1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Tobias vs Alain - The Saltiest Battle

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Bortgreen, Sep 2, 2019.

?

Who wins

1. Tobias with his legendary team

32 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Alain and his broken Mega Charizard

16 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. PokemonBattleFanatic-

PokemonBattleFanatic- Well-Known Member

The way I see it Tobias's full team is the equivalence of having 6 Ash Charizards which are all capable of sweeping half a team,Darkrai swept half of Ash's team and Latios nearly swept the rest.Imagine going through the other 4 legendaries.

2. Genaller

Genaller May 16th 2016 - October 12th 2019

Sure and MC-X is op enough to take out around 5 of Ash’s Charizard stamina drain included.

Lunalah likes this.
  3. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

We can't accurately say who'd win unless it's 2 on 2, since the writers have never revealed who the other four Pokemon are. And that's because Tobias is not a character, he is a plot device

4. J.Agera

J.Agera Happy Birthday to Pokémon The Series XY!

To be fair, Ash's team against Tobias wasn't very ....good.

Lunalah likes this.
  5. Genaller

Actually it was fairly good ( at the time I’d say every pokémon in that battle was in Ash’s top 10). It’s just that MC-X has shown himself to be so far above that lvl that he would utterly eviscerate the pokémon Ash used against Tobias as they were then (sans maybe SL Peakachu, but even he would only be able to give MC-X a low difficulty fight at best).

Lunalah, mehmeh1 and J.Agera like this.
  6. Torkoal was Ash's weakest Fire type. No way he was in Top-10. Barring Torkoal, his other Pokemon were surely strong enough!!

7. Genaller

Yup he was borderline fodder tier.... as of the Hoenn League. Since then it trained at Oak’s Lab and by late Battle Frontier it was good enough to give Brandon’s Registeel a competitive fight which easily puts Torkoal over every Ash Fire type sans Zard and Ape. Darkrai wrecking Torkoal is more a testament to how awesome Darkrai is.

8. PokemonKnight

PokemonKnight #1 Sylveon Fan

*Insert writer's favorite would win here comment*

Seriously, this is nearly impossible to argue. Tobias only has two known Pokemon (oh, but what Pokemon) and we should assume he has some strong Pokemon to capture those beasts. For Alain, we know fairly well how MCX operates and a little bit about Metagross. Otherwise, we only saw his other Pokemon once and they battled Ash's strongest regional team. The sample size is too small.

Really, the fight comes down to your opinion of MCX and Tobias' trollish duo.

maartjeverhoef, J.Agera and Genaller like this.
  9. Kuzehiko

Kuzehiko Well-Known Member

Tobias hands down if he has a full team of legendary Pokemon.

/thread

10. thedarkdragon11

thedarkdragon11 P4P Elite

Darkrai alone would sweep Alain's Team minus Metagross and Charizard... Latios would beat Metagross and damage Mega Charizard X... Tobias' 3rd would defeat Mega Charizard X...

11. Emelie

Emelie Bookworm

Well, Alain doesn't want to use the Mega Ring anymore out of respect for the tragedy after the Kalos league when Team Flare was involved...

We also don't know what other Pokémon Tobias has. Mabye he has a Mega evolution too?

I also don't think the fact that Pikachu won against Latios means much since Pikachu also did well during the battle with Alain. Satoshi was probably smarter in DP since he had more creative strategies than in XY when he mostly relied on Greninja.

12. Genaller

Wrong; Alain just doesn’t want to use the ones Lysandre gave him and explicitly stated he wanted to find his own Key Stone and Mega Stone, so we can assume he eventually will find them (he tends to accomplish his goals), and even if not, we can just say that this is Alan as of the Kalos League Finals.

No he doesn’t since Mega Evolution wasn’t conceptualized at the time. What other pokémon he has barring Darkrai and Latios is nothing more than baseless speculation on our part.

Pikachu was definitively superior against Alain based on scaling from Alain’s Base Charizard. Yeah I never understood why people keep saying this when it objectively isn’t true. First of all I’ve seen every single battle that both versions of Ash have had, and XY Ash had a decisively superior number of positive tactical feats as well as fewer mistakes. 2nd of all DP Ash relied way more on Infernape (2 wins in gyms 5 through 8) than XY Ash did on Greninja. Finally no having your pokémon attack whilst spinning in an omnidirectional pattern doesn’t make you more creative especially when the flaw in said tactic was pointed out in the very same battle it was most prominently featured in (vs Fantina) after which it was only used sparingly (and only in the 2 full battles vs Paul) when there were plenty of other opportunities to use it.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  13. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

So guessing by the title, I suppose this thread is to determine who is the most saltiest lol? The Tobias defenders or the Alain defenders. So whose winning?

mehmeh1 likes this.
  14. PokemonBattleFanatic-

PokemonBattleFanatic- Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting on Lord Trollbias to share his opinion on this if that ever happens.

PorcelainVulpix, mehmeh1 and shoz999 like this.
  15. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

The people that brought popcorn, of course!

shoz999 likes this.
  16. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

I brought in the lasagna!

mehmeh1 likes this.
  17. Kuzehiko

Kuzehiko Well-Known Member

I changed my mind.
    I'll give it to Alain. The fact Darkrai's Tobias's Ace Pokemon makes me think he didn't own any other legendaries in his team stronger than Darkrai. Also, didn't Tobias say Gible's Draco Meteor could have knocked out any Pokemon in his team except Darkrai? We knew for sure Tobias did not beat Cynthia as she still remains as the Champion of Sinnoh in BW. Alain and his MCX are at least E4 level and they went toe to toe against Steven who is the champion of the Hoenn region. Alain has better feats to take this imo.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  18. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

What third? We have literally zero idea what his other four Pokemon because Tobias is, say it with me, not a character but a pure plot device to prevent Ash from winning a league. He might as well have 4 Sunkerns, there is no explanation given for why he even has legendaries, he is pure plot and nothing else

And yes, I am still salty about it a decade later, it was the most obvious and cheapest way to get Ash to lose the league to date

19. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix justice for johto

Brings back bad flashbacks from 2010

Me: wow ash has really grown as trainer he might do good in the Sinnoh league
    Writers: mhmm
    Me: and he just beat his toughest rival yet!
    Writers: yep
    Me: I think he might actually win
    Writers: hmm looks like it it’d be shame if we added a twist like NOT ONE BUT TWO FREAKING LEGENDARIES TO CRUSH HIS DREAMS

..yep, still salty. :/

Emelie likes this.
  20. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

There's a recent tweet by Yuji Asada, the director of Diamond & Pearl, that confirmed Tobias only had legendary Pokemon.

Kuzehiko and Emelie like this.