• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Togepi used....Special Rend?? The Metronome Thread!

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I was EV training my Togepi and it used Judgement on a Starly. It was judged unworthy.

Some friends and I have Metronome battles every so often. I can't remember most of what happened... I remember my friend's Chansey got a Final Gambit on his opponent's Blissey.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
I was EV training my Togepi and it used Judgement on a Starly. It was judged unworthy.

Some friends and I have Metronome battles every so often. I can't remember most of what happened... I remember my friend's Chansey got a Final Gambit on his opponent's Blissey.

Pretty funny, how they discovered Arceus was going to appear in D/P/P was that a togepi used Judgement on a starly o.o

Shinies

<-- 200 Re's 11/2/12
Togepi used..... ??? some move that I don't remember from Pokemon Gold.
It was epic but because my Togepi was level 10 it didn't 1 hit Knockout :D

abrar14

Statter Master
Togepi used judgement on a blissey >.<

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Pretty funny, how they discovered Arceus was going to appear in D/P/P was that a togepi used Judgement on a starly o.o

thats interesting. hypotheticaly couldn't someone transfer a bunch of Metrenomers into B/W and see what moves they get? :p like that voice move or whatever.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
It's wierd how all the good moves seem to happen outside of the big battles.

Miltank use Rollout! It missed!
Me: Alright Togepi! Finish it off!
Togepi used Metronome!
Togepi use Flash!

*gets entire team destroyed by Miltank*

Later....

Ratata use Quick Attack!
Togepi used Metronome!
Togepi used JUDGEMENT
Me: WTF?

espeon_155

Pokemon Prof.
I was battling a Sailor in the light house in Soul Silver and my Togepi used Sacred Fire on his Machop. The next few matches it used Sacred Fire again. It really does love Sacred Fire. lol

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
thats interesting. hypotheticaly couldn't someone transfer a bunch of Metrenomers into B/W and see what moves they get? :p like that voice move or whatever.

Hipotheticaly, it will take more than 1,000,000 The chances for getting one exact move varies on how many moves exist.
Wich means if we want to find a new move not yet realesed we would have to have a number of all the moves, so we now how many tries exactly. And we still cannot certainly find it out, let's say there is 1,000,000 moves, our chances are 1/1,000,000, for each 1,000,000 times we use metronome we have one chance of getting that move, and if we don't get it after another 1,000,000 our chances are now doble 2/1,000,000 if we keep doing this our chances go higher. Yet it is not worth it when we can just search trough a 3rd party devices for new moves.

Jameson1

Mes amis
While battling Whitney in Crystal version, her Togepi unleashed an Aeroblast... That was probably the most surprised I've ever been during a gym battle.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
While battling Whitney in Crystal version, her Togepi unleashed an Aeroblast... That was probably the most surprised I've ever been during a gym battle.

My togepi used aeroblast against bugsy's scyther and it saved my life because I picked chikorita as my starter and I only had those two. Other than that I don't remember what else.

One time I was in Mt. Battle in Pokemon Colosseum when using the Battle Mode. I was at the 99th floor using my Mewtwo and Lugia against a Kyogre and something else. All of the Pokemon in battle were at full health when Mewtwo used Metronome. Mewtwo used Explosion, decimating everything in battle (including my Lugia); sending them from full health to zero in one blast.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Back in Silver version, where making stuff happy was a lot harder and TMs were sparse, not good when Togepi constantly gets Explosion (and it does barely anything).

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I've had multiple occasions in Heartgold where my Togepi got Selfdestruct or Explosion (one of those was against Morty's Gengar). However, probably the best was in Soulsilver, when Whitney's Clefairy got Hydro Cannon against my Growlithe. The bad part? Growlithe survived :p

Silverwindstudios

The Midnight Artist~
My favourite moment was with togepi...in Silver version.
Togepi was the only person in my party, I was training it up...when out of the grass, hops a SHINY LEDYBA! :V
I had no moves other than metronome, so I used it...Thank you togepi. And your blizzard attack. T^T

briguin

Dr. Geek
On HG, I was training Togepi in a cave (1. Which one, I don't remember. 2. Why I was training Togepi in a cave? Same answer.) and I used Metronome.

I used Dive. In a cave.

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
Ok, the othet day, my togepi would repeatedly punch with a flaming fist.
Met 1: fire punch
Met 3: fire punch.
Later same day: fire punch.
Oh yea, the lke 3rd time my togepi used meteonome: spacial rend. I also got roar of time. Against geodude.

Becoming

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
I was playing SS the other day and Togepi's Metronome used Spacial Rend. It defeated my opponent in one hit. The battle ended. The next battle I was thinking about Metronome using Roar of Time (as it's the counterpart to Spacial Rend). Guess what move it used?

I once had a Pokemon use Metronome and end up using Assist, so it went from one move that randomly shuffles between a long list of attacks to another move that shuffles between a much more limited list of attacks.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

I once had Metronome that became Psycho Boost. This was in my Platinum game and I was fighting Aaron at the time.