• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Togepi used....Special Rend?? The Metronome Thread!

~*Scyther*~

Lets discuss our funny Metronome moments here!
Togepi, freshly hatched from HG. I would put it in front of my party and switch it at the beginning of every battle until it got strong enough to fight on its own. Then I found a random pokemon ( i think mareep) and used metronome, SPECIAL REND! At the time I didn't even know what it was beause I hadn't beaten Pearl (HG was my 1st 4th gen game) I just think thats funny. Seen as how many metronom post I had on my funny/Lucky/Ironic thread, I figured metronome deserved its own thread too!

zerofield

i miss miror
I pretty much never get good moves off of metronome. I had whitney's clefairy drop a sacred fire and a roar of time on me though.

ArtCelJirArcRes

Professional Eater of Doritos
In my PMD Explorers of Sky, Mew used Magma Storm, Fire Blast, and Thunder. Did I forget that when I used Mew against a Challenge Letter- sending Grumpig, Mew used, out of all of the moves, Splash. D:

No. 1 Machop Fan

I have 3.

The first time I used Metronome was with my Poliwhirl in Yellow. I used it while battling Magikarp... and it turned into EXPLOSION! Talk about a bad first impression!

Much later, again in Yellow, I used the Mew Glitch to get a Mew of my own. It knew Metronome when I faced a wild Ditto on Cinnabar Island. The Ditto transformed into it, and then used Metronome... AND IT TURNED INTO SPLASH!!!!! No opponent has used Metronome against me in that game apart from that!

In Diamond, I had a Togetic with the move. I used it in a Double Battle at the restaurant at Valor Lakefront, and it turned into DARK VOID! Both opponents were suddenly put to sleep, and I won hands down. I'll add, also, that Darkrai had not been released at that point, so I learned the animation before I was supposed to! :p

Charoshi

Charmander is best
My friend and I used to play that Pokemon XD Metronome Battle CD, and try to guess which attack would come up next. I hope we're not the only ones who did that.

Also, on my recent platinum play through, I had brutal luck with metronome. The first attack it did was selfdestruct. In fact 2 of the first 5 attacks were selfdestructs. I had almost no good attacks at all until he evolved. It was painful.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
In Diamond, I had a Togetic with the move. I used it in a Double Battle at the restaurant at Valor Lakefront, and it turned into DARK VOID! Both opponents were suddenly put to sleep, and I won hands down. I'll add, also, that Darkrai had not been released at that point, so I learned the animation before I was supposed to! :p

Getting Dark Void was funny despite you not knowing about Darkrai back then.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
I seem to remember getting Fire Blast against a Scizor back in the original Silver... good times...

And the move is called "Spacial Rend." Palkia is the deity of space, so the attack is "Spacial Rend," not "Special Rend." Common mistake.

~*Scyther*~

Wow looks like some good Metronomes!

I seem to remember getting Fire Blast against a Scizor back in the original Silver... good times...

And the move is called "Spacial Rend." Palkia is the deity of space, so the attack is "Spacial Rend," not "Special Rend." Common mistake.

and oops.....lol my bad

thunder_dragon2

~VirtualSpiritz
Caught a Togepi on that island thing (I think) in D/P/PPT...
"Heh, it's got Metronome, let's toy with it for a bit :3"
-Togepi used Seed Flare!-
"o_O"

girazard

IT'S A TRAP!!!
Explosion. 'Nuff said.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
In silver, my level 13-14ish Togepi took down Whitney's Miltank. It's first metronome turned into Blizzard that froze it, then got sharpen and a couple of other decent moves then spammed headbutt until it K.O'ed.

And in FireRed, while training my newly hatched Togepi outside of Pallet Town, metronome turned into Volt Tackle. The funny thing was, I saw the Ash's Pikachu use Volt Tackle for the first time a week or two earlier. So I freaked the f*** out and tried to do it again, but got Sacred Fire and Hydro Cannon and instead.

Flame Mistress

I remember, once I got Psycho Boost with Metronome. Too bad it was against Cynthia's Spiritomb...

Also, once Metronome got Transform and turned into Kyogre in HG, so it was Kyogre vs. Kyogre. Yippee.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I only used Togepi in Crystal so i don't really remember, but my AI opponents always get moves like "Follow Me" and "Helping Hand" and "String Shot". It would be nice to see a time-space controlling togepi for once.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I remember HG that togepi used ROAR OF TIME. And another shocing thing for me, My togpi used JUDGEMENT against whitney. Fear the deity egg!

i HINK IN PLAT. , IT IS AN ENEMY METRO WITH LUSTER PURGE

It turned into...
BLAST BURN!!!
Yeah!