1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"Title Fight" - Sony's version of Super Smash Bros. (Rumor, Unconfirmed)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Sonic Boom, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

In the past 30 days, rumors have been circulating about Sony developing an equivalent of Nintendo's popular Super Smash Bros. franchise. PaulGaleNetwork first revealed small tidbits about this game back in October, and then elaborated on some points two weeks later, with some info on a character lineup, and how the characters' "special abilities" would be implemented. Since then, other media outlets have started to disclose information they have gathered on this title; Superbot Entertainment revealed recently that it was in charge of designing a "combat-heavy multiplayer title for the PS3," and Chris Molina, a level designer for the aforementioned company, posted details and pictures (of Sweet Tooth, and coding for Kratos) about Title Fight on his Twitter account; they were removed shortly after.

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Sony-Smash-2-358x600.jpg

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Sony-Smash-3-600x358.jpg

Also, the "Michael" trailer has been labeled as the teaser trailer for this title.

If anything, such a multiplayer title would go hand-in-hand with the "Long Live Play" campaign Sony's been going with as of late. But regardless, this is still unconfirmed at the moment, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. Mariya Shidou

Mariya Shidou Banned

What is going on in the second picture? Since it looks like what happens when you beat a game of solitaire on an older Windows PC.

Sweet Tooth, though? I'm okay with this. Parappa the Rappa? Oh god yes.

"Title Fight," though? I can't tell if that's a good pun or a really really tremendously crappy one.

3. Sonic Boom

The second picture is incomplete beta coding, it looks like. The important details in that picture are in the text at the bottom though; one of the lines has "Sweet Tooth" and "Kratos" performing actions against one another.

"Title Fight" is the tentative title right now, and it may change.

4. Needs moar Jak/Daxter or Ratchet/Clank.

5. Night Shadow

Night Shadow BRRAAP BRRAAP

This looks pretty cool. Too bad I don't own a PS3 >_<

6. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

I'm gonna need more than Sweet Tooth and possibly Kratos to hold my interest. If they got all the characters from the Micheal trailer in this, then I'd get hyped.

7. Mariya Shidou

Mariya Shidou Banned

Regardless, "Title Fight" will probably stick to it for at least a while. It seems like it'd be an amusing title for a game, but the pun feels like it may be missed. (A fight between characters from various titles... Oh, man, is that awful. In a good-ish way.)

Especially Ratchet/Clank. Though, depending on what gear they're outfitted with, I could see them being tough to balance. Certainly there won't be any RYNOs, but at least one of the rocket launchers seems a bit reasonable. I'm a fan of the classics, so I'd personally prefer the Devastator if any of the

why am i getting into that yet

8. bug pro

bug pro Pearl on Phone

Wanna-be final smash for Ratchet maybe? RYNO blast?

9. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "What are yeh looking at. Gimme my booty back."

Their take on SSB?

It'd sell more if it was their take on CoD.

10. Crimsonlink

Crimsonlink Crimson Champion

Sounds amazing to me, you actually have battles with people across the world and they can patch the game to balance characters.

11. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

So a Sony version of Super Smash Bros. Isn't there anything that Sony won't copy from Nintendo?

Anyway I wouldn't mind seeing this proving the game play is good and the character that I like are in the game.

12. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

We don't know anything about the gameplay, and Nintendo didn't invent the cross-over fighting game, and that's the main similarity so far.

13. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

Yeah I kinda knew that. But if I didn't mention it, someone would.

Even though we have no idea what the game play there is no way it will good as Smash Bros.

14. Crimsonlink

Crimsonlink Crimson Champion

Geez talk about a Nintendo fanboy waltzing in here like that. Dunno if you are trolling or not.

If Sony's "Title fight" game has a stable online multiplayer it will already be loads better than Brawl by a landslide.

15. metagrody6

metagrody6 COMO UN JEFE

Because stable online multiplayer makes a game good for shore

16. AuraChannelerChris

Too bad that doesn't stop people to think it's Sony's take on SSB, and it'll be blatantly obvious if the game itself is the same unique genre found in SSB.

17. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

Their online services for one.

Y'know, assuming you weren't actually trying to make that a double negative.

Fanboy ignorance at it's finest folks.

And then the pot called the kettle black.

18. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

Honestly, I'll need to see the roster before I even get interested in this. A crossover fighting game is only as good as its roster, after all.

Speaking of which, I hope Sony goes all out and gets third parties in on this. Unlike Nintendo which can and currently is surviving solely on first and second party games, Sony probably wouldn't be here today without third party games. Could be interesting.

19. AuraChannelerChris

Parappa the Rapper was kind of confirmed, so it looks like they're going waaaaaaay back down history to bring as many first party characters as possible.

20. Sonic Boom

A full list of IPs/franchises/etc. Sony owns:

Ape Escape
    Arc the Lad
    Buzz!
    Calling All Cars!
    Carnival Island
    Colony Wars
    Cool Boarders
    Dark Cloud
    Dark Mist
    Demon's Souls
    Dead Nation
    Destruction Derby
    Discworld
    Dog's Life
    Downhill Domination
    Dropship: United Peace Force
    Eight Days
    Extermination
    EyePet
    EyeToy
    FantaVision
    Folklore
    Fat Princess
    Gangs of London
    Genji
    Getaway, The
    Ghosthunter
    Gran Turismo
    God of War
    G-Police
    Hardware
    Heavenly Sword
    Hot Shots Golf
    Ico
    inFamous
    Intelligent Qube
    Invizimals
    Jak and Daxter
    Jeanne d'Arc
    Jet Moto
    Jumping Flash!
    Killzone
    Kinetica
    Kung Fu Rider
    Lair
    Last Guardian, The
    Legend of Dragoon, The
    Legend of Legaia
    Lemmings
    LittleBigPlanet
    LocoRoco
    MAG
    Mark of Kri, The
    MediEvil
    Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest
    ModNation Racers
    Motor Toon Grand Prix
    MotorStorm
    Okage: Shadow King
    PaRappa the Rapper
    Patapon
    PixelJunk
    PlayStation Move Heroes
    PoPoLoCrois
    Primal
    Pursuit Force
    Rally Cross
    Ratchet & Clank
    Rise of the Kasai
    Resistance
    Rogue Galaxy
    Ruin
    Shadow of the Colossus
    SingStar
    Siren
    Sly Cooper
    Sports Champions
    SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs
    Sorcery
    Syphon Filter
    The Fight: Lights Out
    The Shoot
    Tourist Trophy
    Twisted Metal
    Uncharted
    UmJammer Lammy
    Warhawk
    War of the Monsters
    White Knight Chronicles
    Wild Arms
    Wipeout

Of these, God of War, Parappa the Rapper, and Twisted Metal representatives are already slated for use in the game. There is a solid chance Uncharted, InFamous, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, and Jak and Daxter reps will be used, as well as maybe Metal Gear due to ties between Konami and Sony. Fat Princess and Little Big Planet may also be used, particularly the latter due to a stage from that series being developed. There's also the possibility of a Demon Souls rep being used.

True, Sony owes a lot to 3rd party support. But Sony has a wide list of franchises to use for characters, stages, etc. Title Fight is projected to have 20 characters in the game, so it's not a demanding number to the point 3rd party characters have to make a significant portion of that list.