• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

too many legendaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemaster001

well, this is my first thread and I'm a little worried that there's another thread like this or people will think this is spam or something, but here goes...

in diamond and pearl, they added many new legendaries, 8 I think
platinum added 6 more, the birds and the regis, making the total 14
now in heart gold/soul silver there's going to be a way to get the legendaries in gold and silver (duh) and now you can get any of the hoenn or sinnoh main legendaries too, even though it was only recently announced
so the question is, are they going overboard with the legendary pokemon in this generation?

The Flash

I like shorts!
yes they are. the novelty of a few rare legends is being ruined from the many other crap legends that will sit in your box because they have no purpose except for you to chase them down.

Cpt_Justice

feraligatr ftw
definitely. thats one of my biggest, maybe only, real problems w. pokemon now a days. not only are there just too many overall (35 i think) and now theyre all going to be incredibly easy to get. with the exception of celebi i suppose.

now 1st gen mew, that was some legendary stuff. it literally BROKE UR S*** if u actually caught him...or there was a good chance it would. Im not saying they should still have impossible to get legendaries but w. some of em theres so many ways to get them now... think about it, rayquaza is now available in 5 OF THE LAST 8 GAMES. thats real "legendary"=/ milotic is still way harder to get than pretty much any legendary now...

i just wanna mention how unnecessary the lake trio is. they could not exist. no one would care.

Last edited by a moderator:

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
I really think that Heatran, Shaymin, and Cresselia should be regular Pokemon. Shaymin should get an evo (obviously Shaymin would be much weaker then it is right now) and Cresselia and Heatran would get prevolutions.

Eh, but they always add 5-10 legendaries every generation. Eventually, it's going to add up. And there's nothing they can do except stop making legendaries and reusing old ones, which would probably cause a bigger outcry than the fact that there's too many of them.

BCVM22

Has anyone yet mentioned that you aren't actually required to catch any of them (not even whomever you encounter on Mt. Coronet; you could just run away, really) to do... well, anything, and if they really bother you that much, you could, in fact, just leave Heatran alone in Stark Mountain and Cresselia roaming around Sinnoh and the lake trio in their caves...?

Anyone?

No one?

That's odd. You'd think two years later people would have realized that they're optional and not really worth complaining about.

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
Well... that's why there are optional legendary pokemon. You don't have to catch them, just leave them alone or you can KO them and not worry about catching the legendaries.

Theorymon

Shadow Tagist
Honestly, I see no reason to complain about whether a Pokemon is "legendary" or not. Its not like being "legendary" will change the way the Pokemon is used, nor is it required.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
If you don't like them, don't catch them. We aren't being forced to catch them. Simple as that.

Lucazard

Spoof Man™
Legends are weird now, dont catch em if you're going to be a noob with them they're not compulsory anymore.

EspeonMaster

The Legend Of Dawn
There are too many legendaries.They just keep on creating more and more...

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I think they just added too many in one generation. They will always add new legendaries, they just added a lot more than usual. And I think that Heatran and Cresselia were pointless legendaries :/

Alloute

Not Banned
Legendaries are supposed to be rare, but there are like 30 legendaries, that is quite a lot.

Why did the 4th gen have soo many? I don't know.

Volt of Noid

<-- Best Shiny ever
Defiantly. Its mad how theres meant to be a massive ultra cool legend right? So take palkia for pearl. Then all of a sudden, hello Giratina! And hello Uxie, Mespirit and Azelf! Oh and you too Heatran! Oh i didn't see you there Cressilia! And mustn't forget the ugly as hell regigigas. And then theres Shaymin Darkrai Arceus. And I think thats it. Well, thats unless Manaphy and Phione dont count.

BCVM22

Defiantly. Its mad how theres meant to be a massive ultra cool legend right? So take palkia for pearl. Then all of a sudden, hello Giratina! And hello Uxie, Mespirit and Azelf! Oh and you too Heatran! Oh i didn't see you there Cressilia! And mustn't forget the ugly as hell regigigas. And then theres Shaymin Darkrai Arceus. And I think thats it. Well, thats unless Manaphy and Phione dont count.

And it's not like each one of those critters serves a legitimate purpose in what is meant to be a natural hierarchy of deified forces of nature or anything.

Nope, nope, can't have that. Let's just keep whining about how there's too many! DAMN YOU GAME FREAK! HOW DARE YOU GIVE US MORE LEGENDARIES AND STUFF TO DO POST-ELITE FOUR! DAMN YOU!

:|

BCVM22

there too many legendaries now..

No, there really aren't. That you make no effort to keep track of them doesn't mean there are too many; it means that you don't want to have to actually think about the game while playing it, and let's be honest: are you being quizzed on how many Legendaries there are, for credit or for money?

No?

Then how is "too many to keep track of" really a problem?

And furthermore, what's the basis of this terribly illogical conclusion that there are too many Legendaries? Do we chastize nature itself for being too diverse? Do we chastize some of the world's more animistic faiths and religions for deifying so many elements and objects? Do we chastize the world and reality for being governed by too many natural forces and fundamental qualities?

No?

Then if we are to believe that the collective Legendary Pokémon are what they are - psuedo-animistic deified representatives of natural forces, flora, fauna, elements, the world and reality itself - then how could the conclusion possibly be reached that there are too many?

Cpt_Justice

feraligatr ftw
its completely logical to say there are too many legendaries. legendaries no matter what statistical value or worth they have IN battle are meant to be elusive or one of a kind pokemon OUT battle that serve a purpose in storyline. Pokemon like heatran, the lake trio...not elusive/rare at all and they dont serve any critical point in any sort of storyline. and dont tell em the red orbs bs. that was so not needed... also dont gimme a omg but deoxys isnt in story? well its pretty damn hard to find alongside playing a key role in the movie. lake trio/cresselia/heatran do not need to exist or be legendary. coulda made em either just normal pokemon and we would have all survived theyre craptastic existences.

also plenty of normal pokemon are "pseudo animistic defied representatives of natural forces" hence their names e.g. the "eruption" pokemon camerupt. they dont have to be legendary to represent a force of nature. happiny the happiness pokemon. represents a force or w.e the hell ur calling it.."pseudo animistic **** suckery" and happiny is in no way legendary, just a fat baby.

call em for what they are, if they arent "legendary" they shouldnt be legendaries. we dont call pigeons endangered species just for kicks do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.