• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

To me, my X-Men! (Haha no, not really) Ebenzener's X Squad!

ebenzener

Hey guys! I challenge people online via Battle Spot and play with my friends in real life. I guess that makes me a semi-competitive player? Haha. My philosophy is to play with my favourites and do the best that I can with them.

Espeon @ Rocky Helmet
Modest, Magic Bounce
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Psyshock
Grass Knot
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam

This is my starting Pokemon, basically nullifying Spikes/Stealth Rock setups. I've found him very useful in forcing Pranksters like Sableye and Klefki into switching out. Rocky Helmet is there because I expect opponents to attack Espeon physically.

Togekiss @ King's Rock
Modest, Serene Grace
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Dazzling Gleam
Air Slash
Flamethrower
Aura Sphere

Generic special sweeper: I decided against Paraflinch because I really loved Aura Sphere, which handles its Rock weakness well. And somehow, nobody ever expects Togekiss to pack a Flamethrower. X)

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Careful, Pressure
252 Def, 252 Sp Def, 4 HP
Toxic
Will O' Wisp
Shadow Sneak
Night Shade

Classic staller/annoyer. Shadow Sneak is there for opponents barely hanging on and needing a quick KO.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Jolly, Intimidate
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Sp Def
Ice Fang
Crunch
Play Rough
Iron Head

I'm having trouble deciding between Crunch or Stone Edge for Fire coverage.

Malamar @ Power Anklet
Impish, Contrary
252 Atk, 128 Def, 128 Spd
Superpower
Foul Play
Switcheroo
Topsy Turvy

Annoyer set to disrupt setups and hold items. Superpower's there to exploit Contrary, and Switcheroo is to slow down any fast sweepers on the other side.

Heliolisk @ Damp Rock
Timid, Dry Skin
252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Rain Dance
Thunder
Surf
Dark Pulse

Not much explanation here, I guess. Dark Pulse to provide some anti-Ghost coverage because Espeon and Dusclops are weak to that.

I'm considering replacing Heliolisk with a Agility+Baton Pass Jolteon so I can set up for Mega Mawile, but I'm reluctant to give up the former's versatility and Normal immunity!

chap196

For Togekiss
I would actually replace Flamethrower with Thunder Wave, Thunder Wave allows Togekiss to outspeed your opponent and flinch it with Air Slash. Also it's EVs should be 252 Special Attack/ 252 HP/ 4 Speed instead.

taran47

Eevee Trainer
Since he said he decided against paraflinch, I would say that the changes with Thunder Wave are out. I do prefer Togekiss with a bit more bulk though, but if you think it's working, more power to you.

I would actually opt for a protect in place of Night Shade for you staller Dusclops, but again this is my personal preference, try what works for you.