• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toaster Mayhem [BSRMT]

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Here's my 2nd venture into the Battle Subway, and
thanks to new 5th Gen. mechanics, I can finally use
one of my favorite Pokémon.

Changes in white.

479-h.gif

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
252 HP/92 Def/84 SpD/80 Spe
❧ Levitate
➟ Trick
➟ Spite
➟ Flash
➟ Thunder Wave

Moveset is standard fare, but Spite can hopefully induce
struggling so a sweeper can set up easier. HP is maxed for
the best defensive potential, the Spe EV's outspeed all
Dugtrio (his fastest threat) before the Trick and the rest are
dumped for the best defensive potential
. His unique typing gives
him 7 resistances and only 3 weaknesses, all of which are
resisted by...

640.gif

Virizion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
252 Spe/212 HP/46 Atk
❧ Heart of Justice
➟ Substitute
➟ Leaf Blade
➟ Sacred Sword
➟ Swords Dance

Hey! It's Brel... Wait. Wut? Thanks to Rotom resisting 3 of his
5 weaknesses, he should have no trouble switching into battle
Sub and SD are obvious, while Leaf Blade/Sacred Sword
form a great STAB combo. Spe is maxed to at best tie with
Infernape, the HP EV's are Lefties +1 with the rest dumped
into Atk.

437.png

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
252 HP/252 SpA/6 Def
❧ Levitate
➟ Substitute
➟ Calm Mind
➟ Iron Defense
➟ Flash Cannon

CMIDZong. One weakness makes it easy for him to get in and
set up. Flash Cannon was chosen because nothing is immune
to it, and it gets STAB.

Rate away.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
bs stands for bullshit lol. also LEGENDS EVERYWHERE OH MY GOD.

Anyway, applying actual damage forumulae and mechanics, Rotom can be running a better spread. Slightly better, but better. Change the defensive EVs to 252 HP / 92 Def / 84 SpDef. A tiny change but yeah, you get better defensive potential that way, as perfectly equalising your stats isn't actually the best way of going about it.

As individuals, they're both fine, but I'm conscious of how Latios and Virizion share some weaknesses. Virizion is walled by a lot. DDMence or DDNite can absolutely shred you if they're bulky enough. Gengar may be able to take a hit and Sludge Bomb the hell out of you, then Shadow Ball Latios. These are just rough guesses but potential problems and the only real way around it is to be sure you get a full setup with Virizion. And here is another problem; while its weaknesses are covered nicely, Virizion can't come in on everything. Ghosts will give you a hard time if they get Scarfed. I cannot imagine a worse situation for you than if you trick the Scarf onto a Shandera, which will happily sweep.

It may sound odd when you have a Fighting Type, but how do you intend to deal with Normals? Before you laugh, think about it. If you try to get a full setup on a Normal opponent, it will cause some serious damage and you may be left Subless. If you don't get the full setup then you're open to attacks from some of the stuff I mentioned earlier, which could be an equally big problem.

The long and the short of what I'm trying to say is that your Lead doesn't need to cover only your team members' weaknesses, it needs to cover them completely. The reason why LatiCario works so well, for example, is because except for Flying, there is nothing of threat to a Lucario switching in from a Latias which had taken either a neutral or super effective hit. It cannot take even a Neutral hit, bar Flying, because the synergy is so strong.

Anyway I'm rambling. What I should be suggesting is that you change Latios for something that can take Poison, Ghost, Normal and Dragon hits. It seems that, although it shares Virizion's Fire weakness, a Steel is suitable for the job. I really see no reason why Empoleon wouldn't work (although this leaves you open slightly to Fighting). Jirachi can work too; a Calm Mind set can do the job.

um yeah. Just give this a think and see what you can come up with, I suppose.

Really I was ranting about nothing there. It's a good team but I think it could have these problems.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
LEGENDS EVERYWHERE OH MY GOD

U mad?

Anyway, applying actual damage forumulae and mechanics, Rotom can be running a better spread. Slightly better, but better. Change the defensive EVs to 252 HP / 92 Def / 84 SpDef. A tiny change but yeah, you get better defensive potential that way, as perfectly equalising your stats isn't actually the best way of going about it.

Fair enough. *Changes*

Yea, I see what you mean about the synergy, and a steel type
would make all the difference. Jirachi would be perfect, but
it's banned, so what about something like Bronzong?

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
I have some doubts about Bronzong(though I'm rather rusty from any Frontier), because it lacks recovery. Are you sure it can keep its sub through an entire match? Because I personally feel that it leaves a lot to chance with access to only 3 Subs(or 4, I wouldn't know exactly), and with the Frontier being haxxy as it is, there maybe some instances where you wish you could throw up an extra sub.

I do see why you need the Dragon resist however, so I'd just like to suggest that maybe a different steel type would be better.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
I have some doubts about Bronzong(though I'm rather rusty from any Frontier), because it lacks recovery. Are you sure it can keep its sub through an entire match? Because I personally feel that it leaves a lot to chance with access to only 3 Subs(or 4, I wouldn't know exactly), and with the Frontier being haxxy as it is, there maybe some instances where you wish you could throw up an extra sub.

I do see why you need the Dragon resist however, so I'd just like to suggest that maybe a different steel type would be better.

Lucario can survive. 'nuff said.

But yeah Joe, HFB makes a valid point about recovery. Get those Leftovers off Virizion and onto Bronzong, it needs them far more.

Last edited:

[GS]

Staring at my phone
You guys are absolutely right. *Changes*

Hell, at this point, Breloom is starting to look like a
better choice. He gets solid recovery thanks to Poison
Heal, although his defenses are crappy. Any thoughts
on this?

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Virision has much better SpD, but crappy Def. Difficult decision, really. Breloom's 130 base Attack might be useful tho.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Adamant / Poison Heal
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break / Drain Punch / Focus Punch
- Rock Slide / Seed Bomb

herp a derp