• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

To Find a Fairy Flower! (830)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Flabébé and the Fairy Flower!

Heading towards Shalour City, Serena gives Bonnie a special hair decoration based on a flower. However, a Flabébé mistakes it for its own flower, which it had previously lost, and stays with Bonnie. Ash & co. decide to help Flabébé to find its flower, but this proves to be difficult when they learn that the flowers are no longer in bloom. Will Ash & Co. be able to help Flabébé find its flower?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay.. I'm first, but I dropped in halfway in the episode.

Bonnie already has Flabebe in her hair, and the old man was giving them a backstory. I don't have a clue of what he said, but it was said with Flabebe's flower being destroyed by a car. Then he left, while Bonnie rushed it to the Pokecenter.

Once there, Joy suggested a place on the map where they could find a new flower for Flabebe.. Team Rocket leads them there.

They found the flower, and Bonnie is climbing up a cliff to get it.. Being a good bro' there Clemont..

Obviously, Team Rocket is just waiting for their moment and voila.. They seize Pikachu..

Wow.. Flabebe really "bonds'' with their flower..

The starters come out to fight Team Rocket, here are Inkay and Pump and Wobbu.

Water Pulse is repelled by Wobbu
Stream breaks, but Clemont was about to call out an order for Chespin.
Pump is sending Shadow Balls all over the field..
Flabebe is done bonding with its flower and is making TR happy.. and calm..

Pikachu is released by the power of Fairy magic.. so.. hax.. The group runs away from Team Rocket.. they keep on lying on the hillside.. Back at the old mans place, he has an ill wife.. The old man is glad they found Flabebe's flower and so is the old woman.. Flabebe is glad to see the old woman.. I guess that's her owner then..

Last edited:

zhixun

A coincidence with Eureka's hair band with Flabebe's tower. Waiting for the sub of Flabebe between the old couple. Even Eureka got some care about her hair like Hikari. Too bad for Eureka not having a Flabebe though.

Sonans battling power is strong although he can not initiate attacks. Harimaron and Fokko were redundant in this episode in my opinion since they did nothing besides marketing purposes.

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
You know what? **** Team Rocket in this episode. They were really out of place and the tension (yeah, yeah, comic relief, chinese cartoons for kids) was ruined by their presence. In fact, I can feel even Ash, Serena, and Clemont were mad as **** by their appearance.

Bonnie acts very child-like in the beginning of the episode, and not in a lel yer such a kid way, but in a endearing kind of way. I like the fact that Serena once again takes the role of sister for Bonnie. Other things to note is Clemont's subtle reaction when the old man started hugging Bonnie, you can see he fettered righteous fury of brotherly love on that kid. Finally, I really thought that old lady bit the dust like the one from the Espurr episode. Hopefully it doesn't become overused.

Will comment more when I watch this episode proper. Bloody Germans in France.

Razmos

I have this sponge..
Really disappointed Flabebe didn't join the group, I think it would have fit really well, especially if it had continued to ride in Bonnie's hair like Iris and Axew.

Pumpkaboo and Flabebe were the 2 pokemon I had the most hope of becoming part of the group, so it sucks that neither have joined. (at least Jessie got Pumpkaboo)

Galvantula1992

Did this episode take place in Geosenge Town?

honestly bonnie should be the main female and they should get rid of serena, the episodes bonnie has gotten are way better than serena's episodes

zhixun

honestly bonnie should be the main female and they should get rid of serena, the episodes bonnie has gotten are way better than serena's episodes

You are just underestimating the power of supporting characters like Citron and Serena. They can be important for Satoshi's well being while he is travelling.

Back on topic, I think Eureka was quite sad when she said farewell to Flabebe. Citron should have made some inventions that can make Eureka to fulfill her task easier, she is climbing the cliff without any safety measure. I am surprised that Citron does allow her to climb given that he stopped Eureka to do this in the Shoyo gym.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I am surprised that Citron does allow her to climb given that he stopped Eureka to do this in the Shoyo gym.

They didn't have a choice.

If what i understood is right, then the 'Fairy Flower' had to be picked up by Flabébé itself based on what Serena read on her device (not sure why though), when Ash tried to climb the hill and get the flower.

And since the Flabébé was too weak to fly upto the flower, Bonnie decided to do it herself and they didn't have that much time to waste on Clemont making something for Bonnie to help her climb safely.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Wow! Just wow! I needed a good Bonnie episode after last week and this episode did not disappoint. It wasn't what I expected but it was good all the same. Who knew Pokemon would use the characters from Pixar's UP? I sure wouldn't.

Bonnie once again amazes me. This wasn't a "Bonnie plays with cute Pokemon and it's cute" episode. This was a legit helping a Pokemon out that she bonds with. I loved it. The episode flowed nicely. Serena used her Pokedex...*gasp* I don't know why I get shocked whenever she does. Why is it Serena was better in this episode and not the last one, which was about her? She even tried to actually help battle. Sure she ended up doing nothing at all, but we saw her attempt to help. And the sisterly bond between her Bonnie was good. I was surprised Clemont was actually going to try and catch Flabebe for Bonnie. Wow! Maybe his remaining slots will be for Bonnie. And I loved his face when Bonnie was climbing the cliff. Maybe he could have had Chespin hold her steady with Vine Whip? Just a thought. Ash, ironically never hijacks a Bonnie episode, like he does Serena's so he was used fine for me. I was a little surprised Froakie was having trouble with TR. I can understand Divakin and even to some extent Chespin, but Froakie? Ash did just win a badge with Froakie right? Oh well. Those power levels change to fit the episodes.

TR being used here was half and half. I didn't feel the episode needed them but at the same time they did provide a obstacle/battle of the day. And how Flabebe dealt with TR was...I'll admit enjoyable. So I don't have much to complain about. Solid good episode for me. Bonnie episodes haven't disappointed me yet, but I really like this one because we got to see a side of Bonnie we normally don't see. And I like that despite letting Flabebe go she was visibly upset about it and now just main character shrug it off later. Well done XY.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Great Bonnie episode as expected, she was cute and fun as always. I liked her heroic moment with climbing the mountain to get the Fairy Flower for Flabebe. She goes to place Dedenne and her bag with Serena and bravely scales the mountain and the music of it and all was so victorious and all. She really shined the best in this episode, her moments with Flabebe were fun, I liked how when she returned Flabebe she didn't throw a fit or cry like a baby. She was mature and returned the Pokemon she was bonding with nicely and neatly. They could have shown her in a more immature light like how Max was angry that his dad lost and stole the badge and ran away, but that didn't happen. She carried herself well.

I like how Clemont, Serena and Ash armed themselves with PokeBalls to fight TR. Oh and fluctuating power levels are fluctuating, Inkay/Pumpkaboo have gotten their cans kicked pretty badly for a month's worth of episodes yet they were actually making the Kalos starters struggle in this episode. I guess that's because Jessie finally used her Wobbuffett again for the first time in a long while. Oh well, simply seeing Chespin and the others out all at once was nice. I suppose Flabebe's intervention was an interesting way to end the Rocket fight and the sad story was actually pretty touching. I like how Dedenne cheered her up when she was leaving the hospital, I guess it's a subtle reminder she's lucky to have to the Pokemon she does have in any case.

I'm 50/50 on TR in this episode, at least their Pokemon put up a fight and Ash was pretty fine here too. Clemont was fun and Serena sent out Fennekin, but gave no command but still I'm glad she's simply being allowed to try to fight and not rely on others to save her. Fun episode.

zhixun

Wow! Just wow! I needed a good Bonnie episode after last week and this episode did not disappoint. It wasn't what I expected but it was good all the same. Who knew Pokemon would use the characters from Pixar's UP? I sure wouldn't.

Bonnie once again amazes me. This wasn't a "Bonnie plays with cute Pokemon and it's cute" episode. This was a legit helping a Pokemon out that she bonds with. I loved it. The episode flowed nicely. Serena used her Pokedex...*gasp* I don't know why I get shocked whenever she does. Why is it Serena was better in this episode and not the last one, which was about her? She even tried to actually help battle. Sure she ended up doing nothing at all, but we saw her attempt to help. And the sisterly bond between her Bonnie was good. I was surprised Clemont was actually going to try and catch Flabebe for Bonnie. Wow! Maybe his remaining slots will be for Bonnie. And I loved his face when Bonnie was climbing the cliff. Maybe he could have had Chespin hold her steady with Vine Whip? Just a thought. Ash, ironically never hijacks a Bonnie episode, like he does Serena's so he was used fine for me. I was a little surprised Froakie was having trouble with TR. I can understand Divakin and even to some extent Chespin, but Froakie? Ash did just win a badge with Froakie right? Oh well. Those power levels change to fit the episodes.

TR being used here was half and half. I didn't feel the episode needed them but at the same time they did provide a obstacle/battle of the day. And how Flabebe dealt with TR was...I'll admit enjoyable. So I don't have much to complain about. Solid good episode for me. Bonnie episodes haven't disappointed me yet, but I really like this one because we got to see a side of Bonnie we normally don't see. And I like that despite letting Flabebe go she was visibly upset about it and now just main character shrug it off later. Well done XY.

Do you really think Serena was better in this episode than in the last one? I think Serena did much less in this episode than the previous.

Your idea about Harimaron is awesome, I think he could help to grab the flower as he actually did grab the leaf earlier in XY011. Keromatsu's attack was deflected by Sonans, which receives twice as much damage as the original attack so I would not be surprised he has some trouble. I do agree Eureka's special character shown here where she did impress me, rather than doing annoying thing such as repeating finding a wife like Takeshi.

RickHoenn

Banned
Bonnie proved she's really mature for her age :) that's awesome, great episode all around.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Overall, it was a pretty boring episode to be honest. It just feels like this formula was just done not too long ago with the Espurr episode. However, I do like how Team Rocket was much more competent in this episode.

Ash.mx

Why is it Serena was better in this episode and not the last one, which was about her? She even tried to actually help battle. Sure she ended up doing nothing at all, but we saw her attempt to help.

You really think Serena was better here than in the last one? ook... . Don't get me wrong, I think this is the kind of episodes Serena should be getting, but I feel people are understimating/dismissing the little bits she has been getting lately.

---
It was pretty boring , but a good episode overall. Not exactly what I was expecting, but I guess we get to know that, even is she was clearly upset that Flabebe already got a trainer, Bonnie isn't as immature as Max was in early AG and it was well portrayed at the end of the episode. I personally don't like that Clemont didn't have to think twice to try to catch Flabebe after Bonnie requested it though; what's stopping Bonnie of ending up with more Pokemon than Ash at the end of the series? lol . But I enjoyed the characters interactions and it was good to see TRs competent side again.

But seriously, Serena finding more info about Flabebe in her navigator-thing than in the actual Pokedex?? Those pokemon nerds- I mean professors need to step up their game... what's with them giving newbies outdated devices that got so little info on the topic they were designed for? I bet it doesn't even support wi-fi..

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
You really think Serena was better here than in the last one? ook... . Don't get me wrong, I think this is the kind of episodes Serena should be getting, but I feel you are really understimating the little bits she has been getting lately.

It was pretty boring , but a good episode overall. Not exactly what I was expecting, but I guess we get to know that, even is she was clearly upset that Flabebe already got a trainer, Bonnie isn't as immature as Max was in early AG and it was well portrayed at the end of the episode. I personally don't like that Clemont didn't have to think twice to catch Flabebe after Bonnie requested it though; what's stopping Bonnie of ending up with more Pokemon than Ash at the end of the series? lol . But I enjoyed the characters interactions and it was good to see TRs competent side again.

But seriously, Serena finding more info about Flabebe in her navigator-thing than the actual Pokedex?? Those pokemon geeks- I mean professors need to step up their game... what's with them giving newbies outdated devices? I bet it doesn't even support wi-fi..

Yeah I do. I'll take Serena helping the group with Flabebe, and willing to protect the group in battle over a mediocre rivalry, jealousy/Amourshipping teasing, and not being allowed to battle alone. Yeah she didn't get to battle here either, but at least she was trying to protect Bonnie and Flabebe. I greatly enjoyed this episode over that skunk of a episode we got last week. I don't think the last episode helped Serena very much. At least here we got to see that Bonnie's not just a cute kid who wants to play all the time. She put herself in harms way for a Pokemon that's not even hers. That might not sound like much for this anime because it happens all the time, but for a kid who is not a trainer it is something.

As far as Bonnie ending up with more Pokemon then Ash. I don't think that will happen, but what is so wrong with sidekicks getting Pokemon?

Nightstar1994

Ash didn't even notice his Pikachu was missing until it cried out.

That's how much of a background character the mouse has became.