• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Today's Downtime

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I apologise for unexpected elongated downtime which occurred this morning.

Originally, we were trying to fix the bug which caused the server to collapse twice in the past week. However, in doing so, the server stopped being able to boot up, going a bit wibbley, and so it took a while to fix.

Think we've fixed it so we should be home free now.

My apologies again

~Serebii

Ew. That sounds like one nasty bug. Good to hear it was taken care of.

luckily i slept off most of the downtime. glad to here its fixed.

I think I was there for one of the other collapses you mentioned, but thankfully I was able to access the Forums pretty quickly. Keep up the good work, and thanks for all of your hard work!

Captain Brain

At first I thought something happened at my end, I'm just glad the issue was resolved. ;025;

Earlier on, serebiiforums was down, and as explained, due to a previous glitch. Was that a related incident?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Earlier on, serebiiforums was down, and as explained, due to a previous glitch. Was that a related incident?
Yeah it was.

The PHP settings got overwritten when we were solving things so there will be a couple of slight bugs while we fix it

Report:
I believe the glitch is also currently affecting profile pictures, as it is preventing me from editing my profile pic.

edit: It's still not working.

Last edited:

Baby_Cakes

I'm having a problem uploading a profile picture...It fits the file requirements, but everytime I click on submit it sends me to a message about the bug trying to get fixed and then logs me out! What gives?

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
Ah, good there's nothing wrong with this brand-new computer. Glad to see the bug was squished [/cheesy_joke]

It seems the profile picture glitch is fixed, or at least for me.

No. The glitch is still there. I just checked. It appears whenever you try to upload a profile pic from another website. If you upload a profile pic from your computer, it doesn't appear.

That's what I've narrowed it down to.