• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

To Thine Own Pokemon Be True! (592)

BM14murph

Master Collector
A main pokemon is gone from the second main characters team !!!! no way at all a ******* filler

and Mamoswine doesn't even listen to Dawn i don't think dat ep a while back didn't actually prove anything

I liked the episode i have to say nd da fact Ambipom is gone is kinda good like all of her pokemon hers nd not from another region

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Actually, I think Mamoswine will now listen to Dawn. All she needs to do is actually attempt using it, since its pretty clear Mamoswine IS interested.

Eteboss gone is little disappointing, but other than that, it was great episode.
At the end Wang(champ) said that his training camp is at Kanto. For a second, I thought I heard "Jhoto" because I was pretty sure that is where Ash will be going. So I had to go back and hear it again to be dismayed. Anyway, I guess they will meet when Ashes travel back to Pallet after the tournament.

HoennMaster

They had a pretty excited reaction when O said Kanto, so maybe she will get it back.

Dax

Legend
I loved Ambipom, she will be missed.:( Hopefully we can see her again, there's a possibility I just think there was so much potential on her character and it was never used completely.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
IT'S...Gender is not IMPORTANT to me...

Besides, the main characters release their pokemon so often that it's not a big deal to me anymore. Hell, Ash practically shoves his crap in a box when he moves to a new world so...
See, this is the crap that worried me about this release rather than the release itself. "So often"? There has not been a main team release since Vulpix, which was 9 freakin' years ago.

And I really don't get why people still aren't convinced Mamoswine is obedient in spite of its lack of interest in contests. Ever since DP119, it has behaved itself whenever let out of its ball. It doesn't need some lengthy demonstration. Seems like you all have a dire case of Mamoswine Flu. Get it? Insenitive and topical! =D

uber gon

Accept Change
At least Ambipom will provide a feasible explaination if we never see her in Kanto, she switches hands WAY too much.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
And I really don't get why people still aren't convinced Mamoswine is obedient in spite of its lack of interest in contests.
No no, see, it's obviously pretending to not care(as seen by it cracking an eye open during Dawn's contest training and getting interested in her contest battle) so it's not perfectly conforming to what it needs to do, therefore it is DISOBEDIENT!

Also, since it's apparently the cool thing to do to say how much you'll miss Ambipom...I won't miss it a lick. It, like every other one of Dawn's Pokemon, is/was incredbly boring and it has completely failed to make me give a damn about it during its entire run.

What happend to match when dawn was facing this guy with a shiftry? (Cant spell that)
I like ping pong anyway.
Wow! I never seen people like doing it so hard with the ball!
And meouth is stupid.
I will miss Ampipom. She'll miss Dawn and also ash when she was on his team.

Last edited:

AeroLugia

Frost Trainer
NO!

What were they thinking? I mean, Ambipom is a legend and now they release him. This is even worse than the butterfree release thing, and that was pretty bad.

I say let's have a tribute to all the released pokemon;012;;269;;424;;390; (Only sort of for chimmy coz Ash picked him up)

pokefan16

Well, I'm still hoping ambipom will return in the GF or probably in the BF arc... Why Would they release a 4th gen pokemon... Writers! it's a 4th Gen Pokemon piff!

Darkxninga

Poor...Poor...Ambi..Why writers..WHY!? what were you all thinking writers!??! ._. -sniff sniff- we seen little ambi since johto (or it was Hoen cant remember ) when it was little monkey and it never got annoying and when it evolved it was great and then THIS!? >_> The horror... Ambi....you will be missed.

I wonder if Dawn will get anymore pokemon that will in be Dawns 5th pokeball. She has so little pokemon now.... and yet she still doesnt do much with her other pokemon besides piplup of course. Im not surprised Ambi was in this episode though but ..........I was so sad to see Ambi in that car leaving.

Now that Ambi is gone what about Dawns appeals? That last contest appeal ( in the english ones) was boring. Same old ice beam stuff and that slide was beh. We need Ambi to do that job....too bad it didnt have that many times of appeal.

Overall this episode was good except the monkey being released.
I just hope the writers got something in on this thats interesting but wont make the poke watchers explode like the posts are here about ambi leaving.

So long Ambipom ;424;

Last edited:
I think the only chance of seeing Ambipom again is that the trio travel through Kanto to get to Johto and they pop in on it in training.
I enjoyed the episode though - something a bit different, you know? When Ambipom was juggling, I'll admit I laughed a little when it grabbed both their hats, showing affection for the both of them. Also, kudos to the writers remembering Jessie's short lived time with Aipom!

ambipom is one of my favorite pokemon that dawn has :'( . im gunna miss it !!!
cant believe ambipom is going away, its one of dawn's best pokemon ...
this just sucks !!! :'[ .
this episode in english dub could be called "Ping Pong Ambipom"