• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

To Clear The Mess Up Regarding Pokémon USA /Special/Next Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiPikachu

Chu Chu Chu
To Clear The Mess Up Regarding Pokémon USA /Special/Next Season!

*As posted at BGMF*

I know this is a new thread but i want to make my point clear.

The email message/guestbook posting regarding Eric Stuart and Pokémon USA Dubbing the special/next season completely contradicts what Veronica Taylor said to me in person last month.

She explained to me that she and the other VA's were dubbing a Special Episode for April and that for the next season Pokémon USA were 'Considering' using soundalikes for the characters instead of the VA's so the email from Eric Stuart completely contradicts what i've been told straight from Veronica's mouth.

PiPikachu

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Yes, but from what Serebii posted in the Mirage thread, you said "dubbing shortly". That means at the time they had yet to do it.

So couldn't it very well be that sometime after your conversation, this "considering" became the official decision? That is if that e-mail from Stuart is real.

Last edited:

AtoMan

Restoring the Kanto
I don't understand what you mean.

WHAT did the message from Eric Stuart says?

PDL

disenchanted
This is the e-mail

URGENT: IT SEEMS THAT POKEMON USA IS IT'S INFINITE GREED HAS DECIDED TO TAKE POKEMON AND RE-CAST ALL OF THE ORIGINAL STARS TO SAVE MONEY. THEY PLAN ON RECORDING A 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL WITH ALL NEW ACTORS AS WELL AS DOING THE NEXT SEASON WITH NEW ACTORS. THEY FEEL THAT THE VOICES DON'T MATTER AND THAT TAJ PRODUCTIONS CAN DO THE SAME QUALITY OF WORK THAT 4 KIDS HAS DONE.

WRITE THE WB-WRITE THE FAN SITES. 4 KIDS TRIED TO SAVE THE SHOW BUT POKEMON USA IS MORE INTERESTED IN THEIR WALLETS THAN THE QUALITY OF THE SHOW. THE FANS MUST SPEAK UP!!!!!

ARE YOUR READY FOR A NEW ASH, BROCK, MAY, MAX, JAMES, JESSIE AND MEOWTH?!!!

please notice the all caps...

JazzJazz

What's the time difference between what Eric Stuart and Veronica Taylor said? Perhaps one of them has more information than the other...

AtoMan

Restoring the Kanto
Either Eric Stuart is a complete n00b, or this is all fake. Rather the second...

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The all-caps e-mail is blatant bull, so I don't understand why so many people are bringing it up anyway.
But as I've read at one point or another, someone got a direct answer from Eric Stuart concerning what exactly is happening. From what I've heard, this guy is 'highly respected' or something along those lines.

I find all this e-mail balogna to be highly suspicious, but despite that Veronica Taylor's statement doesn't really hold much ground anyway. Shigeru-kun pretty much summed up my thoughts on that already it seems. Last minute decisions coming into play isn't the sort of factor I'd overlook.

Chris

Old Coot
Woah, people here actually have a brain? Because a buncha people over at BMGf are actually buying into it. o_O Seems more like an early April Fool's prank on their part.

People mentioned that's Eric's actual e-mail. What they fail to realize is that with a guestbook, you can pretty much post anyone's e-mail address and post whatever, making it seem like that's them. ;\

Oh yeah, don't listen to WPM, either. He claims to know something but won't reveal anything. Proof he's full of crap.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Uh, you guys do realize that Eric Stuart responded to *another* e-mail. This one actually looks legit:

Eric Stuart said:
Pokemon USA has decided that it's too expensive to use 4Kids and the
actors that have made Pokemon the TV show such a success for the last
10 years. They have 'behind our backs' re-cast the show with
'sound-a-likes' to try to save money. They acutally believe the fans
don't care. They are starting with the 10 year anniversary
special-starring all new voices. The main cast, me included, has taken
a lot of pride in the characters we have helped to create. To change
now, on the last season, based on greed is a sad example of what big
buisness kids marketing really is.

Please spread the word-maybe some fan buzz can stop this tragedy.

Eric 'Brock & James" Stuart

The plot thickens.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Yes, that's the e-mail people are worried about. The change could have happened in the last few weeks, after the expo. Note the words 'behind our backs'.

I've sent an e-mail to Eric Stuart *myself* about this, so hopefully I'll recieve a reply, even if it is a copy and paste job sent to all people asking. I've also sent an e-mail to someone on a... certain site which deals with a project Maddie Baustian worked on, so hopefully I can get her e-mail to send a question to.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
I still say that second email is questionable at best. There are mis-spellings and it generally comes across as nothing more than a n00b forum rant. An April Fool's joke is looking more and more likely, methinks.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Eric Stuart was writing that out of his own frustration though, not as a represenative of 4kids or anyone.

Hell, I'd be pissed too if I couldn't play two characters (Brock and James) anymore that I was voicing for 8 years and over 400 episodes.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
But he's supposed to be a professional voice actor. He shouldn't let people see that he's become so frustrated about this, least of all the fans. It could land him in very deep water with both 4Kids and Pokemon USA. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until more concrete evidence appears to prove that that was in fact written by him.

Chris

Old Coot
CyberCubed said:
Eric Stuart was writing that out of his own frustration though, not as a represenative of 4kids or anyone.

Hell, I'd be pissed too if I couldn't play two characters (Brock and James) anymore that I was voicing for 8 years and over 400 episodes.
That's a rather lame excuse. I still don't buy that "e-mail" since not even PPN has that up on their site, even though they "received" the e-mail.

G

Geki

Wow. This special is going to be ****ed up, they're using computers simulation to the voice actors. I always knew it would be, after all, the one the US is getting was made in this country. But I still want to watch it, and see how horrible it is. I'll record it too, just so I can laugh at it all the time.

XanthianCaprie

Cascade Trainer
Hmm.... seems odd that someone that works for 4Kids would post something like that. I mean, the above posters are correct -- isn't there some sort of code of ethics or conduct voice actors have to follow? I'm not sure I believe it's legit.

Plus, I watch the show because I enjoy the show. It won't be the end of my world if the voices sound a little different. I mean, Dragonball (I think they changed) sounds about the same.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Veronica Taylor confirmed it as well:

Veronica said:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:41:03 EST
Subject: Re: Pokémon to be Recasted?

Hey Scott-
Unfortunately, this is very real. We have been informed that Pokemon USA has already made plans to do the Anniversary special with substitute voices. Apparently, they haven't made a firm decision on the next season yet. None of us have been formally asked to do the show, we've simply been told we'll be replaced. Pokemon USA has made no effort to negotiate with 4kids, simply feeling that getting a cheaper rate to dub the show is enough. They care nothing for the quality. They will be using new script writers, voices, music, etc. We (the voice actors and those at 4kids who work so hard on the show) are all extremely upset as we care very much for Pokemon and what we've worked to create. However, there is nothing that we can do. It seems that the only recourse is for fans to write to Pokemon USA and tell them how wrong their decision is and how it will adversely affect the show.

Thanks for your concern. Please spread the word and let's all try to work together to right this wrong before it's too late.

Veronica

Anyone who thinks this is a hoax now is either delirious or living in denial. Two voice actors have confirmed it, the "Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" special will have new voices...but they haven't dubbed Season 9 yet.

So unless people actually get up off their asses and convince Pokemon USA to use the old voice actors, the dub will be replaced with "sound-a-likes."

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
I may have misread but Eric stuart said
To change
now, on the last season,
That either means that response was fake or the 9th season is the last season. I doubt it is the last season but weird comment.

Anyway its unfortunate that we have to deal with sound alikes. Not because we have to listen to different voices but that the VA's are fired. Sorry I'm a very empathetic person.

Status
Not open for further replies.