• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

To be to not to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
That is the question. I was quick-hatching an egg once with a cheat code in ruby. Without any shiny codes on, and it hatched into a shiny cyndaquil. Me and my sister are arguing whether it is a real or cheated shiny. I say it is cheated. She says it isn't. I did the same thing again and I had a normal cyndaquil. (I'd saved my game!) Can anyone resolve this for me, or has someone come across a similar dilemma?

vpoirier000

dexmaster
it is just a normal shiny witch was fast hatched by a hack.

Emerald Metagross

Yup, you cheated for fast hatching, not for the shiny.
So, yes, it's a legit shiny.

Ard

logic says its not cheated since you mentioned yourself that the cheat code wasnt on. stop arguing with your sister and raise that shiny cyndaquil!;p

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
All discussions of cheat devices are banned on Serebii...and that includes "morals" questions like "If I did such and such would that be considered cheating?" It's always a matter of opinion.

Sorry.

-Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.