• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

To Catch a Rotom! (789)

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Was surprised by the episode N opening too. One of those few mistakes in animation/television that tend to happen.

This was kind of a interesting ep. This ep focused more of Rotom and its background much better than the Sinnoh one a few years. And as always, love the animation that was on this episode. (There's got to be a name for that style of animation). Prof Oak and the Afro bit was a lil over the top though. I actually miss the bada** TR of BW. Never liked the Sinnoh/Battle Frontier version of them and never will.

And I really wish that the voice actors of Oak and Juniper would just SWITCH! So we can have Oak's original voice back. After all these years i still can't get use to it.

thetamale

I like TR being serious when it matters - Meloetta arc was awesome. But when they're just doing their daily thing, catching Pikachu seems a little redundant after Giovanni's ambiguously shiny Persian one-shotted it but I digress, I like them being classic comic relief. I'm just glad they ditched that awful motto from BW - they were getting worse.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

NPT

Just a member
TPCI using the N opening for this episode was strange, but I guess it's just a oversight.

Anyway, this was an interesting episode. It's nice to see Prof. Oak's Live Caster segment in English for the first time, with Japanese text intact and all. The Rotom in this episode was crazier than the Rotom in "Get your Rotom Running".

Last edited:

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was an ok episode. Nothing noteworthy to say other than it being cool to see Professor Oak again.

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. Nice to see Professor Oak. It was a bit funny how his hair turned out when getting shocked by the Rotom.

Huh, the opening had N, that was over.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Ash mentioned Sinnoh! GAHBLAGH! Also it was so weird when Prof.Oak never asked who Team Rocket was since he has never met them before. I also can't shake the feeling Porter is evil for some reason however.

I'm sorry, what? He's seen them several times. In fact, if my memory serves correctly then the first time was in Pallet Party Panic, way back at the end of Kanto..

I'm sorry, what? He's seen them several times. In fact, if my memory serves correctly then the first time was in Pallet Party Panic, way back at the end of Kanto..

And he technically knew about them beforehand because when he was younger, he traveled to the future and saw them along with the Iron-Masked Marauder.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I really enjoyed this episode. It was great to see Professor Oak in person and he was a great addition (although temporary). The Rotom were great too, I liked the mischievous personalities in them as they always want to cause trouble and this ended up to be their downfall when coming to Team Rocket.

To conclude, it was great to see Oak catch Rotom through friendship. Great episode, onto the next one!

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Oak at the end.

As the journey continues :)

However everyone said this arc was only filler. I would hardly call this filler. Oak made a capture. Granted we will hardly see Rotom but this can't be filler so idk why why everyone was saying this Island arc was only filler. Makes me wonder how many more canon eps this arc has.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ash mentioned Sinnoh! GAHBLAGH! Also it was so weird when Prof.Oak never asked who Team Rocket was since he has never met them before. I also can't shake the feeling Porter is evil for some reason however.

I thought he was simply asking what Team Rocket was doing there

matt0044

Anyone else raised their eyebrow at the episode title?

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I Really enjoyed this episode, and it still remains the highlight of Da for me. It remained me of a good old fashion Johto filler (only with Oak in it... and Stunfisk!), and a good old fashion capture episode (again but only with Oak), combined! Loved how they fully explored the Rotom's abilities and typing's, gave Stunfisk some fun screentime and development (he just wants to be useful) and had some sweet animation. Plus now thanks to this episode we get to look forward to a recurring Rotom on the show! A Rotom that I hope sparks a rivalry with Ash's Muk for Oaks attention.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This episode was great. I loved how the Rotom hated Stunfisk's electricity.
It was nice to see Oak catch something.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Lol other then this episode and the Alexa ones, Da is such a waste of development opportunity lol. I'm hoping Alexa joins Ash next region so that at least one of the companions got development in DA.

Acdog

Oak at the end.

As the journey continues :)

However everyone said this arc was only filler. I would hardly call this filler. Oak made a capture. Granted we will hardly see Rotom but this can't be filler so idk why why everyone was saying this Island arc was only filler. Makes me wonder how many more canon eps this arc has.

Every episode of the main anime is canon, unless you meant something else.

Highlights of this episode were seeing Rotom, TR, Oak, and Ash mentioning he's seen Rotom before in Sinnoh. After Iris asked him if he'd seen one before, I was cringing and waiting for him to say "Rotom?". This is the first time we've seen Oak capture a Pokemon on screen.

One thing to complain about personally, for the dub. Iris in this episode. "Rotom stop eating please!" Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like Iris had next to no flow or emotion in this episode.

6/10