1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

To Catch a Rotom! (789)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, May 30, 2013.

1. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Finally watched the episode, it was pretty fun.

-Oak was cool specially the hair scene
    -Oak seems interested in Dent occupation he starts explaining it and Iris cuts him off lol
    -Iris starstruck like with Shirona(not the same way), I loved when Oak gets the afro and she is like " SUGOI HAKASE!!" haha then he starts doing a Dent like rant and she and Kibago are like awwwww
    -The rotom trolls were fun, poor Stunfisk got trolled the whole episode but got that badass showoff at the end
    -They loved Emogla electricity seems like it was their favourite and knocked the poor thing out because she was running away, I loved when Iris yells at them and the rotom just blast her and Emolga with flamethrower pretty funny, specially Emolga expression
    -Rotoms were fun and pretty cute

2. Janovy

Janovy Banned

What sorcery is this?

- Ash recognizes Rotom?
    - Ash remembers Rotom from Sinnoh? :D

I mean, I know Ash is not an idiot (well, most of the time), but it's still nice to get these moments of maturity and get Ash casually saying 'Oh, I saw Rotom while I was in Sinnoh', like, have him acknowledge his past journeys more often. I really liked this episode - it was fun, had Iris and Cilan finally meeting Oak and Rotom were really fun too. Not to mention Stunfisk and Emonga finally having some role in this show.

As for Oak, I envy him - I can certainly understand why he'd want Rotom - that's one cool Pokémon.

This surely wasn't a filler but it certainly was fun.

3. JD

JD .

Why did Stunfisk fall over I didn't get that scene?

4. Alfred the Second

Alfred the Second Dracoflare

It's a gag. I didn't understood the exact words but after seeing the others fight Cilan gets excited said something along the lines of "Come on Stunfisk, let's..." and he realizes they can't actually contribute anything and says, "Do nothing." Which causes Stunfisk to fall over (I am merely guessing from watching the scene)

5. Raptor_Crow

Raptor_Crow I lied to you all

Because the Rotom didn't like the taste of Stunfisk's electricity so it wouldn't have been able to attract them away from Team Rocket.

6. Matsuyamakun

Matsuyamakun Well-Known Member

7. Janovy

Janovy Banned

8. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

Hahaha. That makes sense. Stunfisk...YOU...go eat cake.

9. MastersOfMonsters

MastersOfMonsters ~Yaoi FanBoy~

The animations for this episode was also very smooth and nice. More episodes needs to be like this.

And I really hope AfrOak shows up more often<3

10. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Um, so Oak was in this episode? Ash said in the first Decolora episode that he wanted to go to Kanto to report to Oak.

But Oak was in this episode. Why didn't he report to him here? :p

11. gohan5

gohan5 Irisboy

Because he had no idea that the Professor planned to visit the Decolora Islands. Likewise, Oak had no idea that Ash would be heading back to Kanto through the Islands either.

12. fitzy909

fitzy909 Just another guy

but, if ash wanted to report to the professor then he could have done it when he ran into him, but he probably forgot because of the rotom.

13. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahaha they aired the Episode N opening for this episode.

And holy crap the first time Oak's show had been aired in English, too bad they didn't change the Japanese symbols.

And oh god that last Rotom's cry "Aighghghghhghhfhhghg" sounded like a damn orangutan.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  14. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

Yeah, they used the Episode N opening for some reason; probably a mistake. It's a good episode anyway.

15. thetamale

thetamale Well-Known Member

It was cool to see genderless acknowledged.

16. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

At last, a team change...for Prof. Oak. The main trio gets trolled.

I admit that Prof. Oak doing stuff mid-sentence was entertaining. I liked his afro growing with every attack... But I still can't get used to his voice.

17. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

This episode started off as weak for me....until TR came. Now I know I have voiced my opinions of TRio's regression from BW/BW2 but for some reason in this particular episode, they reminded me a lot of OS TRio with their plan. Usually, in AG and DP, you had instances where their plans were the same or they were blasted off too quickly. Here, we actually saw them come up with a very competent plan and they actually almost succeeded. They could have easily gotten away with that one Rotom but they wanted to get the other 2. So I liked TRio in this episode. They may not have been as funny as they were in OS but that's to be expected since the humor in OS was much better in my opinion. But they were much closer to OS TRio in this episode.

18. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Oh, I noticed the TP opening too. That was too weird.

They could've captured the other two, but they never took into account the Ground-types of the trio.

Huh, I just noticed the three of them have Electric and Ground-types.

19. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Ash mentioned Sinnoh! GAHBLAGH! Also it was so weird when Prof.Oak never asked who Team Rocket was since he has never met them before. I also can't shake the feeling Porter is evil for some reason however.

20. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

Professor Oak and TRio know who each other are. They have met each other a few times in the past.