• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

To Master the Onix-Pected (073)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
What was super funny was when Brock thought that Bruno would block the object he was going to hit him with, but it turns out he didn't predict it at all. Rofl!

Lol, I kind of thought Bruno should've reprimanded Brock for that stunt since that looked painful as hell. :p

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
That elderly lady's meatballs on a stick certainly didn't look like meatballs to me

I didn't realize at first, but the old woman's food that Jessie, James and Meowth were shown stealing looked more like dango than meatballs upon closer inspection. Dango are like sweet dumplings, but 4kids gave them a name change like with rice balls.

Alloutℯ

Banned
How did a puny Sandslash even cause Onix discomfort? I wish Bruno and Ash had fought, and TRio seemed even more pointless than usual.

Leonhart

Imagineer
How did a puny Sandslash even cause Onix discomfort? I wish Bruno and Ash had fought, and TRio seemed even more pointless than usual.

Satoshi had less of a reason to challenge Shiba than Takeshi did however, but even if Takeshi or Satoshi had battled Shiba, I can't fathom how that would've been appealing. We could tell from Shiba's status as a member of the Four Heavenly Kings that he would've defeated either of them in mere seconds.

So many issues here. 1: Why was Bruno so laid back when he should've been more attentive. 2: How did a Sandslash's quills hurt Onix. 3: Why did Bruno catch Onix in the end.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't think of it much before, but now Sandpan's spines causing Iwark so much discomfort does seem rather bizarre. I suppose we're meant to think that Iwark's body is just extremely sensitive.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Not a bad episode. The giant Onix curb-stomping both Squirtle and Staryu was odd. I wish Ash caught the Sandslash causing Onix so much pain that it went on a rampage.
6.5/10

Daizy

I call you honey
Brock showing interest in Bruno was cool because he almost never shows his passion unless Pokemon Breeding is involved. I kinda wish Bruno had mentored Brock properly though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
I kinda wish Bruno had mentored Brock properly though.

He kind of did by showing Takeshi his training regimen. Granted, it was plain and boring, but Shiba's style worked even if he was very laid-back.

I swear that we had seen Bruno back in the first episode on Ash's television when he was watching that special battle program. I liked his full appearance here because he wasn't a strict person unlike Brock and Ash first thought. His training methods weren't impressive either, but he obviously knew what he was doing since he detected that Sandslash that was stuck inside of Onix's body.

Episodes about video game characters appearing for the first time are almost always good but this was one of the few exceptions probably because of how Bruno spent most of his time relaxing and taking advantage of Ash and Brock. I thought that the Sandslash scene with the giant Onix was the best part since it was the only time that Bruno's Elite Four skills were shown, but the rest of the episode passed without anything of consequence happening. 6/10

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I swear that the Nidorino and Onix trainer from the first episode was Bruno based on his shadow but this episode made it seem like Bruno was an entirely different character since his team only included Hitmonchan.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I swear that the Nidorino and Onix trainer from the first episode was Bruno based on his shadow but this episode made it seem like Bruno was an entirely different character since his team only included Hitmonchan.

I think the silhouette trainer was probably meant to represent Siba given their physical similarities. Since Siba also competed in tournaments as we saw on the television when Satoshi and Takeshi were watching it in the beginning of this episode, it would make sense that the silhouette trainer and Siba were the same person.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I think the silhouette trainer was probably meant to represent Siba given their physical similarities. Since Siba also competed in tournaments as we saw on the television when Satoshi and Takeshi were watching it in the beginning of this episode, it would make sense that the silhouette trainer and Siba were the same person.

Oh goody so I'm not crazy then. All this time I thought I was alone in thinking that this episode marked Bruno's 1st appearance in the show but now I'm convinced it was his 2nd. :D

Ash: Instead of training for the Pokémon league, lets goof around!
I don't like that at all. Ash is being very irresponsible. Bruno seemed really lazy for an E4 member at the beginning but it was cool how he jumped to cause the Onix to hit itself. TRio was great but otherwise this episode was bothersome and boring.