• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Too old for Pokemon??

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
she didn't go "nya-nya, you're a loser" in your face or anything. Heck, that probably took self-restraint.
you have a point my parents always slag me for playing and when i showed my mam this tread she laughed at me and said the cashier is right to do so talk about giving kids confidence

+Flame Claw+

Space Rebellion!
tbh that was pretty stupid of her, even if she honestly thinks you're too old (which obviously, you're not) it's still a sale, and a couple of extra quid in the till.

miloticsavior

YOUR out of order!!
LOL pokemon cards. You are way too old for this stuff dude. I wanna quit playing this stuff before I turn 17. Even so, I don't think someone has the right to judge you like that.

Booyeah, they can't report this, not a one liner YES! I get to keep my account for another post. Loopholes.

Last edited:
Well when I was 10 I was mocked about being too old for my large collection of pokemon cards. Personally I think if you enjoy them then there is no age limit although I don't really collect them any more. My little brother has just started to recently though.

Akagi

i have a wacked sis
Your never to old for pokemon. My sisters 19 and I'm 11. so.........

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
well for the cards youre maybe to old but for the games i think every age is ok as long as ur not fanatic orsomthing.

btw reporting her? come on, i highly doubt they would do anything, youre just a nerd complaining about youre not to old for pokemon to them, not that i think ur a nerd ofcourse ^^

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
I think there's an age limit for the pokemon TCG, but for the games I don't feel there should be an age limit. I'm 14 and most competitive battlers are older than me!

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
btw reporting her? come on, i highly doubt they would do anything, youre just a nerd complaining about youre not to old for pokemon to them, not that i think ur a nerd ofcourse ^^

No, they're a paying customer complaining that an employee insulted them.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I found a thread on Pokegym that shows the ages of the players of some of the recent TCG tournaments. I sugest everyone read through this because it's a great example of the average ages of Pokemon TCG players.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109964

And remember, Juniors are 10 and under, seniors are 11-14 and masters are 15 and up.

pandafoxygirl

My parents say I'm too old for Pokémon but I can't stop liking it.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
I found a thread on Pokegym that shows the ages of the players of some of the recent TCG tournaments. I sugest everyone read through this because it's a great example of the average ages of Pokemon TCG players.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109964

And remember, Juniors are 10 and under, seniors are 11-14 and masters are 15 and up.

... Weird. I must have gone to one MESSED UP prelease. At the one I went to, the juniors were 9 and under, while seniors were 10-14... I'm confused...

But yeah, you've made an excellent point, SkittyOnWailord.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
... Weird. I must have gone to one MESSED UP prelease. At the one I went to, the juniors were 9 and under, while seniors were 10-14... I'm confused...

But yeah, you've made an excellent point, SkittyOnWailord.

Well to be exact it's:

Junior Division: Born in 1999 or later

Senior Division: Born in 1995, 1996, 1997, or 1998

Masters Division: Born in 1994 or earlier

So it can very slightly.

Last edited:

Shining Latios

Let her think what she wants too, but Pokemon is for everyone no matter how old you are.That was very rude of her to ask you those questions like that.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
That is rude, I would have said "You know I will just put these cards back and then go to another store and buy cards from them and I will tell everyone I know and everyone around here to not buy from this store. So unless you want to have no customers then don't give me overrated opinions and looks and mind your damn business"

Funnily enough I never had this problem, even when I ask for Pokemon Cards or something nobody's ever given me crap, then again people say I look about 15. Like the other down I brought several Pokemon items and at the woman at the cashier didn't really say anything (Although it took a while to price the items),

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
That was so rude, I have never had that happened to me, but if it did I would have done what Willow's_Tara and others said, put them back and tell everyone I know that this is a rude store, and not to buy from them.

Lucario Master Chris

Master of Psychics
Meh, I'm 18 and still woefully adicted to Pokemon and I've never been bugged about it, in fact I've even met a few people my age in the Trading Card section of Walmart.

random turnip

A few days ago I bought three boosters and the woman behind the cash registers obviously thought it was weird.

She: Is it a present?
I: No.
She: For yourself? (you should have seen her expression)
I: Yes.
She: Really?
I: Yes.
She: Oh. But what are you going to do with them?
I: I collect them.
She: Seriously?
I: Yeah.

I tought it was very rude of her to imply that I was too old for pokemon. I'm 23 years old, but that isn't that old!

Do you (people from 16 years or older) think you are to old for pokemon?
Or do you feel ashamed buying boosters in toy stores?

I'm 19 and tbh i mainly don't buy them because i'm embarrassed about it.
I only stopped collecting Yu-Gi-Oh (yeah, i know, don't ridicule me) cards when i was 17, i usually got my little brother to get the for me.

If 1st generation Pokemon cards were still sold i would probably still be interested in collecting them and maybe even battling them, but there is just no one of my age range that does it around here. not long ago i found out that there is a Pokemon Card club really near where i live, i wanted to go, but even in front of a load of other kids that do it i was too embarrassed. I know that i should be able to do it if i want, but i also know that people would think of me as being stupid for still enjoying it.

Robbie13a

im 15 and i brought diamond and pearl the box set 1 DVD up to a check out counter with some stupid 22 year old prep working a half assed job at wal mart that laughed when i put the DVD on the check counter, i sat down in the foyer to wait on my folks and watched as she pointed at me with her friend laughing.
i reported it and the manager said she was going to get fired anyway.
I love pokemon TCG and anime series, let alone the games, even after 50 years i will still love to play the TCG game and RPG games.

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
i do the tcg some times and i like the game as if you look past the cartoon side there is a pretty good strategy game just lying there the anime would really be to teach children good moral lessons but i am not insulting any body who does like it that is just my overall opinion on pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.