks like most people are signed-up. I don't know how long it'll take me to get this up, but this-week-soon-ish. I've been working on a villain, so I'd like to finish her first.
- There's lots of villain slots and freelancer spots left. Have at them if you will.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Sketchie: as my mom would say, 'if you have to ask, you probably already know the answer'. I may make an exception if anyone wants to take on controlling a Canon character, but beyond that I think 2 characters is probably enough.
___

My Villainess:

Super Name: Little Doc, Lil Doc

Civilian Name, or Secret Identity: Nelly Mancini

Nelly is a child genius. She is capable of coming up with complex battle strategies and wild inventions, all before snack time.

Primary Gadgets:
- Flamethrower: An improvised flamethrower Nelly built, and later improved, it can shoot both prolonged streams of fire and fireballs. Good for about five to ten minutes of mayhem.
- Motorized roller blade shoes: When out on 'missions' Nelly can pop wheels out of her shoes, and activate the tiny motors for a quick escape.
- Mecha Spider: A large mechanical pod (about the size of a smart car) with spider legs that Nelly and a couple henchmen can ride around in. It's design allows it to go places cars and bikes can't, including up walls. The spider can shoot sticky globs and painful electrical pulses.

Some Money: Nelly isn't super rich, but her family and it's organization has definitely accrued enough to be considered upper class.

Personality:
Nelly's personality is very mixed. On one hand she's a spunky playful child who's still a little scared of things that go bump in the night, while on the other hand she is a brilliant scientist with a knack for mayhem. This is hard on her, because she's at an the age where you're expected to not be afraid of the dark anymore, and she certainly knows it.

She's rather selfish and egotistical, probably as a result of both nature and nurture. She takes after her parents who always wanted the best for themselves and always tried to give her the best as well. Spoiled brat is probably an understatement.

That said, she is good to the people who are loyal to her, she pays them well and looks out for their well being. . . as best an eleven year old can. She's smart enough to listen to advice on this, but egotistical enough to ignore it. Rash, you could say.

While she can discuss quantum physics with you (assuming you're capable of discussing quantum physics), Nelly has a very simplistic world view as she is still just a spoiled child, albeit a very smart spoiled child. She doesn't understand the subtleties or the reasons with which her father ran the family business, which has led to some rash and life-altering decisions in recent months.

Appearance:
Nelly is in a word, cute. She is a short girl with all the soft features of a child, looking even younger then she actually is (around 8 or 9). She has a rounded face with a small upturned nose and large expressive blue-green eyes. Her skin is on the lighter side of tan, which is not shut in pale, but not super tan. Her shoulder length curly hair is strawberry blonde and all over the place.

For clothes, Nelly likes something practical, jeans or cargo pants with a colorful t-shirt or a nice blouse. Often she's wearing mini coveralls or a lab coat over her clothes, and sometimes goggles (especially if she's using her flamethrower). There is no distinction between her regular clothes and her 'super villain' clothes, as she knows the likelihood of keeping her identity secret is next to none, so why waste effort on it.

On appropriate occasions, Nelly will don nicer clothes; a lacy dress and white stockings with shiny black shoes. If it's a winter event she'll add a white fake fur coat to this ensemble, and maybe wear some fashionable black leather boots instead of dress shoes.

History:
Nelly was adopted as a newborn by Nelson and Anita Mancini, who found her birth mom, an unmarried teen via the internet (as Anita was found to be unable to conceive). All three were expecting the baby to be a boy due to an inexperienced sonogram tech, so Nelly was quite a surprise, and the plan of naming her Nelson after her adoptive father had to be altered.

Her birth mother only held her than once, and told her sadly of the better life the Mancinis would give her (unaware of their criminal activities, but knowing they were far better off monetarily), before handing her off, and from that moment on she was Nelson and Anita's beloved daughter.

Nelson was the small time mob boss of 11th street. His men moved black market goods across state lines, offered 'protection' to local business, dealt with 'threats' to their business, and made bids to expand their territory. Their shady activity was done in secret with occasional bribes and threats, and therefore tended either to not attract the attention of the officials, or to get intentionally ignored by them.

At a young age Nelson and his men noticed there was something different about Nelly. She was smart, real smart. She booby-trapped the house when her sitter fell asleep, creating elaborate devices. She diagnosed one of them as diabetic before they even knew she knew what diabetes was. She built a flamethrower because she was bored. These feats earned her nicknames like 'Our Little Mad Scientist' and Little Doctor Mancini', which eventually shortened to 'Little/Lil Doc'.

But mobs and mafias being what they are, Nelson was not long for this Earth. Despite a bit of a power struggle, most of the men still felt loyal to Nelson's family, which meant loyalty to his only heir, Nelly, and in the end with their support she became the new boss. Nelly used this new-found control to take revenge of course, though there was certainly still an emptiness once the job was done.

Nelly has since been building her empire, expanding territory and scaling up her operations. As a child she doesn't really understand how the smaller size and subtle activities of their organization was what allowed them to elude police, so going directly to what she wants and taking it (for example, robbing banks) seems perfectly rational.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Okay. Hopefully before Sunday in your time though, 'cause I'll be busy with school again. Anyways, here she is! Hopefully she's all right.

Super Name: M-Buster
Secret Identity or Civilian Name: Kelly Jones Matulin
Faction: Hero
Peak Phyical Condition: After putting herself through physical training and exercise, she's as strong and fast as she could possibly be.

Mach Chaser: A simple white and grey Mitsubishi motorcycle that she has no idea of what specific type it is. Her main mode of transportation when she's not M-Buster.

Bakunawa "Ninian": A familiar in the form of a large white serpent with a draconic head anchored to the world by Kelly's card, Ryu Knight. She's fifteen feet long and can carry a maximum of three people. If her body is ever destroyed, she recovers her energy inside the card for about a day until she can come back. She's only permanantly killed if the card is destroyed. She wears an aquamarine scarf. Given to her by her husband, Timothy, because he's overly worried about her safety. She often stays by her side, or at least close by. Whenever outside and not as M-Buster, she returns to her card and can be summoned at will. She is capable of wingless flight, minor water control, swallowing things about the size of a human lying down and leaving them unharmed (humans included) and is durable thanks to being a familiar summoned for combat. Her actual name is Bakunawa but Kelly likes to call her Ninian. She's her main mode of transportation as M-Buster.

OMEGA Arsenal: The collective name for all her gear which are stored inside the various pockets of her signature white trenchcoat, OMEGA, unless stated otherwise. Appearance detailed in appearance section. She stores the trenchcoat in her duffelbag. All of her gear have "codenames" which are eally just references to games and stuff about Kamen Rider she knows, just like her trenchcoat (which stands for "Overly and Massively Ernest Garment of Awesome" by the way). The arsenal consists of:
  • Taichi: Thick heavy set goggles modified to hold her Titans communicator. She can detach the communicator if she wants.
  • Mary: Two knives, one enchanted to be able to affect supernatural creatures, and one not.
  • Plague: Ten vials with strong acid inside stored in a metal case so they don't break inside her coat. She restocks after all are used.
  • Ryu Knight: A custom Tarot card of the card Strength where it depicts a dragonic serpent in the background in the infinity sign with a woman with an injured arm in front of it with a determined look. The card is how Ninian is able to stay in this world as she "possesses" it, like how Sonic possesses Linda's motorcycle.
  • Ness: A red and yellow yoyo with a much stronger and longer string, which reaches as far as five feet.
  • Medic: A slim tablet like first aid kit, which also has one splint, cleaning alcohol and clean cloth in it.
  • Duct tape Four rolls of it.
  • Char the Lizard: A water gun customized to look reminiscent of a scifi gun and a dragon, particularly the muzzle where it looks like a European dragon's head with its mouth open. Instead of water, it's a flammable liquid that will not be mentioned that is ignited when she presses the trigger, essentially making it a flamethrower. She has two other cases she can switch on the go when in combat. This, and her ammunition, are usually stored with her supersuit at the Tower and not her fannypack.
  • Prometheus: A blade shaped like a sickle that has a very strong adjustable clamp to put on various poles. The staff she usually attaches this to is stored on the back of her supersuit.

Close Quarters Combat and Marksmanship: Thanks to her husband, though not quite as proficient as her daughter, she can hold her own in a fight.

Driving: Can drive any vehicle and has the license for it.

Trillingual: She can speak English, Cebuano, and Filipino, though not quite as fluently for the last.

Personality: Kelly is a rather laid-back woman, not exactly like most people her age. Most of the time, she doesn't really get too worked up about things. She faces problems calmly, insults rarely faze her and she isn't affected by the worst of tantrums. She's very friendly and easily approachable, in part to her relaxed demeanor. She gets along with others well enough and, despite being one of the eldest (emphasis on "one of"), she doesn't mind listening to those younger than her, as long as said person isn't arrogant about it.

Though it's been tempered over the years of being a wife and mother, Kelly is very much a joker and prankster. She likes making jokes, puns, and doing the occasional prank. Though the pranks aren't the dangerous or humiliating kind. Because of this (and probably watching too much Mythbusters), she has a tendency to use everyday items in ways never intended. Whether or not they're helpful or useful is up to debate. She's a thorough geek, or at least she thinks herself as one (what with the references on her gear and supername). She enjoys quite a number of video games, anime, comic books, regular books and TV shows--both educational and not. Especially video games. And Kamen Rider. To her utter disappointment and irony, she actually hasn't watched that many Kamen Rider shows as much as she wants to.

Even though she seems care free, she gets things done one way or another with a lot of drive and determination. She's also inherently stubborn. Once she sets her mind on something, it's hard to change it, very hard. She doesn't liked to be forced to do things but is reasonable. She cares a lot about her daughter and is close to her. Though that miht be called to question since she has a tendency to make bad jokes on purpose when she's around just to annoy her. She cares as much about her husband too and keeps in touch with him.

Appearance: Kelly is 6'3'' with a lean build and with skin slightly tanned from her training and exercise. Her hair is dark brown and in a short tomboyish cut, partly because of practicality, partly because she likes it. Her figure is noticeably feminine and she now maintains her physique with regular exercise. Her eyes are sky blue and her face is slightly aged but not by much. She dresses rather casually and appropriately. Right now, her usual attire consists of a red shirt, blue jeans, and white rubber shoes. The things she wears almost all the time are her duffelbag and her wedding ring on her right hand.

As M-Buster, her suit looks more like less bulky pale purple and silver knight armor, hands included, and less like a spandex suit, allowing her full range of movement without compromising the defensive capabilities of her armor. The back of her armor stores her two staff Deadpool style. Over her armor is her white trenchcoat, OMEGA, which has red trimmings and a big M over the omega symbol on the back. She usually leaves it unbuttoned unless she can't get her armor or put it on in time. Instead of the typical knight helmet, she wears a berét, her goggles and a thightly bound cloth as a mask, all of which are inside her duffelbag when not in use.

History: Kelly was a single child born in Chromium City to two American parents, her mother a journalist while her father stayed at home. Her life was rather average as she grew up. She went to school, made a few friends, joined some clubs, attended some school activities and got into plenty of trouble after pranking. Like plenty of kids, she became quite a fan of video games, growing up playing on Nintendo systems. The games actually lessened her pranking activities, as an incentive to get games.

Then when she was thirteen, her mom died overseas in the Philippines while reporting activities in Cebu from some sort of poison, supposedly killed by an extremist. She was greatly saddened by this and it was only because of her father she didn't spiral into despair. Instead, she made a promise to go to the Philippines to, at least, find out what exactly happened. And for the next few years, she readied to do such. She saved up whatever money she made (that was legal, of course), studied how to speak Filipino and researched what she might need to go overseas and back.

Aged twenty one, she finally saved enough and got what she needed and arrived in Cebu, Philippines. Of course, trying to find out what transpired seven years old and on someone whose death was unusual wasn't going to turn out well. She came up with a lot of dead ends, leading her to stay much longer than she thought she would and taking up a part time job to do so. It was during this time she became a fan of Kamen Rider after seeing a Filipino dub of one of its series. This continued on for two whole years until she was approached by a young man.

To say she was suspicious that, after two years, she got nothing and then a man says he might know what happened suddenly shows up was somewhat of an understatement. Eventually though, the man convinced her to follow him. She was taken to his home where he lived with his parents. After the man introduced himself as Timothy Matulin, he introduced his parents and they went on to explain. Her mother died because of taking a hit intended for Timothy from a local monster. Because they're supposed to keep the fact that these monsters exist a secret, they covered it up. The only reason they told her was because Timothy thought she deserved it.

She promised not to say a word about it and thanked Timothy for telling her. With no goal anymore, she decided to live in the Philippines having grown fond of it. She kept in touch with Timothy as he dealt with monsters and actually helped him a few times, mostly with cover ups. As time went on, she and Timothy fell in love, with him helping her get through her father's death. His parents were initally hesitant but eventually stopped bothering them and they soon married. A few years after that, Linda was born.

They were going to have a second child but due to a bunch of circumstances that she prefers to not talk about, she ended up being unable to give birth anymore. Timothy's parents, being rather old fashioned, were rather livid, especially since their first born was a girl. Timothy wouldn't take any more of it so he had them move back to her old home of Chromium City. As grateful as she was for that, she knew he was torn at the decision.

Things were becoming rather peaceful now. Linda went to school, Timothy had no obligation to hunt anymore and so would spend time with Linda along with her, with her husband teaching whatever he could to Linda. Then...four years after moving back to the city, they saw Linda on TV, who they recognized thanks to Linda's gloves. Of course, they were worried and chewed her out for doing this in secret for a while. In retrospect, she's rather impressed her daughter was able to pull that off.

They eventually let her do her heroics after finding that she was working with another geriro. But Kelly didn't want to stay on the sidelines. However, she knew, without powers, she wouldn't last long to superpowered teenagers so she started her exercising and training with her husband. When the Titans Tower was erected, an invite to Linda was sent. They allowed her to go seeing as she now had the support of a whole team instead of just one other person. A part of her wished they hadn't agreed.

Only a few days after Linda left, she saw the replay of last night's news of Control Freak's death, as well as her daughter on it. After that, they picked her daughter up--in more ways than one. As Linda got herself back together, Kelly discussed things with Timothy (or rather, convinced him to stay here, handle criminal activity near their home, and that she'd be fine), making sure her daughter wasn't aware of her plans to surprise her. When Linda moved back to the Tower, Kelly informed Robin of her intent and request and granted it. A week later, after then explaining to her daughter, she lives in the Titans Tower with the rest of the Titans.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
TheCharredDragon - “M-Buster” Kelly Jones Matulin: Pending
- Slightly concerned about the demon snake, and it going invisible. . . just how big around is it? Like how big of things can it swallow? Is it careful not to crush civilians as it hangs around?
- Unless the fanny-pack is magic, there's no way all that would fit. Maybe a shoulder bag?
- I'm not sure what's going on here, “The card is how Link is able to stay in this world as he "possesses" it, like how .” It feels like you were editing a copy-paste and forgot to finish.
- Slew of costume questions; what color is armor, how does she get to staffs while wearing a coat over them, is the cloth mask just over the lower part of her face?
- Grammar in some spots isn't great, but that's not really an issue.

- Yeah, soon-ish meant I intend to get it up before Sunday. Possibly tonight.
(edit: it's up now - RPG Thread)

Last edited: