1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

To Catch a Pokémon Smuggler! (815)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: XY' started by Serebii, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

To Catch a Pokémon Smuggler! (815)

Catch the Pokémon Merchant! Operation: Spewpa Disguise!!

While heading towards Cyllage City, Ash & Co. see a person who sells Pokémon escaping from Officer Jenny. This seller makes his money by capturing and selling the Pokémon, Vivillon, which has different appearances based upon where it was born. Ash & co. decide to help Jenny catch the seller. However, as they get on his trail, Ash finds a Scatterbug that the seller had discarded. Will Ash & co. manage to help stop this bad person?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
  2. playerking

playerking Not in the mood.

The episode starts off with Ash and co. walking along a path and then they begin to feel hungry.

Then, a jeep almost drives into them/past them with a man driving it and a Diggersby next to him in the passenger seat and then Officer Jenny follows him on her Motorcycle with a Manectric in the sidecar.

The driver tells Diggersby to use Mud Shot or Mud Bomb to attack Officer Jenny.

The driver and his Diggersby soon get away and a now open cage is left behind that was in his car, which had a captured Scatterbug in.

Ash and co. then go to a Pokemon center and meet with Nurse Joy, who then explains to them about Vivillon and how they can have different patterns.

The Officer Jenny from earlier then enter the Pokemon center and throws a rope around of Ash's hands, thinking that he is also a bad guy, but he explains himself and she feels sorry.

Ash and co. then sit down at a Pokemon Center booth and Jenny talks about the poacher she chased.

The Scatterbug that they brought with them evolves into a Spewpa.

Clemont then talks about Pokemon evolution and how a Vivillon's patterns can be different and then he mentions how Pikachu can evolve into a Raichu with a Thunderstone.

Clemont presents to the group another one of his inventions which Bonnie doesn't seem to be impressed with.

The invention is some sort of item tracker, that he uses to track the Pokemon poacher.

Ash then dresses up as a Spewpa and tries to fit in the cage from earlier, but he doesn't fit.

Then Dedenne disguises itself as a Spewpa, but she is too small and then Chespin disguises himself as a Spewpa, I think it's Chespin.

Ash and co. then set the bait for the poacher.

Dare Da? Spewpa.

The poacher is driving nearby and spots a Spewpa, which he then takes with him in his car and drives off.

Clemont then begins tracking the chip that Chespin has.

The invention that Clemont made, soon blows up.

Ash brings out Fletchling to help search for the poacher.

Ash then brings out Froakie to sneak into the abandoned building where the poacher is staying.

Ash and co. then try to sneak inside as well, but Bonnie and Clemont get trapped in one of the poachers nets.

The poacher has the Chepin that he recently caught in a cage with it's disguise half off.

The poacher, Daz then brings out his Diggersby.

Ash battles the Diggersby with his Froakie.

Diggersby used Hammer Arm.

The Spewpa from earlier then decides to battle the Diggersby and the Spewpa does a String Shot around the Diggersby.

Spewpa then evolves into a (Elegant Pattern?) Vivillon and then there's a brief Flashback to Viola's Vivillon.

Vivillon then battles Diggersby and wins the battle with Stun Spore.

Jenny then throws a rope around one of Daz's hand and Vivillon puts Daz to sleep with SleepPowdern.

As the sun sets, a bunch of poacher Spewpa then simultaneously evolve into Vivillon and they fly away.

The one that was with Ash and co. says goodbye to them.

To be continued.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  3. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

4. Eievui-Nymphia

Eievui-Nymphia XY, gen of dreams.

Froakie vs Diggersby. But now Swewpa enters. Swewpa uses Protect and String Shot. Diggersby scapes from it. Swewpa evolves into a Vivillon with Purple pattern Vivillon uses protect, now uses Stun Spore and it's defeated. And Jenny caiught the poacher. And Vivillon uses Sleep Powder?

5. The Sea Cucumber

The Sea Cucumber ...or am I?

I was almost expecting this episode to focus on TR, I remember when they did a poacher episode way back in the beginning of Hoenn.

6. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

It used Tackle as a Spewpa as well.. But who cares, the thing flew away. I did doubt myself though as it turned around to face Ash one more time..

It was an okay episode, and I think the first time we had a 'en mass evolution'?

7. Eievui-Nymphia

Eievui-Nymphia XY, gen of dreams.

This episode isn't filler. Reason: Clemont explains evolution in this episode.

8. Umbilical Noose

Umbilical Noose Bonzo Nut

Jenny is one incompetent Police Officer. Well that is realistic somehow.

Overall the episode was just fine. Imo Ash should have used Fletching against Diggersby too but wtv it would have lost anyway.

9. NPT

NPT Well-Known Member

She should be, because mistaking a Pokémon trainer for a poacher is stupid.

Yeah, it does.

Btw, did Team Rocket appear in this episode too?

10. Lucario At Service

No, they didn't appear.

11. NPT

NPT Well-Known Member

Cool! Team Rocket were so annoying in the last episode, so I'm glad they didn't appear in this episode.

12. SerenaForTheWin

SerenaForTheWin Yusarin >_<

well that's good at least they are toning the main villains down from the main characters, at least now we have different villains showing up throughout the episode which makes the series interesting.

13. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

So weird how they didn't appear here, this wasn't that big of an episode. Oh well, enjoyed it :)

14. Lucario At Service

One thing i am happy about is that they didn't change the evolution animation.

Since they changed Iron Tail's animation i was worried that they may change the evolution animation as well.

15. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

...the credits STILL claim Tsuguo Mogami played someone named "Ges".
    Presumably that was Daz' prototype name, and someone forgot to change it in the credits list.

16. Grei

Grei not the color

Ash the butterfly whisperer... seems the writers want him to repeat the Butterfree situation a million times, while keeping Butterfree as the only butterfly he's owned. Ah well.

The first time we had one of those would be when Bulbasaur chose not to evolve. This is nowhere near the first time.

17. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

They finally made people that were worse than TRio. First is the Jenny who shouldn't be allowed to be a policewoman if she can't even stop some random poacher. Second is the guy who lost to a vivillion that evolved a few minutes ago. Lolz

18. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

Looks like a fun and pretty cool episode, but i am truly surprised Ash didn't get the Vivillion, i'm even more surprised that the writers are repeating the farewell Butterfree scene for a third(?) time.

Regardless, another entertaining XY filler.

19. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

So they basically rehashed the butterfree plot yet again? Okay...
    And the writers better not tease pikachu evolving again like that. They also did it in the tower contest episode in bw.