1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Tokyo Ghoul

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Blue Saturday, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

I saw the first episode of this horror anime and Jesus, so much blood and gore, not sure if I'll be able to stick with this from beginning to end but it seems interesting. Interesting twist with Hide's friend, I find Hide himself much more interesting than the MC unfortunately. why is it it always the sidecharacters I fall in love with? I liked the explanation of the Ghouls but the blood, constant gore and biting and various object impaling scenes were very cringe worthy. I felt for the MC when he bit into that burger though, that was painful in itself.

2. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

I just downloaded the first episode on a rec from a friend. I'm pretty desensitized to blood and gore so I think I can handle it, and the premise seems interesting.

3. Janovy

Janovy Banned

I don't mind the blood and gore, the concept seems fascinating and the first episode was thoroughly enjoyable.

Great music as well as animation.

4. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

I'm not usually disturbed by blood and gore, but this disturbed me a bit

I can't remember that feeling since Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Makes me want to stick with it, now

5. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

I marathoned the first three episodes tonight and I really like it. The gore isn't as bad as I had expected, and I like the visual style. Sort of reminds me of Another.

I find myself liking the characters too.

6. Eternal Darkness

After reading the manga, they really seem to be rushing through

I mean the pacing is great, but it's weird seeing things before they should be

But I like the things the anime added

Like the scene before the OP in the first episode. That was neat

7. Mister Melancholy

Mister Melancholy Valetshipping ♥

I'm usually bothered by gore, but I honestly didn't feel like it was that bad in this. Most of it is censored to death.

I think it's interesting so far and am anticipating the next installment every week. Haven't read the manga yet, but I think I will after this season is over.

8. Eternal Darkness

Wow, after reading it, they reordered a bunch of stuff and really burned through things. If this is one-cour, I hope it doesn't mean what I think it means, which is going through 80 chapters in 12-13 episodes

Also cutting out some minor and some fairly important stuff, though the important stuff can be explained later

9. Janovy

Janovy Banned

I don't read the manga but I read that this episode cut out a lot of crucial, and more importantly, cool stuff.

It was still a nice episode, nothing too amazing, but anime Kaneki seems a lot more gullible than manga Kaneki.

10. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

I just saw the first episode. Jesus Christ this is kind of weird. I'm not usually bothered by blood and gore and shows like Elfin Lied are my guilty pleasures but this

This puts a new twist on what the hell did I just watch