• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toonami is doing good

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Are you serious? I saw that show a few years ago, it wasn't that great. I can't say I'd enjoy having it back.

Well, it brings in variety and keeps something non-anime on lineup. Plus, judging by how well ThunderCats and Sym-Bionic Titan did even after being moved to 3am and 3:30am, it should do fine.

Star Wars is more popular than any anime ever will be, so I think the [adult swim] audience will tune in.

In general, I don't like some of the lineup choices they've made lately aside from SAO, most of the rest of the shows have been kind of meh.

For me, the highlights of the night are Soul Eater and IGPX. This is my first time watching SAO. So far it's okay. From what I've seen though, SAO might be the most hated show on Toonami right now. (Or Bebop for an entirely different reason...)

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
SAO might be the most hated show on Toonami right now. (Or Bebop for an entirely different reason...)

SAO isn't the most hated, it's simply hated by a vocal minority.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
SAO isn't the most hated, it's simply hated by a vocal minority.

The popular opinion from what I've seen is that Eps. 1-3 are the best. The rest of the 1st half is okay. The 2nd half is terrible. Most everyone I see talking about it says it's mediocre at best.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
I am not a big fan of SAO but i still watch it, Toonami should start airing sequels of all their shows that ended, I only just watch the 12:00 a.m pst time slot to the 3:00 a.m pst, I do miss the old DBZ/Gundam series they ran though

voicerocker

Platinum Master

Vernikova

Champion

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Toonami needs to bring out the eureka 7 sequel, I'd prefer it over Star Wars because the show was cancelled by Disney who own star wars now so it'll probably be re runs and maybe unreleased episodes so bad choice for Toonami on that one

Last edited:

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Toonami needs to bring out the eureka 7 sequel, I'd prefer it over Star Wars because the show was cancelled by Disney who own star wars now so it'll probably be re runs and maybe unreleased episodes so bad choice for Toonami on that one

It's probably not a good idea for them to run the sequel since Eureka didn't do all that well. I've also seen a lot of E7 fans say AO isn't good. (It's almost like it's treated like Dragon Ball GT) Plus, they'd have to pay to get AO. The Clone Wars is free.

I just can't see The Clone Wars as a bad choice at all. Star Wars is more popular than anything else on Toonami. And being canceled doesn't mean anything. ThunderCats and Sym-Bionic Titan did well despite being canceled, not to mention the fact that Deadman Wonderland is an incomplete show as well. Anime fans won't like it, but The Clone Wars should be able to help keep [adult swim]'s audience around, maybe even lift the ratings for all of the rerunning shows. (Big O isn't doing so good)

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Its kinda funny, back at the turn of the century, toonami was your go-to dub anime channel because had some really good stuff. heck i remember a time when they played Sailor Moon, or at least a commercial for it. Plus the fact my housemates watch it now does show its getting better again. compared to before from what i hear

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
It's probably not a good idea for them to run the sequel since Eureka didn't do all that well. I've also seen a lot of E7 fans say AO isn't good. (It's almost like it's treated like Dragon Ball GT) Plus, they'd have to pay to get AO. The Clone Wars is free.

I just can't see The Clone Wars as a bad choice at all. Star Wars is more popular than anything else on Toonami. And being canceled doesn't mean anything. ThunderCats and Sym-Bionic Titan did well despite being canceled, not to mention the fact that Deadman Wonderland is an incomplete show as well. Anime fans won't like it, but The Clone Wars should be able to help keep [adult swim]'s audience around, maybe even lift the ratings for all of the rerunning shows. (Big O isn't doing so good)

Yeah I get your point it'll be to much for then considering the ratings, I'm just not of fan of incomplete animes, but Star Wars is a good show re runs or not but hopefully it does bring about raising ratings, they need a Gundam series to make them awesomer!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
At Otakon, it was revealed that Space Dandy has been pitched to [adult swim]/Toonami already and that they have shown interest in it. Nothing beyond that though.

http://toonamifaithful.com/space-dandy-new-show-by-cowboy-bebop-director-shinichiro-watanabe/

Not much info here, I'd at least like to know the premise behind the show before I get excited for this. Although considering it's by the same person who did Cowboy Bebop, I'm not sure I'd like it. I find that show to be a bit boring (too little action/excitement for my tastes).

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Yeah Toonami just decides to bring a new show out of nowhere, I mean I never even knew about SAO until they announced it, maybe they can let us select the next anime one day, the new one coming out I've never even heard of lol

Vernikova

Champion
Yeah Toonami just decides to bring a new show out of nowhere, I mean I never even knew about SAO until they announced it, maybe they can let us select the next anime one day, the new one coming out I've never even heard of lol

They asked us what we liked and SAO wasn't anywhere near close. Too bad their fans decided to up the ante and demand it more.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
I'm not into that whole trapped in video game world stuff, there are so many animes they could have chosen over SOA, oh well hopefully it just goes through the season and they won't air it's sequels after it ends.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
alot of people seem to dislike SOA. as for me i like all the shows so it doesnt matter to me if its bad or good. i will still watch the shows.

the one thing i would like to see is for them to play bleach from ep 1. only because im on ep 26 and i dont think i can watch the rest if the what was it like 286 episodes or something i have, no idea what im writing at this point. just restart bleach from ep 1.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
alot of people seem to dislike SOA. as for me i like all the shows so it doesnt matter to me if its bad or good. i will still watch the shows.

the one thing i would like to see is for them to play bleach from ep 1. only because im on ep 26 and i dont think i can watch the rest if the what was it like 286 episodes or something i have, no idea what im writing at this point. just restart bleach from ep 1.

That'd be like restarting One Piece

or Inuyasha for the 100th time

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Ill still watch the shows but they could have selected better ones is what im saying, I don't think they should restart bleach, it took them a long time and many fillers to get to this point, I can't speak for everyone but everybody would get angry if that happened if anything idk if they will reach EP 366 so they have no una entice to restart it

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Yeah it's better to just to start right now after the aizen saga, so just stick Toonami right now and their episodes because they have pretty much all and more are coming so it makes nonsense for them to restart so watch starting now lol

voicerocker

Platinum Master
They asked us what we liked and SAO wasn't anywhere near close. Too bad their fans decided to up the ante and demand it more.

I feel like Aniplex were the ones who pushed for SAO on Toonami, hoping it would help sell their overpriced DVDs and Blu-rays. (Apparently, they're even putting "As seen on Toonami" stickers on them) That Aniplex poll definitely didn't have SAO getting the most votes. Going by just the poll, we should have got Fate/Zero, Blue Exorcist, Madoka Magica, or Gurren Lagann.

Toonami mentioned that Aniplex gave them a "deal they couldn't resist" or something along those lines. I hope this "deal" with SAO was to get Gurren Lagann on the air, or maybe Madoka.