• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

To Aru Majutsu no Index Shippings Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
[img139]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1499/01b.jpg[/img139] [img139]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6336/gc04.png[/img139] [img139]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7797/projectv3.png[/img139]​

WARNING: This place is SPOILER HEAVY. You have been warned.
(because I don't like to put spoilers and possibly whatever spoilers are out there is considered common knowledge to hardcore TAMNI fans)

What is to be discussed here?
To Aru Majutsu no Index (light novel, manga, anime)
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (side story of TAMNI Light novels, a manga adapted to its own anime)

About the series:
(From Wikipedia): To Aru Majutsu no Index (とある魔術の禁書目録(インデックス) is a Japanese light novel series written by Kazuma Kamachi and illustrated by Kiyotaka Haimura. Set in a city of scientifically advanced superhuman students, but in a world where magic is also real. Tōma Kamijo's right hand, the Imagine Breaker, will negate all magic, psychic, or divine powers, as well as his own luck. One day he finds a young girl hanging on his balcony railing. She turns out to be a nun from the Church of England, and her mind has been implanted with the Index Librorum Prohibitorum—all the magical texts the Church has removed from circulation. His encounter with her would lead him to meet others from the secret world of science and magic and an adventure with his friends where Science and Magic collide.

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (とある科学の超電磁砲(レールガン) is a side-story of TAMNI focusing on Misaka Mikoto and Shirai Kuroko and the events that happen before and during the timeline of the light novels.

Rules:
1. The SPPf Rules. Yeah, I know you're aware of it by now.
2. The usual no bashing, flaming and other crap. If you don't like the pairing, don't talk about it unless you discuss it intelligently. If not, try to avoid creating conflict.
3. If you still insist on spoilers, fine with me, anything that isn't in the anime yet and hasn't been translated yet might be considered spoilers.
4. Credit whatever fanart you find to its actual site, not Google or Photobucket. Anything you think is above PG-13 should be placed in a spoiler.
5. Have fun and discuss away~

Topics:

For the creation of this place, our first topic... which is the usual question so we can see what pairings everyone likes...

What are your favorite pairs in the series and why?

I'll post details later when I force some people I know to post, but mine are: ToumaxIndex, ToumaxMikoto, MikotoxKuroko (OTP), IndexxKazakiri, AcceleratorxLast Order, KaorixIndex, UiharuxSaten... and that's it. XP

Last edited:
Hell yeah, you opened this at last!! >D

To Aru Majutsu No Index looks like a really cool series, and I'm intending to watch it soon. However, I still have a couple of favorite Ships with my slim knowledge of it as of now. As such, I'll be posting now. XD

Kaori & Index. The backstory has it that Kaori protected Index like her younger sister, and she's sad that Index doesn't remembers such a thing. That's really sweet. Kaori is just a big hot woman acting tough, but with a very soft heart ~ That makes her even more appealing. Plus, Index is pretty cute, and this fits one of my favorite Yuri archetypes to boot!

Mikoto & Kuroko. Mostly because Avie is all over it, but also because it's painfully obvious. Kuroko does everything she can to get Mikoto on a pleasant situation, if you know what I mean. She's done things like trying to see her panties and grope her in the shower. Kuroko really, really loves Mikoto. She even wants not one, but one hundred and eight of Mikoto's clones for her. I wonder what would she do with so many clones. :D

Uiharu & Saten. Another obvious one I saw in the Manga I checked. Saten really likes the cute Uiharu. She even embarrasses Uiharu with the boys so she can have her only for herself. >D Also, several skirt-lifting antics. XD

Kuroko & Uiharu. Avie showed me a bit with this one. Kuroko saves Uiharu, and she's very happy about it. Both look so cute together as well ~ <3

I think more will come as I delve into the series. 8D

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Yes indeed I have~ >D

Now then, time for me to explain the pairings I listed above...

Touma x Index - one of my reasons for pairing this up is because this is the only chance that Kuroko can have Mikoto for herself, but hey, it's actually cute. Touma helps Index a lot and even if both of them argue a lot, they still get along pretty well... it makes you wonder what bond these two have... ;x (or the fact that Touma can actually attract a lot of girls without him realizing *bricked*)

Touma x Mikoto - I personally find this cute, especially if Touma's the guy that can break Mikoto's somehow tomboyish personality and make her girly... XD Well, yeah, this doujin I've read involving them made me like this pairing somehow... ;x

Mikoto x Kuroko - If you haven't seen my posts in the Yuri thread, well, this is my personal favorite (in other words OTP) Mikoto pairing. Yep, of all the girls I've seen in the series, Kuroko is the only one that will do whatever it takes so that she could get Mikoto's attention. From teleporting Mikoto's shorts and bra and teleporting to the shower stall where Mikoto is, yeah, she's a pervert, as Touma says. XP As for Mikoto, there are instances where she's in denial of Kuroko's antics but there are a few times where she actually likes them... ;x

Index x Kazakiri Hyouka - I started loving this pairing when I saw how Kazakiri and Index were having so much fun together, especially when Index and Kazakiri met for the first time and they got along so quickly.

Accelerator x Last Order - pedo pairing that I like, when I saw the episode involving Last Order, despite what Accelerator did to her "sisters", Last Order still talks to Accelerator like nothing has happened and Accelerator seems to be starting to soften up because of her... *bricked*

Kaori x Index - I find this pairing cute, especially when I learned about how Kaori and Index got along so well, almost like sisters until Index's memories were wiped cause of a reason that isn't even true. Maybe if Index could remember all those events, she wouldn't even be with Touma... >D

Uiharu x Saten - This is more of from the Railgun, but we can see how Saten wants Uiharu badly... from skirt flipping to even taking care of Uiharu while Uiharu had a fever (and even attempting on raping cleaning Uiharu in sensitive parts), this is actually another favorite ship of mine in the Railgun manga... >D

Fanart time~

[img139]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/448/929824m.jpg[/img139]

Link: http://yanaya.at-ninja.jp/ (I see the artist that I love on Pivix has his own website, and it's comfrimed that he's a he... XD)

Kinky Ships Avie. I think I should get into a few more once I start watching the series. >D

Now, I'll post a Manga fragment. This is from Railgun, and is a moment between Uiharu and Saten. As I said, Saten enjoys lifting Uiharu's skirt. XD

Clicky.

The pic is big, so this should do better. In any case, this is quite funny and lovely! Saten is very enthusiastic, but poor Uiharu ends very embarrassed, especially with how guys can see what's below her skirt. I bet she's too sweet to beat down Saten for that, or she doesn't wants to do it. X3

More will come in time. XP

taitofan

Stalker!
*cracks knuckles* Mind you, this is all coming from the manga only at this point. I'm sure there will be more once I get around to the anime.

Mikoto x Kuroko: I'm not sure if i'd call it my OTP, but it is the ship I like the most so far. Kuroko is such a spazz and a perv, but she really cares about Mikoto, as you can plainly see in the Railgun manga when she tries to keep her out of dangerous things Judgment is dealing with.. All the spazzing over indirect kisses is cute too. And the shower scene, oh yes~ I really do hope Mikoto comes to return her feelings.

Kazari x Ruriko: The skirt-flipping, the flu-scene, and especailly right before Ruriko passes out and they're talking on their cellphones. Everyone is staring at Kazari like she's crazy as she's crying, but she just keeps assuring Ruriko she'll find a way to wake her up. Oh man, so sweet.

Touma x Index
: I dunno, I just like this a lot more than him and Mikoto, even if it's not as popular. Even after his mind is wiped, he lets her stay and doesn't want to make her sad. She even hangs around his hospital bed twice. She clearly loves him.

Touma x Misaka: ...10032 I think. The one he saves from Accelerator. She has the memories of the one before with the kitten and juice escapades, as it was pretty sweet when she was thinking about him. The hospital scene after the fight was pretty funny too. X3

Kaori x Index: The flashbacks clinched it. She cares about Index so much that she tells Stiyl to wait a few minutes for Touma, and she really wants Touma to find something. It was so sad watching them during the flashback...it really was.

Stiyl x Touma: ...I'm the type to read way too much into banter. Their fight was far too much fun for me to read.

Accelerator x Touma: *cough* Well...same as above in principle. The reading too much into things part. I think it's a habit I've picked up from shounen anime where defeat = friendship and I take it to higher levels even if nothing canonically happens. Yep. Really, you're probably better off not asking on this one. ;P

Again, I haven't read the light novels or read the anime, so while there's one more ship I like, I won't talk about it till I have more than "it's cute." ;P

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Yaay, Alicia posted... >D Looks like I've been getting a lot of people into TAMNI despite me blaming Julia and Trisha for getting me into this... 8D The light novels... unless you know kanji very well, it might be difficult to deciper... I don't think it give the hiragana equivalent of said kanji in the light novels, and the translations for it is going quite slowly at baka tsuki... so yeah... I stick with the anime and the manga... *bricked*

Yep it's Misaka 10032, the one Touma saves, and lawlz, the scene after that is indeed funny. Touma thinks he's unlucky cause he can't feel Misaka's you-know-whats while they were at the hospital. XP Misaka doesn't seem to care, man what did those scientists put into their brains? xD;

The anime is quite fast paced in a way, and is not even half of the light novels, so I'm hoping for another season of it, and more shippings involving it... 8D I am not sure, but there might be some ToumaxAccelerator interaction somewhere hidden in the light novels, I dunno... but yeah... xD;

Kuroko is awesome, and knows her way around Mikoto, hence it became my OTP... <3 *bricked*

Fanart posting time... >D (I also posted this @ the yuri thread... so *bricked*)

[img139]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/563/1557083m.jpg[/img139]
Link: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=147202

Here's something unusual, though it can be considered acceptable if going back to Kuroko and Kazari's history before they got involved in Judgement... xD; But it seems that Kuroko wants Mikoto and Saten wants Uiharu... *le flee*

Well, I've watched the series, which means it's time to post the other Ships I could notice. >D

Touma & MISAKA. Hell yes! This one has the reasoning that Touma was much more pervy with the ImoutosSisters he interacted with than with any other girl in the entire series. He blatantly stares at MISAKA's panties in front, with full intent, and full desire, while they're in plain sight. And then we have the end of the Arc, where he looks his hand is on MISAKA's breasts, and he screams his catch phrase when he realizes he can't feel at all due to the anesthesia. This gives me the impression Touma really wanted MISAKA. More than Index, or the real deal. Then again, you can't really blame him. Coming across girls that paste their panties on your face and put your hands on their breasts, and don't react negatively to any of it, at least in the way other girls do... yeah. XP Not to mention the take of Rule 34 on this Ship.

Index & Hyouka. In spite of its sad ending, this Ship had huge potential, especially with how Hyouka really wanted to be alive and have a true friend. A friend she found in Index. Their hug in the last episode, and their talk afterwards solidified it for me. Not to mention how Index looked upon Hyouka in a way similar to how she looks at Touma. Plus, the body contrast makes this hot as hell. :D

Index & Mikoto. Pure Foe Yay. The girls have some epic bickering in the last Arc, but then we see they could get along under the right circumstances. In the end, they should leave Touma with the Sisters and turn their differences into Slap Slap Kiss sessions. *Nuked*

Accelerator & Last Order. This ship is incredible, since it single-handedly redeemed a character I saw beyond repair. Now I think Accelerator is awesome only for the fact he went out of his way to save Last Order. Plus, she's truly adorable and sticks with the guy even knowing what he did. Too lovely to not like it!

Kaori & everyone. Because Kaori makes every Shipping sexy all by herself.

Touma & everyone. Because Touma kicks serious behind and every girl clearly wants him.

The Ships above are no joke, by the way. But still. XP

After watching, I'm also completely for Mikoto & Kuroko. Biribiri doesn't minds all of Kuroko's sexual harassing in the end, and clearly cares for her a whole lot too. If her smile after getting back to the dorms and being Yuriglomped by Kuroko, and also Kuroko being saved by Oneesama in the last arc and her going to lengths to make Kuroko feel better after the shock aren't blatant proof of the mutual love between these girls, I don't know what is ~ <3

More will come once someone else posts and once I find some more names. XP

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Haha, yeah, now you know why I love Mikoto x Kuroko so much... it has so many canon hints in the series... ;x

Damn manga, now I may start supporting MISAKA 10032 x Touma... I mean, she really doesn't care about Touma perving over her chest... and she knows Touma wants it... xD;;

And I'm starting to like MISAKA 10032 x Mikoto Misaka... twincest sort of... well, for now I see it as sibling love, imagine Mikoto with so many siblings... xD;; Even if they are just cloned, they are still from her DNA... and Mikoto cares too much for them~ <3

BrendanRuby

kthnxwtf?
Hi people - I'm the ghost of 2006. No, just joking. But yeah, I was here on Serebii a long time ago... and went on hiatus. But I'm back at least.

And if you ask me, on my favourite shipping, I'd gladly say Touma and all the girls. Orion 'ed it, but I ain't. Because it's hot. No, really. But of course, that'd be a harem, and thus, a h-game material. Unless, you manage to go down the "Myself; Yourself" route. Which is actually OK.

Truth time - I think Misaka and Index is cool too. For some reason. I dunno why.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Lawlz, this thread is dead but oh well... whatever happened to those rules, I dunno, this section is dead in general and only 2 to 3 threads are active.

But me thinks the reason for Mikoto x Index being hawt is cause of the official artwork. The TAMNI Archives 1 has both Mikoto and Index together... seducing... :p Yes, the official artist for the light novels (Kiyotaka Haimura) even has an artwork of the two of them together on his Pixiv account... if you want the link, here it is. Of course, you need to register first to see it fully... xD;;

FrostCrusher

Here's a list of mine:

Touma x Mikoto (KamiKoto, OTP) Reasons are pretty much endless. Main problem is that Touma doesn't seem to appreciate her feelings as much. 2nd season of Index would have quite a bit of KamiKoto. Pretty strong, in my opinion (especially as the typical Takahashi couple). She at first denies her feelings (her tsuntsun towards Touma) and then gets over it (by letting him do his thing) by volume 16, leading her to hijack a plane (so she doesn't want to 'lose' Touma) in volume 20. The most developed pairing by now.

Touma x Itsuwa This is okay as well, this is probably my second. Main love interest on the magic side. This isn't as developed as KamiKoto, but I still like it.

Touma x MISAKA 10032 Third.

Rikou Takitsubo x Shiage Hamazura

Stiyl x Index

Accelerator x Last Order

Touma x Trapcelerator (Yuriko Suzushina)- this is literally a crack pairing. Came from Touma's assumption that Accelerator's name had five characters (two for surname, three for given name), which led Touma to think that Accelerator is a girl and Suzushina Yuriko was his name.

karczx

Sorry, I'm a pure KamiKoto shipper. It's my OTP.
On another note, change that.

Imagine Breaker x Mental Out

[IMG200]http://i35.mangareader.net/to-aru-kagaku-no-choudenjibou/47/to-aru-kagaku-no-choudenjibou-3044743.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://i19.mangareader.net/to-aru-kagaku-no-choudenjibou/47/to-aru-kagaku-no-choudenjibou-3044745.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://i27.mangareader.net/to-aru-kagaku-no-choudenjibou/47/to-aru-kagaku-no-choudenjibou-3044747.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://i28.mangareader.net/to-aru-kagaku-no-choudenjibou/47/to-aru-kagaku-no-choudenjibou-3044749.jpg[/IMG200]
I love it how she grabs him by the arm and the first time he sees her he stares at her breasts. Also she knows his name off the bat.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=19442708
[IMG200]http://i2.pixiv.net/img26/img/shuffle777/19442708_m.png[/IMG200]
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=19626084
[IMG200]http://i2.pixiv.net/img08/img/kasumiuduki/19626084_m.jpg[/IMG200]
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=22071376
[IMG200]http://i2.pixiv.net/img26/img/shuffle777/22071376_m.png[/IMG200]
Touma x Misaki ww

Also they're both childhood friends according to this quote:
>Touma: If I told you this was magic, you wouldn't understand.
>Misaki: Oh? Saying that at a time like this is certainly a lot like you. Althought I am more annoyed than impressed.
>Touma: What? Have you seen magic before?
>Misaki: I don't know anything about that. But I have a reasion to trust what you say that has nothing to do with that cheap nonsense.
>Touma: What do you mean? Have we met before by any chance?
>Misaki: If you are referring to a side event during the Daihaseisai, you are way off. You are always like this. That may be the proper form for our relationship ability. No matter how many times I ask or pass by, the answer is always the same. If I say this, you may get angry just like that one time, but that may just be what I get for having this power. After all, there is no logical way to explain these repeated coincidences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.