• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

To Thine Own Pokemon Be True! (592)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Ambipom, really, won't be taken out of the opening at all (until they replace High Touch and whatnot for a future saga/season). But thank goodness, she's still in the opening. :) And yeah, Ambipom's not actually traded, since Dawn kept her Pokeball (I think?), Ambipom's just training I believe. Hope she just doesn't end up like Primeape and never appears in the anime. Which I DONT want to happen.

The DP anime is pretty good with making hints/foreshadowing for future events and episodes though.

DarkZerkerX

Master Coordinator
This was a decent episode, kinda overhyped but its ok. Nothing special but Ambipom leaving was a nice twist. Didnt really build anybodys character exept maybe dawn....

Vernikova

Champion
Ambipom is gone. Finally.

Anyway, Ö, or however you spell that, was really cool. Meowth using Fury Swipes was funny. This is probably one of my favorite episodes this season.

Gipauchii

Elite Trainer
The way the writers killed Ambipom off the show was very crappy. I would be willing to argue that Ambipom is/was the best Pokemon on her team, or at least the one with the best moveset. And then it decides to give up its love of Contests that it had ever since BF/DP, leave the only people it has known and loved to go and train with complete strangers for a goal that it had just started doing the previous day? I'm sorry, but that's just a poor excuse and lousy work on the writers part. If they wanted to get rid of Ambipom, at least they could have given it a better reason than this.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Just watched this episode. I really didn't like much of it. The ending was sad, and I was ecstatic to hear Make A Wish - Jirachi Wishmaker again. The thing is, Ash said see you soon. I think she's going to come back.

Flash-Agent

***** please...
Re-hashes

Chim gets charmander'd
Starly evolves like Swellow
Mamo follows Charizard

... and now they let ambipom follow primeape?

I actually thought Dawn would win the contest, after which Mamo would pop out of his ball and eat all of the food like Snorlax would cause THAT is EXACTLY how predictive they are these days. Come on.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was not that interesting. The only things I got to say are that I found it a little cool to add pokemon into the game of ping pong as well as Ambipom leaving the team was surprising (at least to me it was).

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Re-hashes

Chim gets charmander'd
Starly evolves like Swellow
Mamo follows Charizard

Very much disagree with that statement. Chimchar is very different from Charmander. While it is true that they were both abandoned by their trainers, there are numerous differences. Charmander adapted to the team right away, but Chimchar had to assimilate to a brand new enviornment after being with Paul. As well, Chimchar has much more of a backstory than Charmander ever had, and many times, the past comes back and has an effect on the story.

I should not debate subject too long. After all, this is an episode discussion about Ambipom's release.

As for the subject of Ambipom's release being similar to Primeape's, I will refer to my earlier post:

As well, I see a big difference between this and the Ash/Primeape release episode. For one, Primeape won the competition it entered, even though it should have not done that well, given lack of experience and the opponents. Dawn and Ambipom got far, but they lost. Ambipom leaving is trying to fulfill potential that is seen within her. Primeape left because it was already the champion, and really couldn't stick around with Ash.

milenadrg

I didn't really liked this episode! I still can't beilive Ambipom leaved to play that Ping-Pong and Dawn crying like some baby was really annoying...

-I dunno why, but I'm pumped for this episode. xD
-Naw, Brock doesn't enter (as usual) ):
-Darn. Why does Dawn get a colour screen for her Poketch. xD
-How does O catch the ping-pong ball without burning his hand? o.o
-Wow, there's sure alot of people in the ping pong contest...
-Barry seems to be in love with ping pong...
-Ahh. Brock's so naive. -.- Obviously not James or anything.
-Haha, well Jessie was out fast.
-How on Earth does a ping pong ball catch fire like that? Surely it's not travelling THAT fast. -sigh- Anime physics.
-Naw, Ash loses first round too. Depressing :(
-Meowth's taking the blame? Nawww :(
-Ahh, Barry had such a short match D:
-Wow, Ambipom did really well by herself - feels like she won the match faster than if Dawn was playing as well o.o
-Well, Dawn lost too... No surprises, I guess. This episode isn't supposed to be ceentered around a victory.
-I know what's coming up next... And not liking it :( I don't want Ambipom to leave...
-The music being played when Ash has flashbacks with Aipom sounds kinda mysterious and creepy. o.o
-Nawww, Ambipom took both Ash's and Dawn's hats xD

Alright, I have to complain a bit.
Ambipom started out with Ash, an even followed him to Sinnoh. And now she just leaves like this :(
I really would've liked it if Ambipom stayed or was returned to Ash. Ambipom made a good contest Pokemon, and to top it off, was cute.
I would've preferred if Ambipom was Oaked. At least it doesn't mean Ambipom gone forever... :/

Good episode :)
Sad to see Ambipom leave, in my opinion it was one of the best Pokemon that Dawn has. Hopefully we will get the chance to see him in some future episodes

Linkdarkside

the episode was awesome and it sad that Ambipom leave.

any one knows the sad music that played wend Ambipom was chosing?

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
I know many of you are upset because of Ambipom's farewell, but regardless of that it was a great episode

Brock and James hugging each other sure cracked me up. Definitely, the funniest moment besides Ash holding a fan.

Of course, Ash had to lose. But you know what? Although I'm a huge Ash-fan, I'm not disappointed about it. His defeat gave the show authenticity, because letting him win a discipline which hasn't much to do with Pokemon battling and which he has never done before would be quite illogical. The way the writer handled it was realistic and fortunately avoided any DEM methods. That's what we want to see!

I also like how Jessie constantly moaned about her defeat and put on a hurt face ^^ Haha, that looked hilarious.

Now let me say a few words about the Ambipom-issue:
I do understand that some of you are disappointed or even angry but calling this episode the worst one of the DP saga is over the top if you ask me.
PokemonHero hit the nail on its head when he /she said:
Ambipom has already done a lot in this saga. I mean, she took part in three Gym battles (two with Ash, one with Dawn), four Contests (two of which resulted ultimately in a Dawn win), as well as being traded and evolving. That's a lot more focus than people are realizing.
The fact that there are Pokemon which have to leave our heroes has been a part of the Anime since the very first episodes. So, what was so special about Ambipom that justifies your complaints?
It wasn't even one of Ash's Pokemon and Ash is still the main hero after all. To be honest I've never been a huge fan of Ambipom because firstly, its voice was way too aggressive and shrill, secondly, it wasn't heroic at all, but behaved like a clown and thirdly, I think that Chimchar should be the only(the "true" so to speak) monkey in our heroes' team.
Now some of you are complaining that Ambipom's farewell came out of the blue and couldn't be expected. But if you think back you'll remember that before the episode in which Charizard left, there were absolutely no indications that this would happen either, right? ;)
Let me ask you something: Have you ever found something which totally fascinated you? Something you were hooked on? Sure, Ambipom loved competing in contests but we mustn't forget that it hadn't known ping pong yet back then. Let me give you an example: I was impressed and overwhelmed when I first saw Lance and thought that he was the best of the best. Then I met Cynthia an everything changed...:crush: ( I still like Lance though^^)
We THOUGHT(!) that Ambipom's passion were contest, but it hasn't found its true destiny until now. (The same applies to us humans. It often takes us many years to find the right profession, for instance.) This is a highly profound motif and I don't get why you keep asserting that the reason why the writers made Ambipom leave was insufficient. From my point of view the writers came up with a perfect reason for its farewell. I do not see any inconsistencies or a lack of quality here.
In its last episode all of Ambipom's qualities were featured once again and we witnessed a really moving and worthy farewell scene during which even I had to try hard not to shed tears.

An awesome but also touching episode which gets

7.5 out of 10 points

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

any one knows the sad music that played wend Ambipom was chosing?

It's an instrumental version of the ending theme for the Jirachi movie. "Chiisaki Mono" (which I don't know what that translates to an English unless it's the same as the American name of the song, "Make a Wish.")

HoennMaster

Yeah that was funny. This was a really good filler. I was sad to see Ambipom go.

BTW, I know this isn't filler, just wanting to see people's reactions since according to everyone a filler episode is an episode without a gym battle.

Rex Kamex

BTW, I know this isn't filler, just wanting to see people's reactions since according to everyone a filler episode is an episode without a gym battle.

I was about to say...

... my mind nearly blew up...