• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

To Catch a Rotom! (789)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
the scene where he did his Pokemon Live Caster and Pokemon senryu in the actual episode(As a result he didn't do it later at the end of the episode.)

Uh, yes he did. It was just preempted for a movie event announcement/giveaway contest in the initial airing, but of course the episode has a standard Live Caster segment at the end, like all others.

RVD_fan

A pretty fun episode with some good antics and some intelligence from the main characters bringing out their ground types, although once again I have to ask what the problem is with Team Rocket catching wild Pokemon like everyone else. Did that tag they put on the machine have anything to do with that?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
A pretty fun episode with some good antics and some intelligence from the main characters bringing out their ground types, although once again I have to ask what the problem is with Team Rocket catching wild Pokemon like everyone else.

Well most likely as TR are bad people in the show, if they try to catch any pokemon even if they are wild, it is considered as a bad thing.

Thats why, most of the episodes in which they do catch a pokemon, they are not portrait as bad or are completely stupid. And in some cases where that doesn't happen, the capture of the pokemon in done off-screen.

Did that tag they put on the machine have anything to do with that?
Jessie put that tag on that machine so that it seals up Rotom since they are Ghost type. Well what she tried to do was use a type of Ofuda, but i don't think it was real or even possible that it would work on a pokemon.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Queen Emolga is still undefeated. She didn't get the KO'd eyes which means she didn't lose. She took leaf storm, hydro pump, and flamethrower and managed to survive it all. Be Jealous because your pokemon faves would've been knocked out with all those hits.

I guess Ash never truly defeated Darkrai as we didn't see it's swirly eyes and the judge made a miscall. Emolga lost whether it got swirly eyes or not. She was useless against them and had to retreat. I call that a loss. Why are you so obsessed with Emolga? It's like Ciccone and Oshawott.

I guess Ash never truly defeated Darkrai as we didn't see it's swirly eyes and the judge made a miscall. Emolga lost whether it got swirly eyes or not. She was useless against them and had to retreat. I call that a loss. Why are you so obsessed with Emolga? It's like Ciccone and Oshawott.

Get better examples. That was a battle where the ref made the call. I didn't see a ref make a call with Emolga mwahahaha she took damage but she wasn't KO'd. It's that simple, kid.

And I'm not obsessed. I just see Emolga for the queen she is. Not my fault your faves aren't as fabulous as she is.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Get better examples. That was a battle where the ref made the call. I didn't see a ref make a call with Emolga mwahahaha she took damage but she wasn't KO'd. It's that simple, kid.

And I'm not obsessed. I just see Emolga for the queen she is. Not my fault your faves aren't as fabulous as she is.

Yeah Emolga is the Queen. She's had all those amazing victories against Sawk before it got good training, that random Watchog, and uh....uh.....................

Haunter ゴースト

I guess Ash never truly defeated Darkrai as we didn't see it's swirly eyes and the judge made a miscall. Emolga lost whether it got swirly eyes or not. She was useless against them and had to retreat. I call that a loss.

Hmm.

I see what you're trying to say, but when a Pokemon looses in that fashion, I see it as more of a shock attack (no pun intended to the Rotom KO) which stuns them to an extent but doesn't KO them.

If you go by your logic, Pikachu has lost numerous times to Axew because of his Dragon Rage when he couldn't control it.

Why are you so obsessed with Emolga? It's like Ciccone and Oshawott.

You can tell when somebody likes a Pokemon, but HGH makes it seem so forced.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Ultimately, it was better than I thought, but still not great.

Oak tried to catch a Pokemon at full health. I don't know why, but okay. At least the second attempt made more sense.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Ultimately, it was better than I thought, but still not great.

Oak tried to catch a Pokemon at full health. I don't know why, but okay. At least the second attempt made more sense.

I capture a lot of pokemon at full health :D(I use quickballs though).

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Jessie put that tag on that machine so that it seals up Rotom since they are Ghost type. Well what she tried to do was use a type of Ofuda, but i don't think it was real or even possible that it would work on a pokemon.

It didn't work because she just used a regular old sticker.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Iris was the ref in this case where she decided that Emolga was completely useless against the Rotom and decided to recall her. "The Queen" was defenseless against the enemy and was forced to retreat. Perhaps it wasn't a KO but it was still a failure. The Queen failed. Trying to insult with kid, smh.

Personal insults, wow.

Either way even Stunfisk contributed more in this episode by helping block Team Rocket's attack. Every Pokémon that showed up except for Emolga (and Axew, but he kinda never does) did something useful.

Iris was the ref in this case where she decided that Emolga was completely useless against the Rotom and decided to recall her. "The Queen" was defenseless against the enemy and was forced to retreat. Perhaps it wasn't a KO but it was still a failure. The Queen failed. Trying to insult with kid, smh.

Personal insults, wow.

Either way even Stunfisk contributed more in this episode by helping block Team Rocket's attack. Every Pokémon that showed up except for Emolga (and Axew, but he kinda never does) did something useful.

Failure doesn't exist in Emolga's vocab. She took on 3 rotom, got blasted with so many attacks, and she still wasn't KO'd. That's an accomplishment. It's not Emolga's fault she isn't a ground type because otherwise she would've slayed everything in sight. Iris recalled her because she realized the queen was being triple teamed and that wasn't playing fair.

However Emolga didn't want to disappoint her fans, so she gave us a priceless comedy moment before she left our screen. She was basically saying "I'm a survivor and I will never lose a battle."

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Failure doesn't exist in Emolga's vocab. She took on 3 rotom, got blasted with so many attacks, and she still wasn't KO'd. That's an accomplishment. It's not Emolga's fault she isn't a ground type because otherwise she would've slayed everything in sight. Iris recalled her because she realized the queen was being triple teamed and that wasn't playing fair.

However Emolga didn't want to disappoint her fans, so she gave us a priceless comedy moment before she left our screen. She was basically saying "I'm a survivor and I will never lose a battle."

Okay, that actually made me laugh. Emonga the untouchable. :p

Thanks for the picture however.

Last edited:

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
Can you say, awesome episode? It was a nice comedic episode and it wasn't a filler either technically, it takes the award for the best episode of Da! so far.

• Okido-Hakase, wow, I've never been so entertained by him before. I actually thought he was bland in his DP appearance, he was so refreshing and fun to watch in this episode. He was easily my favorite human character of this whole episode, the afro scene for example and the scene where he did his Pokemon Live Caster and Pokemon senryu in the actual episode(As a result he didn't do it later at the end of the episode.) was the first time I actually really laughed out loud at something in a while in this show. I'm so glad he caught a Rotom and yes, I do think we'll be seeing the Rotom again, not just because I'm an optimist but Lizardo and Kairyu were in specials/movies so it's natural they haven't appeared. Especially those two, the former being seen with him as a kid and the latter being put in a special commissioned by 4kids. The pigeon in Jouto just seemed like a showing Pokemon more than anything, simply brought for a lecture and it's a bird and one of the most early and common Pokemon. Makes sense, but Rotom we will be seeing again and I'm positive of it. Yep, I'm happy we finally got to see his Pokemon capture pose and capture cry, been wanting that for a while. I literally can't wait until this episode is subbed simply because I'm interested in hearing what all of his notes and such were about. Him trying to capture Rotom without weakening it was nice, people give Satoshi flak for that but a Pokemon professor is doing the same thing. Like I said both times it's meant to be nothing but showing their excitement over getting a new Pokemon.
  • Those Rotom had great personalities and their actions were very entertaining, they were even bigger sadistic troublemakers than the Koaruhie, Hitomoshi and Monozu gangs. I thought them loving Emonga's electricity but hating Maggyo's was amusing. Them drenching Iris, Leaf Storming Emonga and roasting Emonga and Iris with Kibago retreating in the safety of Iris's PokemonControlMachineLaser/Fire proof hair was golden. I even like how the writers went out of the way to make their electricity orange. The whole set of them was amazing, just taking over appliances and wrecking stuff.
  • Dem Pokemonz. Happy to see Emonga, Maggyo and Waruvial, haven't seen them since Da! began. Glad for Doryuzu appearing as well. Yay for no Mijumaru this episode too. Kibago shaking Okido's hand was adorable and Emonga trying to infatuate the Rotom with Mero-Mero was great and so like her. She does Mero-Mero so much better than Tsutarja, she actually uses it in comedic instances and isn't helpless without it. Acknowledging Rotom genderless-ness was great too. Maggyo getting run over and crying was a yes scene for me because it was funny.

AMEN! I agree best Da! Episode YET! It made Rotom sound like a Transformer and TR catches Rotom like the Ghostbusters. Let's add that this episode aired ON MY 28th BIRTHDAY. It was better than Get Your Rotom Running (minus the delightfully mischievous personality) because one was caught and it was highlighted like it was a revered pokemon. I can not say I disliked this episode in any way shape or form. It was the best birthday gift TV Tokyo ever gave me.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Since the Rotom weren't effected by Emolga's attract, does that mean they were all girls?

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master

naughtynun

So he didn't notice something? he isn't predicting anything he watches the episodes before us in another channel.

ENOUGH OF THIS, he isn't rotating now, he sent the pokemon to Oak, if he makes a change in the team, we will probably know, like when he eventually brings Scraggy since he is in the ending, or the possible Gible appearances in Summer.

I might be wrong about the he isn't rotating but this is the team we should be expecting now, since the otlher were sent for oak, so bringing back an Isshu pokemon migth be as likelly as bringing back an old one since they are with the other already.

I want to see Palpitoad again and I don't make 99% of my posts about it.

Calm down! I don't see why I should just accept that the writers are not bothering to change his team at all. There is no reason why he can't rotate, the writers are just too flaming lazy to bother. In the Battle Frontier, Ash would randomly pull out an old Pokemon for a battle and I think it is totally unacceptable that the writers aren't doing that again after refusing to show any of the old Pokemon during the main series as well. At least the writers could have the decency of showing us the ignored Pokemon from the current gen.

It should be the entirety of his team at the moment that should be at Oak's, since they are the ones that have been given the most attention already.

I never said it wouldn't appear, just that it didn't take priority over a Rotom in VA credits. fer92 misquoted me as saying Excadrill won't appear. ;)

Ok, fair enough! How do you watch them first?

Agreed those were my favourite parts too.

It is weird how the writers only want Ash to reference the occassional Pokemon when he see thems another time.

My main point was the Tag Battle Episode where Ash saw both Buizel and Corphish, I mean come on.

That Buizel and Corphish appearance really annoyed me, what an insult to his own Pokemon that he didn't mention them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QthdwEVpqj4

Pause at 0.42. I think Ash's main team is Charizard, Mijumaru, Snivy, Pignite, Scraggy and Pikachu in DA, but I was really surprised Krokodile is in this episode.

We will see Snivy and Pignite in next episode.So what happened to Scraggy then?

I'd be interested if you could tell me one DA episode that Scraggy has been in! Krookodile was in today's episode and has appeared in episodes in episode N more recently than Scraggy. Krookodile was in BW119, BW121 and BW122 and Scraggy hasn't been seen since Charizard joined the team, so there is no evidence Scraggy is on Ash's team at present. The opening probably just hints at a future appearance. Why should Scraggy of all the Oaked Unova reserves be getting an appearance. The bird, the bug, the boulder and the frog deserve it far more.

Matsuyamakun

I'd be interested if you could tell me one DA episode that Scraggy has been in! Krookodile was in today's episode and has appeared in episodes in episode N more recently than Scraggy. Krookodile was in BW119, BW121 and BW122 and Scraggy hasn't been seen since Charizard joined the team, so there is no evidence Scraggy is on Ash's team at present. The opening probably just hints at a future appearance. Why should Scraggy of all the Oaked Unova reserves be getting an appearance. The bird, the bug, the boulder and the frog deserve it far more.

I would like to see all reserved pokemons as well.(I think we won't see Palpitoad, Leavanny, Unfeazant, Boldore anymore.)But Zuruggu got more screentime than them.We might see Kibago-Zuruggu episode soon.If Iris leaves at the end of DA, we might see a battle too.I don't think they completely forget Scraggy.Lets see what will happen in DA.:)

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Best Da episode yet, I'd say. Stunfisk falling over is the best thing ever. If only thay had him be comical like that more often. He had such great potential for a awesome personality and whatnot.

And awesome to see AfrOak capture a Pokémon for once~