• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

To Catch a Rotom! (789)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Rotom VS Professor Oak!

Having learned that Professor Oak is to be on a nearby island, Ash & Co. decide to stop by to help him with his research. On the island, they learn it is filled with the Pokémon, Rotom, and Professor Oak is on the island to fully research Rotom's special form changes. As they arrive in the area, they soon find three Rotom and try to see what electricity the Rotom enjoy. However, Rotom soon decides to change its form and starts to cause chaos. Will Professor Oak get what he needs, or will Team Rocket stop him from fulfilling his research?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episodes starts with Ash and co. on the ship, before last weeks Parker comes to talk to them about something. I think it's the same Parker.

Ash and co. see Professor Oak on the island with the townspeople near him. They wave at each other.

Oak says hello to Ash and pats Pikachu. Iris and Cilan introduce themselves to him in person and Iris pushes Cilan out the way to introduce herself.

Team Rocket are watching from inside the Basculin Submarine and are planning something.

Oak talks about Rotom and then Ash shows Iris and Cilan what it is on his Pokedex.

Professor Oak's Lecture during the episode now, about Rotom and its multiple forms.

Team Rocket are outside the Pokemon Center, listening in on them.

The buildings power goes out and some lights start electrocuting and flashing on and off.

The people in the Pokemon Center are quite calm about it.

Nurse Joy and Audino go toward the group and explain what's going on. Apparently, it's a common thing, what the Rotom do.

During a flashback, one Rotom inhabits a Washing machine and turns into the water forme, throwing clothes at a Purrloin.

The Rotom come down on Power lines and provoke Pikachu until Pikachu zaps them and the the Rotom eat his Electricity. They find it tasty.

Oak tries to capture one, but it comes back out. Oak's hair gets electrocuted and gets turned into an afro.

Iris and Axew are a bit embarrassed.

Cilan brings out Stunfisk and makes them zap the Rotom. The Rotom aren't interested in Stunfisk's electricity.

Oak fixes his hair, before Emolga uses her electricity.

They like Emolga's and then Emolga uses Attract.

But the Rotom are genderless.

The Rotom go inhabit appliances and turn into their other forms. They attack Iris and Emolga.

The Rotom notice something and then so do Ash and co.

It's Team Rocket and they do their motto.

Ash gets Pikachu to shock Team Rocket I think, but Team Rocket capture the electricity and give it to the Rotom.

One Rotom gets sucked out of its appliance and is trapped in some sort of case, which Jessie puts Team Rocket's logo on.

The other 2 Rotom go out of their appliances and into other ones.

Something blocked Team Rocket's attack, it's Krookodile, Stunfisk and Excadrill.

Team Rocket get frozen and then blasted, causing them to blast off.

After that, Oak sprays the capture Rotom with some sort of Potion.

Oak captures the Rotom and the others go away. Oak does one of his poems after that.

They all say goodbye.

Oak takes off in a sea plane as Ash and co. say goodbye.

The end.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Why did Ash and the others not get on the plane with Prof. Oak? What was the magical force that stopped them from getting home quicker?

Lol I hate plot holes .__.

Why did Ash and the others not get on the plane with Prof. Oak? What was the magical force that stopped them from getting home quicker?

its not a plot hole. Its part of the adventure. Why get a plane when you can go by boat and explore more islands

Nice, so the professor caught one after all.

Oh and I was right in saying that Excadrill probably would appear with the other ground types, even though the Rotom got credit for the role in the VA list :p

im assuming excadrill didn't speak then

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ovareall this was a really enjoyable Pokémon. I did like how Stunfisk was rejected because it's electricity tasted ground-ish. Seeing Emolga fail all over the place was amusing. I honestly did not expect to see Excadrill. I can definitely see Oak's Rotom being a new Muk. Too bad Ash didn't catch one (I know he has Pikachu). Although i do have a question, was Rotom's part Ghost-type mentioned? I know it's Genderless status was however.

Matsuyamakun

Nice to see Okido Hakase and Satoshi are together after a long time.Ash should have gone with him!

Ash used Krokodile so he is still using rotation.

They like Emolga's and then Emolga uses Attract.

I think the Rotom are all female.

Attract didn't work on Rotom, because they are genderless pokemon.

rocky505

funny how this means oak gets a bio change now, so he has how many pokemon now that we know of?

Rotom and Pidgey are the only canon ones. He also had Dragonite and Charmeleon in Mastermind and M4

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

It's called "going on an adventure."

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
funny how this means oak gets a bio change now, so he has how many pokemon now that we know of?

Funny how there hasnt been a bio change since what July? lol and then oak comes out of nowhere and gets one xD ofc im jk

Seems this episode was pretty enjoyable, cant wait to see Ash and Oak together again (when I do watch it)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Because he isn't tryiong to get home fast, if he was he would take the plane, he is planning on having adventures on the diferent islands.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I see thew pictures of Flib, and Oak did a Live Caster, even with the Japanese logo!!!! How could that be possible? How tyhe dub will deal with it? Because remember that the dub don't air the Live Caster.

Edit: There are two live casters!!! One is for Rotom and the other is Gigalith. Guess what was in the episode.

Last edited: