• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

TMNT (Brawl Developers)

Alzi

Toon link
TMNT (ex-Smash Bros Developers)

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/937/937647p1.html IGN internet article for the game.

Well firstly, why there is no thread on this i don't know. This is a TMNT game that is coming to the wii as stated in the nintendo power. The brawl developers will be working on this game but not much is known on how much of the brawl team is actually involved in the game.

The development of this game began in january which was the same month when Super Smash Brothers Brawl finished in Japan.

Heres a Scan out for it.

"To kick off our big 2009 preview special, we've got an exclusive sneak peek at a game that's so early it hasn't even been named yet! For now we'll just call it TMNT. A new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game is always worth at least a raised eyebrow (despite the, er mixed results of the foursome's last several titles), but when it's a four-player fighting game made by some of the folks who worked on Super Smash Bros. Brawl and former members of Tecmo's famed Team Ninja (who worked on the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive Series), then we're looking at one of the most exiting stories of the year."

Post from the Giant Bomb's and IGN's boards say:

-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fighter
-More graphically detailed than Brawl
-A darker graphical theme, while still keeping the TMNT feel. It was stressed that the game isn't based off any iteration of TMNT specifically.
-Smash Bros. perspective.
-You die by falling off the screen, but have a health bar instead of a %.
-Can pull off ninja moves, like running up walls.
-2 Control schemes confirmed: Wiimote, Mote+chuk.
-Motion controls utilized, but not for basic attacks.
-Stages look great and have a lot of interactive areas (Electric fences, etc.)
-Story mode, possibly similar to Subspace Emissary, written by TMNT cocreater.
-4 Player online, "working hard to deliver a smooth online experience free of the issues that hindered Brawl."
-September 09.
- I can definitely confirm the visuals. They're very pretty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-published by Ubisoft
-official development started Jan. 2008
-concept started Oct. 2007
-to be released in Sept. 2009
-2.5D Fighter
-Interactive Stages
-4 player versus
-Story Mode
-Battle Royal
-Tournament
-Winner Stays
-Loser Stays
-Practice
-Unlockable Characters
-Unlockable Stages
-Online aspects said to be better than Brawl implementation
-Each character is color coded with glowing effect to make 4-player battles easy to follow

This was stated by the Ubisoft producer:
“While this is a licensed game, it’s not tied to any movie or TV show…for this game to succeed on its own it needs to be a great game.”

Looks like a great game even if i'm not into TMNT but it's going to be somthing like brawl expect not an exact rip of from it.

tmnt-3.jpg

Last edited:

BCVM22

"Some of the folks who worked on Super Smash Bros. Brawl" is as it sounds. That does not equate to "the Brawl development team."

Dattebayo

Banned
Wohoo, a new TMNT game. I've been ahuge Turtle fan since I was a young. I hope it succeeds as I haven't played a good TMNT game since Turtles in Time for the SNES.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Haha. I would die from a nostalgia induced hemorrhage had Leo been in Brawl. I do hope the Brawl team members can turn the franchise around.

Rave

Banned
I like information about a game with no internet article links at all.

Because this thread is very informative.

cascade88

< go ask alice >
I'd totally play this. So apparently, I have a new game to look forward to now, assuming it's handled well by it's developers.

Rave

Banned
THE SOURCE said:
Without being based on any specific release (movie, television show, or otherwise) the game will need to stand on its own merits, so Ubisoft has built a team up of ex-Smash Bros. and Team Ninja developers to tackle the task, with the team starting concept work in October of 2007, and full-on development in January of this year.

Yeah... BRAWL developers.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Four player, vaguely Smash Bros-esque game with Ninja Turtles.

Yeah... I'm all over this game.

Even more pleasing is the lack of ties to any particular iteration of the series.

I'm kind of waiting to see if any of the characters end up as quasi-clones of Smash Bros. guys. If anyone ends up with half of Falcon's moveset, I've got a main.

If not, even better. Creativity ftw.

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
I'm really intrested in this:

I'm just wondering how the stages since they have to be something like a floating stage so you could fall off or will they be stages on top of skyscrapers where you can push them off.

BCVM22

I'm kind of waiting to see if any of the characters end up as quasi-clones of Smash Bros. guys. If anyone ends up with half of Falcon's moveset, I've got a main.

I really think people are vastly overestimating what resemblance, if any, this game will have to Smash Bros. and how much of that actual influence the former Brawl development team members will bring.

The answer, unless the game actually ends up proving me wrong, is "not that much."

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
I really think people are vastly overestimating what resemblance, if any, this game will have to Smash Bros. and how much of that actual influence the former Brawl development team members will bring.

The answer, unless the game actually ends up proving me wrong, is "not that much."

That's why I worded it the way I did--I'm waiting to see how it turns out and nothing more, more out of curiosity than anything else.

Since the style of Smash Bros was originally designed to play with generic, non-Nintendo characters to begin with, I'm also curious about whether any of our current fighters relate to those in the original "Dragon King: The Fighting Game," especially those that had never fought before Smash Bros., like the Cap'n.

Worst name ever, btw.

Anyway, if it's a 2.5D fighter with a Smash-like perspective with four players and death by falling off the stage with part of the Smash team on development, I think it's safe to say that the game will resemble Smash Bros. to a significant degree. The character design is of course another story, but I'm interested in seeing how they fight.

EDIT: forgot about this earlier...
I'm really intrested in this:

I'm just wondering how the stages since they have to be something like a floating stage so you could fall off or will they be stages on top of skyscrapers where you can push them off.

I'm curious about that as well, but I'm assuming there will be a decent variety, considering that you'll be able to run up walls and such.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Uh huh.

$10 says this game comes out and anyone who actually remembers "hey Brawl people worked on this" reacts with "Brawl people worked on this? Seriously?" The law of averages says somewhere along the way, someone has to produce a good licensed fighting game, but that doesn't do much for the chances of this being it.

Rave

Banned
If this pops out of the womb looking like anything but a Smash Bros.-esque game, I'm disowning it.

O:

Look at the good news, you're not the father.

[img139]http://www.q45.org/uploads/Maury_Povich__You_Are_Not_the_Father.gif[/img139]

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
BCVM22 does have a point.

The Brawl people who are working on this I doubt are the likes of Sakurai, Nomura, and all those other guys.

It's most likely "Joe Nozimura who bought us donuts one day"...and other minor people who helped work on minor bits of the game like modeling, and putting it toghether. I don't think any of the big brains will be invovled in this.

Alzi

Toon link
"by some of the folks who worked on Super Smash Bros. Brawl"

It most likley sounds that only a few people who worked on minor things in the Brawl will be in this new TMNT game. As BCVM22 was saying.