• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

To Catch a Pokémon Smuggler! (815)

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Fine episode. Dolan looking like Wario was funny. The one hilarious moment was when Dolan fainted saying "I give up.

so daz's name got changed as well, well i guess that's the dub for you.
i really wonder where they got the name dolan, i can't think of anything from it.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty good episode. I enjoyed the mass evolution as well as being amused by Dolan's strong resemblance to Wario.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I agree with this-- usually it's just "CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAESSSPINNNN" or "EXXX-CAAAA-DREEEEEEEEEEEEELLL" and any other generic voice you can think to give a Pokemon from PUSA/TPCi, but this was much better than their usual crap.

Anyway, this episode actually kinda sucked, but it could be that I've seen it rehashed so many times now that it's gotten stale more than anything else. Poacher was annoying as crap, IMO.

Froakie's isnt bad either. It is just saying his name, but it sounds uniwue and kind of like a croaking sound a frog makes.

NPT

Just a member
It was kinda funny when Officer Jenny mistook Ash for the Pokémon smugger's helper at the beginning, and later got embarrassed after he explaind the story. She marked the Pokémon smuggler Donal as a thief, which makes sense since it has been established that capturing wild Pokemon with any method other than bonding or with a Pokeball is wrong. Most of the people who catch Pokémon with Pokeballs, usually bond with the Pokémon afterwards.... But that's not the case with Donal. He only saw the Scatterbug and Spewpa as money-making Products. He only cared about selling the Pokémon to money, which a bad reason to capture a Pokémon. Even though he was targeting wild Pokémon, his purpose of catching the wild Pokémon is what caused Officer Jenny to get involved.

I gotta admit, I liked Ash's rather funny explanation of evolution. The writers are doing a good job with handling Ash's personality, so far he seems like a mix between his BW self and his DP self .... which is great.

The English dub of this episode was pretty good. 6 pieces(Title Card, Parfume Palace theme, Kalos Route 4, Come Along XY version, Kalos Wild Pokémon battle theme, Kalos Rival battle theme) of the original japanese music were kept in the dub, which is the most amount of original music TPCI kept since the preview episodes. This time they actually balanced the amount of dub music and original music instead of butchering all the original music, hopefully they'll start keeping more original music in the future. The voice acting and the script was good, but the only thing I didn't like about the dub was the replacement of Ash's line "Let Serena and the others go!" with "Let all my friends go!". I know both lines sounds same, but "Let Serena and the others go" was much better.

Last edited:

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A nice little episode.

Even though it was quite standard for the episode. It was both beautiful and amazing to see the mass evolution of Spewpa into Vivillon and the plethora of colour shown at the end was awe-inspiring.

Also, was it just me or did Dolan sound like eggman from Sonic?

Good episode. Onto the next one!

A nice little episode.

Even though it was quite standard for the episode. It was both beautiful and amazing to see the mass evolution of Spewpa into Vivillon and the plethora of colour shown at the end was awe-inspiring.

Also, was it just me or did Dolan sound like eggman from Sonic?

Good episode. Onto the next one!

I haven't seen the episode, so I'm guess Mick Pollack, the voice of Eggman was him.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I enjoyed this episode. I loved the fact Dolan looked like Wario.
I was a bit disappointed Vivillon didn't want to go with Ash though.

§¤¥Luke¥¤§

Poke-Trainer
I liked this episode.
I thought or sure that Ash would have caught Vivillon.
Why Was it called Vivyon tho?

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
the episode felt like it was leading up to ash catching vivillon!!! ahhh i got mad but great episode vivillon would have been a good friend

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I definitely liked this episode more than the last one. Too bad Diggersby was classified as a Pokemon one can be called an antagonist. Hopefully Clemont's Bunnelby stays cute and good. :p

Seeing the vast amount of Vivillon at the end was breath taking. Since I collected every pattern of the species, I can tell it's beauty is endless. Really wish Ash had caught the Vivillon it used at the end. But oh well.

Acdog

Officer Jenny: Dolan's a Pokemon Smuggler. He steals Pokemon and sells them.

Ash: A Pokemon Smuggler? I've never heard of one of those before...

>Team Rocket
>Pokemon Poacher Brothers WHO STOLE ASH'S LARVITAR EGG
>Poacher in Sinnoh who tried to steal a wild Snorunt
>Hunter J
>Rizzo in Unova who tried to poach Volcarona

Why, Ash? Why?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Officer Jenny: Dolan's a Pokemon Smuggler. He steals Pokemon and sells them.

Ash: A Pokemon Smuggler? I've never heard of one of those before...

>Team Rocket
>Pokemon Poacher Brothers WHO STOLE ASH'S LARVITAR EGG
>Poacher in Sinnoh who tried to steal a wild Snorunt
>Hunter J
>Rizzo in Unova who tried to poach Volcarona

Why, Ash? Why?

i think poacher and smuggler are two different kinds of people.

Acdog

It's annoying when Ash forgets things, but so far he's doing waaaay better in XY than in BW with his memory.

It's annoying when Ash forgets things, but so far he's doing waaaay better in XY than in BW with his memory.

It has nothing to do with hos memory, don't take what the anime says seriously.

zhixun

They pretty much operate the same way though: by snatching Pokemon to sell on the Pokemon world's version of the black market. :x

But at least Daz is not as relentless as J in my opinion. J literally shots to a Pokémon such that they can not move at all but Daz just simply put into a box. J does catch Pokémon that people owns but apparently Daz just find them from the wild I guess.

They do that for the kids who are too young to watch previous seasons. It's silly but it just has to be ignored.

When Ash scanned Koffing last Arc against Roxie, I just :smh:...you're right, but...it's just so frustrating either way.