• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Title Fight" - Sony's version of Super Smash Bros. (Rumor, Unconfirmed)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
In the past 30 days, rumors have been circulating about Sony developing an equivalent of Nintendo's popular Super Smash Bros. franchise. PaulGaleNetwork first revealed small tidbits about this game back in October, and then elaborated on some points two weeks later, with some info on a character lineup, and how the characters' "special abilities" would be implemented. Since then, other media outlets have started to disclose information they have gathered on this title; Superbot Entertainment revealed recently that it was in charge of designing a "combat-heavy multiplayer title for the PS3," and Chris Molina, a level designer for the aforementioned company, posted details and pictures (of Sweet Tooth, and coding for Kratos) about Title Fight on his Twitter account; they were removed shortly after.

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Sony-Smash-2-358x600.jpg

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Sony-Smash-3-600x358.jpg

Also, the "Michael" trailer has been labeled as the teaser trailer for this title.

If anything, such a multiplayer title would go hand-in-hand with the "Long Live Play" campaign Sony's been going with as of late. But regardless, this is still unconfirmed at the moment, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
What is going on in the second picture? Since it looks like what happens when you beat a game of solitaire on an older Windows PC.

Sweet Tooth, though? I'm okay with this. Parappa the Rappa? Oh god yes.

"Title Fight," though? I can't tell if that's a good pun or a really really tremendously crappy one.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The second picture is incomplete beta coding, it looks like. The important details in that picture are in the text at the bottom though; one of the lines has "Sweet Tooth" and "Kratos" performing actions against one another.

"Title Fight" is the tentative title right now, and it may change.

"Title Fight" is the tentative title right now, and it may change.

Regardless, "Title Fight" will probably stick to it for at least a while. It seems like it'd be an amusing title for a game, but the pun feels like it may be missed. (A fight between characters from various titles... Oh, man, is that awful. In a good-ish way.)

Needs moar Jak/Daxter or Ratchet/Clank.

Especially Ratchet/Clank. Though, depending on what gear they're outfitted with, I could see them being tough to balance. Certainly there won't be any RYNOs, but at least one of the rocket launchers seems a bit reasonable. I'm a fan of the classics, so I'd personally prefer the Devastator if any of the

why am i getting into that yet

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Regardless, "Title Fight" will probably stick to it for at least a while. It seems like it'd be an amusing title for a game, but the pun feels like it may be missed. (A fight between characters from various titles... Oh, man, is that awful. In a good-ish way.)

Especially Ratchet/Clank. Though, depending on what gear they're outfitted with, I could see them being tough to balance. Certainly there won't be any RYNOs, but at least one of the rocket launchers seems a bit reasonable. I'm a fan of the classics, so I'd personally prefer the Devastator if any of the

why am i getting into that yet
Wanna-be final smash for Ratchet maybe? RYNO blast?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
So a Sony version of Super Smash Bros. Isn't there anything that Sony won't copy from Nintendo?

Anyway I wouldn't mind seeing this proving the game play is good and the character that I like are in the game.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
So a Sony version of Super Smash Bros. Isn't there anything that Sony won't copy from Nintendo?

We don't know anything about the gameplay, and Nintendo didn't invent the cross-over fighting game, and that's the main similarity so far.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
We don't know anything about the gameplay, and Nintendo didn't invent the cross-over fighting game, and that's the main similarity so far.

Yeah I kinda knew that. But if I didn't mention it, someone would.

Even though we have no idea what the game play there is no way it will good as Smash Bros.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Yeah I kinda knew that. But if I didn't mention it, someone would.

Even though we have no idea what the game play there is no way it will good as Smash Bros.

Geez talk about a Nintendo fanboy waltzing in here like that. Dunno if you are trolling or not.

If Sony's "Title fight" game has a stable online multiplayer it will already be loads better than Brawl by a landslide.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

Their online services for one.

Y'know, assuming you weren't actually trying to make that a double negative.

Fanboy ignorance at it's finest folks.

Geez talk about a Nintendo fanboy waltzing in here like that. Dunno if you are trolling or not.

If Sony's "Title fight" game has a stable online multiplayer it will already be loads better than Brawl by a landslide.

And then the pot called the kettle black.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Honestly, I'll need to see the roster before I even get interested in this. A crossover fighting game is only as good as its roster, after all.

Speaking of which, I hope Sony goes all out and gets third parties in on this. Unlike Nintendo which can and currently is surviving solely on first and second party games, Sony probably wouldn't be here today without third party games. Could be interesting.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Honestly, I'll need to see the roster before I even get interested in this. A crossover fighting game is only as good as its roster, after all.

Speaking of which, I hope Sony goes all out and gets third parties in on this. Unlike Nintendo which can and currently is surviving solely on first and second party games, Sony probably wouldn't be here today without third party games. Could be interesting.

A full list of IPs/franchises/etc. Sony owns:

Ape Escape
Arc the Lad
Buzz!
Calling All Cars!
Carnival Island
Colony Wars
Cool Boarders
Dark Cloud
Dark Mist
Demon's Souls
Dead Nation
Destruction Derby
Discworld
Dog's Life
Downhill Domination
Dropship: United Peace Force
Eight Days
Extermination
EyePet
EyeToy
FantaVision
Folklore
Fat Princess
Gangs of London
Genji
Getaway, The
Ghosthunter
Gran Turismo
God of War
G-Police
Hardware
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf
Ico
inFamous
Intelligent Qube
Invizimals
Jak and Daxter
Jeanne d'Arc
Jet Moto
Jumping Flash!
Killzone
Kinetica
Kung Fu Rider
Lair
Last Guardian, The
Legend of Dragoon, The
Legend of Legaia
Lemmings
LittleBigPlanet
LocoRoco
MAG
Mark of Kri, The
MediEvil
Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest
ModNation Racers
Motor Toon Grand Prix
MotorStorm
Okage: Shadow King
PaRappa the Rapper
Patapon
PixelJunk
PlayStation Move Heroes
PoPoLoCrois
Primal
Pursuit Force
Rally Cross
Ratchet & Clank
Rise of the Kasai
Resistance
Rogue Galaxy
Ruin
Shadow of the Colossus
SingStar
Siren
Sly Cooper
Sports Champions
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs
Sorcery
Syphon Filter
The Fight: Lights Out
The Shoot
Tourist Trophy
Twisted Metal
Uncharted
UmJammer Lammy
Warhawk
War of the Monsters
White Knight Chronicles
Wild Arms
Wipeout

Of these, God of War, Parappa the Rapper, and Twisted Metal representatives are already slated for use in the game. There is a solid chance Uncharted, InFamous, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, and Jak and Daxter reps will be used, as well as maybe Metal Gear due to ties between Konami and Sony. Fat Princess and Little Big Planet may also be used, particularly the latter due to a stage from that series being developed. There's also the possibility of a Demon Souls rep being used.

True, Sony owes a lot to 3rd party support. But Sony has a wide list of franchises to use for characters, stages, etc. Title Fight is projected to have 20 characters in the game, so it's not a demanding number to the point 3rd party characters have to make a significant portion of that list.