• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tokyo's Sprites ^^ Lookin for some tips and stuff

Well, I've been spriting for, ummmm, I think two months, Anyway I would like to get some Advice on how to improve my spriting. Some of them I made in paint and didn't feel like making them transparent.

Recolors
Ho-OhLugiadRecolor-1.png

CelebiAnimated.gif

CherryBlossomMilotic.png

TorterraRecolor.png

GliscorRecolor.png

Splices

NoahUbersplice.png

Nidozogarpiertoise.png

Herapratung.png

Vespiscythe.png

Nidonite.png

Motheary.png

Aquabunnygirl.png

Revamps & Devamps

LotadDevamp.png

CherrimDevamp.png

DragoniteDevamp.png

DragoniteGoldRevamp.png

DragonairRevamp-1.png

Other things

CharmanderizhidingazaLarvitar.png

Pinnequil-1.png

DualRetypingofPhanpy.png

(it's supposed to be a double retype Incase you were wondering)

Queen_Lugia

The Soul of Silver
Your revamps look good and so do your recolors. The only problem I can see that is noticeable is the Celebi recolor's eye is kind of weird. It's like you can see right through it. Was that intentional? If it wasn't, then you should re-transparentize it. (If it IS transparentized.)

Just beware of Yami Ryu. She can be very harsh on people. I should know. :( To see the sprites she 'criticized', click on this (No, I am NOT advertising. :mad:)

Last edited:
'kay, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, I prolly should fix Celebi's eye. I'll try and see if i can do that in GIMP, without de-animating it. (I made it in a diff program, but it was only a free trial which has since expired.)

Alder

Come at me bro
Your revamps look good and so do your recolors. The only problem I can see that is noticeable is the Celebi recolor's eye is kind of weird. It's like you can see right through it. Was that intentional? If it wasn't, then you should re-transparentize it. (If it IS transparentized.)

Just beware of Yami Ryu. She can be very harsh on people. I should know. :( To see the sprites she 'criticized', click on this (No, I am NOT advertising. :mad:)
I'm damn sick of this. Yami is the greatest crit-er here, and she does nothing but help. Sure, she may come off harsh, but she gives the best pointers and helps teh most people. Quit flaming her because she knows what she's doing.

Now, I really only crit splices.

Splices

NoahUbersplice.png
Mkay. Take the tail, look at the longer rock. Looks out of place. Almost as out of place as a rock tail being on this thing at all. Split that rock into two, see how that looks. Also, don't use mirror-wings, the shading gets f'd up.
Nidozogarpiertoise.png
Not horrible, but some shading bits here. The arm came from Rhyperior, and the only way you could've gotten teh full arm was to take it from the right of the sprite. But you used it on the left of this one. You've mirrored again, creating more shading problems. The lightsource on teh rest of the sprite comes from the arm's direction, but the arm is shaded as if the light source was coming from the opposite direction. Nonononono. The light source would have to come from behind the arm. Reshade. Also, the arm would cast a shadow on teh body.

Herapratung.png
Oen of the best. I like how you even move the eyes--but couldn't you scratch those? Not everything has to come from teh original sprite pixel for pixel. The tongue should cast a shadow on the stomach.
Vespiscythe.png
This si epic. I love it to death. Wish I'd thought of this. No crit here.

Nidonite.png
Really big, challenging-looking fusion--I like it. A few shading issues--see if you can tell what they are from mycrit on the others. BIG HINT: You mirror-winged again.

Motheary.png
Simple, but effective. A bit of light source confusion on teh backmost arm and teh frontmost puffball.

Aquabunnygirl.png
Doesn't flwo well from ears to hair. Cosplay really isn't my area, so I'll leave this alone.

Crit's in bold. Try scratching more onto your fusions, but for CP, they're pretty good.

Last edited:

Queen_Lugia

The Soul of Silver
Alder, I was not bashing YR, just telling Tokyo Oranges that YR can be harsh. I just didn't want a repeat of my situation happening. That is all. Trust me, you do NOT want to see me bashing someone, because it involves name-calling, ranting and profanity. So there. :mad:

@Tokyo Oranges: Sounds good. I can't wait to see the new version. :)

Last edited: