• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Title Fight" - Sony's version of Super Smash Bros. (Rumor, Unconfirmed)

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Too bad that doesn't stop people to think it's Sony's take on SSB, and it'll be blatantly obvious if the game itself is the same unique genre found in SSB.

Unless the game has copied SSB down to the same multiplayer along with the damage percentage and items then no it is not Sony's take on SSB. We don't know anything now except what the media is hyping the game up to be as the game hasn't even been officially announced by Sony.

Also CharizardChampion#06 I'll give you that for calling me out lol but I never said the game would be better than Melee or 64.

Slick

Banned
I don't know how many fighting games you've played, but it's far from a unique genre.

The mechanics of Super Smash Bros. are different to those of the stereotypical fighter, such as Street Fighter.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Why the heck is everyone calling this a SSB clone? There's not even a single gameplay screenshot yet, and Nintendo fanboys are already saying this is a ripoff because Sony is also doing their own take on the "character mix-up" fighting game genre. For all we know, it could follow Power Stone's, Ergheiz (that PS1 FF fighting game), or even Dissidia's gameplay style but with 4-players. Heck, there's even a chance that this game could use a new gameplay style and mechanics, different than anything in fighting games today. Also, if this game does become real, it having online would have a MAJOR advantage than the next Super Smash Bros on the Wii U and 3DS shi!TTY online (hey, if Xbox and Nintendo fanboys are saying that the PS4 will suck because of one mistake Sony did in 2006, then I definitely will imply that to Nintendo's half-arsed, non-playable online service)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
By Nintendo fanboys, you mean pretty much the entire internet. It doesn't help most gaming info sites are basing it with SSB's idea judging the roster's choices.

Oh, and accusing people of being Nintendo fanboys is begging to close this thread.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Also CharizardChampion#06 I'll give you that for calling me out lol but I never said the game would be better than Melee or 64.
Well, if you think those two games are better than Brawl, that is your opinion, but (not saying you do or do not know this) I hope you know that a sequel that implemented a new optional feature that didn't go over well does not make it an inferior game.

I heard the rumors before, and I guess I'm fine with it, but I am not compelled to buy it. I liked Smash Bros. because it had a Nintendo scheme (and Kirby can trace all of the characters). I'm not much of a fighting game fan otherwise, as I didn't care for Soul Calibur 2 that much (though it was a pretty good game).

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Also, if this game does become real, it having online would have a MAJOR advantage than the next Super Smash Bros on the Wii U and 3DS shi!TTY online (hey, if Xbox and Nintendo fanboys are saying that the PS4 will suck because of one mistake Sony did in 2006, then I definitely will imply that to Nintendo's half-arsed, non-playable online service)

It's nice to know that unbased claims and flagrant fanboyism can lead to even more fanboyism. Although considering some of your previous posts I'm not really surprised.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Also, comparing this game to Brawl is kind of unfair since Brawl came out like three years ago. Worse yet, there's absolutely nothing to say about Title Fight yet because we haven't even seen a milisecond of actual gameplay.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Also, if this game does become real, it having online would have a MAJOR advantage than the next Super Smash Bros on the Wii U and 3DS shi!TTY online (hey, if Xbox and Nintendo fanboys are saying that the PS4 will suck because of one mistake Sony did in 2006, then I definitely will imply that to Nintendo's half-arsed, non-playable online service)
Online does not make the fighting game. I enjoy playing with my best friend when we meet, and I was able to fight my online friends and get beat by them. It isn't stellar internet, but if you were playing with a friend, it works well enough. Also, you could do a few random battles, but those aren't as much fun.

It's nice to know that unbased claims and flagrant fanboyism can lead to even more fanboyism. Although considering some of your previous posts I'm not really surprised.
I'm kind of a fanboy (of Nintendo), and I do agree that the online of Nintendo is subpar. However, I don't hate other systems for what they are. Although Iphones are crappy as gaming systems.

Also, comparing this game to Brawl is kind of unfair since Brawl came out like three years ago. Worse yet, there's absolutely nothing to say about Title Fight yet because we haven't even seen a milisecond of actual gameplay.
If and when the game comes out, if we consider all of the elements, I think it would be reasonable enough to say which one is better. One of the big things though is that devoted Nintendo fans will most likely love Brawl more than Title Fight, and vise versa for devoted Sony fans.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I hope it's similar to SSB in terms of being a fighting game, but not a duplicate of the games themselves. Sony has already shown they can copy Nintendo

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
If and when the game comes out, if we consider all of the elements, I think it would be reasonable enough to say which one is better. One of the big things though is that devoted Nintendo fans will most likely love Brawl more than Title Fight, and vise versa for devoted Sony fans.

It'd be more reasonable to have the next SSB, but... Oh, screw it. People like comparing current gen consoles with each other better. In all honesty, I wish Sony good luck without making another mistake like their Jak/Sly/Ratchet crossover.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Spike from Ape Escape will be enough to get me on board.

That also would hit Klonoa pretty badly.

Klonoa is and always has been owned by Namco. The first game was the one the series was most known for, but starting with the second game (Moonlight Museum) the series started jumping platforms. He has more games not on on Sony platforms then on it.