• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toonami is doing good

Nanami

Banned
Jb's one of the biggest anime-watchers on the site I currently know of, I think he knows what he's talking about. And I never liked Naruto to begin with (because the hype was annoying at the time), so I don't have a good reason for why I don't like Naruto. I just know there are better ninja shows out there. Naruto had a good concept, but it was carried on for way too long, just like with Yu-Gi-Oh.

Anyway, it does sound like good news, though I have of yet to actually watch anything from Toonami presently. I need to DVR some stuff, but I never remember to do that, and I never know what Grandma ever has on her recording/watching schedules... even if Toonami is on at midnight-ish.

Doesn't mean he has to bash others view like the majority of members on this forums

Jb

Tsun in the streets

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
you should know that disagreeing means bashing on sppf. :rolleyes:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Doesn't mean he has to bash others view like the majority of members on this forums

you should know that disagreeing means bashing on sppf. :rolleyes:

You guy are only newbies, you'll catch on soon enough. Just because you have opinions of one thing doesn't mean someone else will agree with you 110%. And Jb has good reasons for why he doesn't like Naruto. If he was to list everything about Naruto he doesn't like, it'd probably be a big post.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
-____- Isnt Naruto the show that killed Toonami in the first place? Why are they bringing back the show that they overhyped so much that it made all of the other shows look like crap... I like Naruto but for Toonami to bring it back 6 months after coming back they are kinda pushing it. At least bring back some anime that you kicked off for Naruto and hype that up before bringing back a show you very well know might dominate the rest. I just hope they bring in One Piece in 2013 so at least Naruto can have some legit competition :/

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Toonami should just Gurren Lagann all day errday. ;P

Oh, and some brilliant debating skills from the Naruto fans in here. Should I break out the /a/ copypasta?

You guy are only newbies, you'll catch on soon enough. Just because you have opinions of one thing doesn't mean someone else will agree with you 110%. And Jb has good reasons for why he doesn't like Naruto. If he was to list everything about Naruto he doesn't like, it'd probably be a big post.

I believe mephistopheles. was being sarcastic.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

i've been here since like 2007 but i left last year and came back. it seems nothing's changed.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Oh, and some brilliant debating skills from the Naruto fans in here. Should I break out the /a/ copypasta?
Some of that I can believe is true. But meh. I never cared. Naruto is still entertaining to me, some of the words said in their do have idealist meaning that can work, and just in general its a fine series if you just like it. I don't think its that bad anyway, I can still understand the story and that's all i really need. I assume the reason why they got annoyed at the beginning was because it simply because someone said "oh look, naruto's coming back!" And then someone responds with "Oh. Thats a stupid decision, The story sucks and such." I'm not saying its justifiable reason to talk back like that...but choosing to bring back Naruto had nothing do with the fact the story stunk. In-fact, it technically proves by popular opinion that somethings being done right, even if that "done right" thing is something that really isn't that good for storytelling.

I honestly see as a fine decision. Just don't ****ing make it the spotlight. Thats the problem it had from what i remember. Toonami was reduced to 2 hours, and then made naruto the spotlight and half of the already short remaining time. As long as they don't emphasize it over the top (which they hopefully won't), I think it would bring even more fans just to watch naruto on TV again. Its always a good feeling to want to watch something on your TV that you've only been able to watch online or something. (Disney stopped airing it right?).

I lol'd pretty hard at the part with the trolls and fantasies thing. Its a sad truth. I guess my only differening opinion on that is that I don't mind fantasies-driven teenagers. I was once one. Ain't that half the point of watching fiction anyway? lol. I'm sympathic cause i know most people tend to grow out of it, or hell, sometimes its fun in of itself. AND I don't really like trolling and pissing people off specifically because of a set goal like that. I'd rather be nice about it, though its not like I don't understand how that would work. lol

ParaChomp

be your own guru
i've been here since like 2007 but i left last year and came back. it seems nothing's changed.
Yeah, thinking of going myself.

First of all, I'm Canadian, this doesn't effect me. Second, give the people in this thread a good reason to stop complaining. Third, my taste in Japanese cartoons and comics has depleted severely thus I care less. Last but not least, they want to bring back Naruto? By all means, let them, the franchise is still popular today. If it causes Cartoon Network to lose some cash, then so be it, they'll get back up on their feet for sure.

That's about it, now both sides stop arguing and accept the facts that although sloppy, Naruto is still popular.

-Espada-

They started out good. now they are gonna show Naruto...

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
They started out good. now they are gonna show Naruto...

I'll say this...If Toonami was proven to go on like it is...It would of eventually grabbed naruto at some point no matter what, even if it wasn't "now". I can give my word on that. I mean, unless the director of the network has something specifically against naruto...why not? In the end, it was the planning and the already downward spiral toonami was in that killed it. Naruto going into fillers just made everything all pitch perfect for death of a tv show host. XD
Now assuming they don't inexplicably fail at directing it like they did around the time toonami went downhill, then it will be fine. I'm somehow taking this as "Because they grabbed naruto, toonami sucks." And some people wonder why things like toonami start to die out...Fans are the ones who indirectly pay for most of this. Just don't watch Naruto on the slot it's in if you don't like it...Again, that's assuming that they don't fail at time slots.

@parachomp I can't tell if any of that was indirectly meant for me or not. besides the obvious "Stop fighting over it guys."...Mind clarifying?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
@parachomp I can't tell if any of that was indirectly meant for me or not. besides the obvious "Stop fighting over it guys."...Mind clarifying?
Meant for both sides. Naruto is still very popular but as a show overall, it has little merit. Nonetheless, I don't think taking out a finished show and shifting around the time slots would hurt too much. That late, they could also air it without edits.

sparky3000

well at least they are bringing back tenchi myuo,

voicerocker

Platinum Master
-____- Isnt Naruto the show that killed Toonami in the first place?

Do you really believe that they would air a show again if it were truly responsible for Toonami's death in 2008? Think about that for a bit.

The Toonami staff has confirmed countless times that Naruto not only was NOT responsible for Toonami's death, but was one of their most successful shows, probably only behind DBZ.

Naruto is still very popular but as a show overall, it has little merit.

I don't think an anime can break into mainstream entertainment on "little merit". Shows like DBZ, Naruto and Bleach appeal to more than just your standard otaku, so there is definitely "merit" there.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I don't think an anime can break into mainstream entertainment on "little merit". Shows like DBZ, Naruto and Bleach appeal to more than just your standard otaku, so there is definitely "merit" there.

Overhype is something that brought Naruto to fame. It pretty much being a DBZ clone and all. It was, and kinda still is watched by mostly boys 11-16ish. Long time fans still watch but what is presented on the show hardly appeals to them. It fact, most people watching Shippuden won't even watch this. Anime streaming wasn't as big of a thing 6/7 years ago which is another reason people watched.

It does have little merit. It just kinda came at the right time. With DBZ ending around 2003 in the states, and the first saga or so being re-dubbed and aired/finished during the summer of 2005. And Naruto being aired in September of the same year, it's no wonder it caught on.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Overhype is something that brought Naruto to fame. It pretty much being a DBZ clone and all. It was, and kinda still is watched by mostly boys 11-16ish. Long time fans still watch but what is presented on the show hardly appeals to them. It fact, most people watching Shippuden won't even watch this. Anime streaming wasn't as big of a thing 6/7 years ago which is another reason people watched.

It does have little merit. It just kinda came at the right time. With DBZ ending around 2003 in the states, and the first saga or so being re-dubbed and aired/finished during the summer of 2005. And Naruto being aired in September of the same year, it's no wonder it caught on.

The responses on Twitter to its return have been mostly positive. Actually, the vast majority of them are. And I'm not sure what you mean by "people are watching but it doesn't appeal to them" because it really doesn't make sense. If people are watching, something about that show has gotten their attention.

In the end, WHY it became popular doesn't matter, because a show has to stand on its own legs to make an impact. Judging from the tons of positive responses Twitter and the fact that it is still one of the most viewed shows on streaming sites, I'd say it made quite the impact.

BlueDragonfangirl

The original Naruto series or Shippuden? Either way I guess thats a good thing. I wish they'd bring in an uncut One Piece version onto this thing, its popular enough in a bunch of places why not?

voicerocker

Platinum Master
The original Naruto series or Shippuden? Either way I guess thats a good thing. I wish they'd bring in an uncut One Piece version onto this thing, its popular enough in a bunch of places why not?

The original Naruto. Disney still owns the rights to Shippuden (even though they apparently aren't airing it).

One Piece is just too long to air 1 episode a week. With like 500+ episodes, it would take YEARS to finish. And I've heard people say that you have to wait for Season 3 or 4 for it to get good, which isn't a good thing.

Vernikova

Champion

Define merit because those three shows suck pretty hard. As did dubbed Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh!. :snowlax: