• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"To Be Continued..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
This might strike y'all as a very peculiar question, but I've gotta be honest here: What do you think when you see the text "To Be Continued" at the end of episode episode.

Normally, these words are used to leave us in suspense, and ponder what's going to happen next. "To Be Continued" has been addressed in over 700+ episodes of the Pokemon anime. When I feel no suspsense at what's coming up next, the words lose the meaning. That's my own opinion though. Even when there's a huge Part 2-3 arc going on in the anime, "TBC" fits that moment. Unfortunately, when I do have a peak at what's to come (thanks to the internet), the less I feel suspenseful.

Some other questions to think about:

Do you also think the people running this show want us to be in suspense after every single episode? Do these words even affect you when watching the show? How about when other TV shows use this text; is it more appealing when they dont' use "TBC" as often?

It sure does get my attention when other TV shows pull out the infamous TBC at times.

Now let's check out the alternative text of the show: "Next Time... A New Beginning!". The animators add this after every generation finale. These words did appeal to me when viewing the finale of AG and DP. As for BW, it was more underwhelming (since BW and BW2 were split into parts).

Attachments

• tumblr_mcu7usv3qD1ryxo9ko1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mcu7usv3qD1ryxo9ko1_400.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 24

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't think it's supposed to be suspenseful, really, although I do agree it's lost its meaning, but for a different reason: It keeps going on and on.

*=Pichu=*

I love the Internet!
I think it's good, it kinda like gets you ready for the next episode.

sandy ketchum

Its one of the things that stays the same since the beginning.
its just a way of telling you there is still another episode coming up.

Blessed

It's been happening since the get-go. It doesn't mean anything now to be honest unless the ending of an episode ends in a suspenseful way.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
This started since the beginning, Just letting you know of a new episode

fitzy909

Just another guy
it's basically just telling you that there is going to be another episode. it's fairly pointless i have to say, but they have used it for so long i think that everyone is used to it.

*=Pichu=*

I love the Internet!
I wonder if in the very last episode EVER, there will be "The End"?

That would be sad :(

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
TBH Unless it is a suspense episode that leads into the other I never notice it for some reason.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I don't think it's supposed to be suspenseful, really, although I do agree it's lost its meaning, but for a different reason: It keeps going on and on.

Basically what I was about to say.

Once again, I agree. :D

adamfitz

poké-lover
It has started from the get go
But I do feel the suspension in some episodes
For example those few episodes with meloetta and the trio along with TR

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
It means that Ash's adventure continues after the current episode, even if the current episode's plot is complete. I like it. I will admit that the phrase would make more since if the episodes were a bit more connected. The show doesn't need a plot arc for that to happen; just introduce the next episode's complication at the end of the current episode. That worked for Lost in Space.

Canada

Banned

I remember you, you're that guy who was sigged by Street Comedy.

I think it's good

I think it's good

------------------

Anyway, why are we supposed to care? The To Be Continued is there because the next episode continues off it. Doesn't matter if it's there 700 times. >_>

P-body

Aperture TestSubject
It's in the end of every episode besides the season finale one. It basically means Ash's adventures continue in the next episode. :p

I'd agree with that. It'd be like beating a Pokémon game too and never playing it ever again.

fitzy909

Just another guy
i guess it's just to get people interested and 'hoping' something interesting will happen next episode. it makes fillers seem like they really matter as well. i guess if the anime ever finishes it will be replaced by 'the end' and the narrator will say 'as the journey ends' or something similar. however, that will be a long time from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.