• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Too slow to see

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Okay I made a defensive Trick Room team because it looked like fun.
I want to find out if it can work well or stay will stay gimmicky. Rate please!

Heracross @Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
252 Speed/ 252 Atk/ 4 HP
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Leader to outspeed threads, Sweeps a lot of teams out there, when Trick Room isn't in effect.

Cresselia @Leftovers
Quiet Nature (+Sp.Atk, - Speed)
252 HP/ 126 Sp.Def/ 126 Def
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Moonlight
- Trick Room

Wall, Trick Roomer, prevents Bulkie water weak.

Tyranitar @Leftovers
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Speed)
252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 Atk
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Curse

Very Bulky and great Physical sweeper after Trick Room.

Slowking @Leftovers
Quiet Nature (+Sp.Atk, - Speed)
252 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk / 4 Def
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room

Bulkie Water with access to Nasty Plot, Secundairy Trick roomer.

Weezing @Leftovers
Sassy Nature (+Sp.Def, -Speed)
252 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
- Haze
- Pain Split
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

Hazer, Hera and Dos counter, works great.

Blissey @Leftovers
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Speed)
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.Def
- Sing / Seismic Toss
- Ice Beam
- Soft Boiled
- Aromatherapy

Special wall, the statustaker my team needs.

Last edited:

Raikou77

Make Heracross Adamant.

Celebi doesn't learn Wish. (Why Timid/252 Spd if it's going to use Trick Room?)

Blissey wants Seismic Toss

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Celebi doesn't learn Wish. (Why Timid/252 Spd if it's going to use Trick Room?)

Because I want Celebi to attack first so it won't die before it can Trick Room. Other suggestions taken.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Maybe I shouldn't post in here, but wouldn't you want your team (minus maybe Celebi to start the Trick Room'ing) to be slow to get the first strike?

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Maybe I shouldn't post in here, but wouldn't you want your team (minus maybe Celebi to start the Trick Room'ing) to be slow to get the first strike?

Correct, thats why 4 of the slowest OU pokemon (T-Tar, Slowking, Weezing & Blissey) are in there. Hera and Celebi are for the times Trick Room isn't in effetc only.

Raikou77

Slowbro doesn't learn Nasty Plot, which is probably why he picked Slowking.

Raikou77

and CM isn't the same thing as NP. NP Slowking can probably sweep better than CM Slowbro.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Correct, thats why 4 of the slowest OU pokemon (T-Tar, Slowking, Weezing & Blissey) are in there. Hera and Celebi are for the times Trick Room isn't in effetc only.

Would it not be better then to have this or some combo of this:

Slowking - Quiet
Weezing - Quiet
Blissey - Relaxed
Tyranitar - Relaxed/Brave

The Heracross EV's threw me for a sec until you mentioned that it wouldn't be used when Trick Room was in effect.

Rampardos seems too fragile to me to use, but I do see what you mean. Plus it wouldn't damage the rest of the team with Sandstream.

CM Slowbro is great because most people will run Bold, so it can tank up with CM to boost its SpDef. I don't think it would fit here because the point is to stat up quickly while you have the speed boost and sweep which Slowking could do.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Thnx for the suggestions, but Raikou and jolteon pretty much explained why I choice Slowking (late game sweeper with Nasty Plot) and Tyranitar because Rampardos is too fragile imo. I made change Tyranitar for Rhyperior though, so I won't get Sandstream problems and an Electric weak.

PsiUmbreon

If you're using Trick Room you should go -speed natures on everything. I'd pick Cresselia over Celebi as your Trick Roomer since Celebi has too many weaknesses and thus isn't that reliable. Plus Cresselia has more defenses. Spiritomb and Bronzong make good choices for Trick Roomers as well. Heracross is a bit too frail for a Trick Room team, since it will be going last a lot of the time once Trick Room is in effect.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
I guess I change nature for -speed so they are always first when there up agianst useres of the same pokemon. Cresselia is nice too, I guess it doesn't have to be fast to Trickroom cause it can take a hit better than Celebi. Energyball for the bulkie waters.

Hayabusa

Bona fide Narutard.
Nice team as usual. :) I like it.

Although, if you raise these pokemon and decide that Trick Room is gimmicky, you're going to be stuck with a bunch of slow pokemon (assuming you're battling via a DS).