• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

To Thine Own Pokemon Be True! (592)

Rebeccag

I enjoyed this episode and probably enjoyed it more than a contest episode. Brock andf James hugging each other cracked me up and also Jessie moaning as well about her defeat and her flashback to nearly getting Aipom. I think Ampipom made the right decsion as well and maybe we will see her again if they go back to Kanto. Overall a really good episode and for once there wasnt much that i was bored with and it didnt drag either for once

STICKTOPIA

Pokemon pin-pong in Vermillion City? Will ash and com will be there?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ping-Pong was a refreshing concept in the anime. Wish we'd get a few more sports in.

As for Ambipom leaving, it was sad, I wouldn't have thought it would leave after a few games of Ping-Pong. Just goes to show where it's loyalty was.

5/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode, i loved how Dawn didn't give up to Shiftry and his trainer.
And it was sad to see Ambipom leaving.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
They shouldn't have let Ambipom go. Part of it was just wrong to me. Although Ambipom proved to be really good at the pingpong, it seemed odd to me that Ambipom would just suddenly give up pokemon contests for them, when they established from very early on in Aipom/Ambipom's time on the show that it was into contests. It just didn't sit right with me. I did like the part where it juggled Ash and Dawn's hats, and the parts with Jessie and Dawn and Ash all thinking back on Aipom/Ambipom, but I still think Ambipom chose the pingpong playing a little too suddenly.

Otherwise, the episode is pretty good.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Thinking back, Aipom/Ambipom was really a pokemon of the whole group. So that made it extra sad when it left. The episode itself was pretty good. Nice opponent in O, and nice opponents in the entire field. There was also some build up to this, so it didn't feel all too sudden when Ambipom left.

It's still strange how I felt exactly the same feeling when I first read the Gliscor vs Scizzor title.. I just knew that something was going to happen because of the merchandise that gave away clues..

Cobalt_Latios

So, YTV aired this episode today, and while I knew Ambipom was going to released, I still decided to simply enjoy the episode anyways.

What does Vermilion have to do with Johto? If it's a foreshadow of anything, it's that they'll stop there on their way to/from Pallet after Ash's Sinnoh League and Dawn's Grand Festival.
Yeah, I figured that they could do that. A freakin' big shock that he's from Vermilion, of all places.

It's still strange how I felt exactly the same feeling when I first read the Gliscor vs Scizzor title.. I just knew that something was going to happen because of the merchandise that gave away clues..
I find it funny that you mention that, if only because one of the teams during the Ping Pong tournament involved a Gliscor. Which is either coincidence that it appears in an episode with one of the main team is sent off, or tremendous irony.

I laughed a bit from thinking that out. It's probably more coincidence, but it is very amusing.

C_L

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This episode wasn't bad, but I also hated it. Ambipom was one of my favourite Pokemon, and to see it given away to some Ping-Pong (really, of all things?) nobody was sad. I have to admit, the ending got me. Saying goodbye to Ambipom was bad enough, and then I hear the instrumental of May's Lullaby, and I blasted the volume up. My eyes were wet, but that was probably because of my stupid cold.

Overall, 7.5/10.

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
^feel better soon hol123.
Goodbye eps are always sad to me, no matter how well there presented b/c I always remember the pokemon (or ocassionally human's) time on the show. Ambipom in particular had a strong impact on the group, beginning w/ it's playful following and hat-swiping of Ash to it's contest work w/ Dawn. Heck even JESSIE got positive chara development due to that unoffocial contest win (I would put that as the turning point in Jess' coordinator career as the confidence she gained from that spured her to practice new techniques and flaunt the poke more than herself) so that flashback was extra moving.
How cute was it when Meowth sliced up that ball? Reminds me of our dog whose always rough on his toys. Meowth apologizes for the loss was so nice, he srsly did intend a honest win for Jess, and it gets me pumped for the English premiere of CrossDressalina where he'll make good on his promise, along w/ James and Carnivine's helping.
Also, Barry~~~ added that extra bit of humor. Paul better watch out, he has another mancrush. I don't think O being from Vermilion will turn out to be significant later, but atleast we know where Ambipom is going and it's not Generic Anime Town #190. I'll miss her but figure she'll be happy and well cared for so it's a good ending albeit bittersweet.

allaboutthecute

When I grow up
...times a hundred.

;424; ;424;;424;;424;

These Ambipom went to my post trying to fill the void in all our hearts. Which is impossible.

First they tried storming to whoever thought of/supported the episode, but they left when they were almost hit by an ice beam attack.

R.I.P. sanity. :'(

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I enjoyed this episode. I liked the whole Ping-Pong tournament and Ambipom did great. It was sad to see it go because it got so much screen time and development that it seemed like a waste. But overall this was a great episode.

Well, that's the end of Ambipom. He was the greatest purple monkey anyone ever knew.

So long, Ambipom! We'll see each other again some day!

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Ambipom would have been great in the grand festival...Its going to be a little for Dawn to win contests without Ambipom

G50

No longer posting
This episode was very cool but also sad. It was cool to see Kenny, Ash, Dawn, and Barry all participate in the Ping-Pong competition. It was rough seeing Ambipom being given away, 1st traded, and now gone... It was interesting to see Dawn and Ambipom lose in the Ping-Pong tournament. It was interesting how Dawn used the pointing method to have Ambipom decided what it wanted to do. It was cool to see Aipom flashbacks when she would steal Ash's hat, etc. Ambipom really loved Ping-Pong. The Ping-Pong tournament was great to see.

80/100

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Caught this episode again on DisneyXD at 2am the other morning (strange time to be on, but eh..) and I realised that the whole time I'd been complaining about the loss of my favourite monkey, I paid no attention to the fact that they actually made the effort to involve Ash in the situation..

Now i'm not saying it was done well, because Ash showed basically no emotion when she left, despite initially hating the thought of trading her to Dawn.. but it did make me smile when they showed flashbacks from when Aipom was both caught and when she was found to be following Ash to Sinnoh. Plus it was nice that Ambipom paid just as much attention to Ash before leaving as she did to Dawn..

Did the episode and excuse for release suck in general? Yes.. but I realised that there were in fact a few little things that I did quite like. Who would've thought it?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Caught this episode again on DisneyXD at 2am the other morning (strange time to be on, but eh..) and I realised that the whole time I'd been complaining about the loss of my favourite monkey, I paid no attention to the fact that they actually made the effort to involve Ash in the situation..

Now i'm not saying it was done well, because Ash showed basically no emotion when she left, despite initially hating the thought of trading her to Dawn.. but it did make me smile when they showed flashbacks from when Aipom was both caught and when she was found to be following Ash to Sinnoh. Plus it was nice that Ambipom paid just as much attention to Ash before leaving as she did to Dawn..

Did the episode and excuse for release suck in general? Yes.. but I realised that there were in fact a few little things that I did quite like. Who would've thought it?

Regardless the whole release was stupid and pointless. Waste of development and a good pokemon.

At the least Ambipom should have returned for the Grand Festival and be in the Zoey match instead of that Togekiss.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I too would have liked to see her return for the Grand Festival, but unfortunately that was never going to happen, thanks to the 'Ping Pong OR Contests' choice which was laid out before her.. and the fact she was going all the way back to Kanto to play the stupid game.