• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"To Be Continued..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might strike y'all as a very peculiar question, but I've gotta be honest here: What do you think when you see the text "To Be Continued" at the end of episode episode.

Normally, these words are used to leave us in suspense, and ponder what's going to happen next. "To Be Continued" has been addressed in over 700+ episodes of the Pokemon anime. When I feel no suspsense at what's coming up next, the words lose the meaning. That's my own opinion though. Even when there's a huge Part 2-3 arc going on in the anime, "TBC" fits that moment. Unfortunately, when I do have a peak at what's to come (thanks to the internet), the less I feel suspenseful.

Some other questions to think about:

Do you also think the people running this show want us to be in suspense after every single episode? Do these words even affect you when watching the show? How about when other TV shows use this text; is it more appealing when they dont' use "TBC" as often?

It sure does get my attention when other TV shows pull out the infamous TBC at times.

Now let's check out the alternative text of the show: "Next Time... A New Beginning!". The animators add this after every generation finale. These words did appeal to me when viewing the finale of AG and DP. As for BW, it was more underwhelming (since BW and BW2 were split into parts).

One of the things that usually comes to my mind when I see "To Be Continued" on Pokémon is what would they put there during the last episode. Will they put "The End" or not put anything and end the episode.

I think the writers wants us to stay in suspense but not in the same way other shows want. I think they want people to ponder what the next episode will be. For example, on here, we know the spoilers so when we see the English dub, we know what episodes are coming up and in what order. But for the people that have no spoilers, I am sure the writers want people to ponder whether the next episode will include one of the major villains or rivals of that particular series or when Ash would get to the next Gym and challenge it.

And I agree with you on the last part. "Next Time.... A New Beginning" was more effective for me during the AG and DP finales because we knew Ash was going to a new region and meeting new friends, rivals and enemies.

Hikatoshi26

I have nothing against it because in the original version the narrator always says Su Zu Ku and it sounds cool. So i never get tired of it.

Mew The Gato

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It's certainly lost its meaning to me. It only really has meaning when the plot actually continues, having a string of COTD plots doesn't really feel like much of a continuation when none of what's happening is related.

SlimeStack

It'd be cool if they changed the message at the end of an arc. E.G.

To Be Continued
To Be Continued
Next time...A new adventure!
To Be Continued
To Be Continued
etc etc
Then Next time...A New beginning! at the very end of the saga as usual.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It'd be cool if they changed the message at the end of an arc. E.G.

To Be Continued
To Be Continued
Next time...A new adventure!
To Be Continued
To Be Continued
etc etc
Then Next time...A New beginning! at the very end of the saga as usual.

Those messages are too similar, people would get confused easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.