• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toonami is doing good

rootsofjustice

Okay, I think this is the last bit of news.
=====
They said they "like Fairy Tail and Death Note" but there are no current plans to air either of those shows.

Apparently a lot of people requested Sailor Moon as well. Jason DeMarco thanked those people for their feedback and apparently said they'd like to air Sailor Moon. (whether it's the original or Crystal is unclear) With Crystal running bi-weekly, it'll be a while before the show is even complete. But the redubbing of the original has already started.

The nudity in Kill la Kill may be an issue, but they are looking into it. (The Titans in Attack on Titan are effectively nude, so other than other "stuff", they should be okay)

Toonami will not be airing any Transformers shows since they belong to Hasbro and Hasbro has The Hub to air them. (Transformers Prime would have been great to see on Toonami)

I think DBZ Kai will just be through the Cell Saga. Since FUNimation is now denying having the rights to Buu, it might be a while before they can air the final saga.

If Attack on Titan continues to do well, they will air season 2 (whenever that actually happens).
Actually, funny story about Kai. Just about every principal actor involved in the Dragonball Z franchise has confirmed they have done work on the Buu arc of Kai. FUNimation is very clearly lying in this case as they've done just about every time they've been caught red handed with a title.

Okay, I think this is the last bit of news.
=====
They said they "like Fairy Tail and Death Note" but there are no current plans to air either of those shows.

Apparently a lot of people requested Sailor Moon as well. Jason DeMarco thanked those people for their feedback and apparently said they'd like to air Sailor Moon. (whether it's the original or Crystal is unclear) With Crystal running bi-weekly, it'll be a while before the show is even complete. But the redubbing of the original has already started.

The nudity in Kill la Kill may be an issue, but they are looking into it. (The Titans in Attack on Titan are effectively nude, so other than other "stuff", they should be okay)

Toonami will not be airing any Transformers shows since they belong to Hasbro and Hasbro has The Hub to air them. (Transformers Prime would have been great to see on Toonami)

I think DBZ Kai will just be through the Cell Saga. Since FUNimation is now denying having the rights to Buu, it might be a while before they can air the final saga.

If Attack on Titan continues to do well, they will air season 2 (whenever that actually happens).

nudity has to do with genitalia though, the titans have no genitalia

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
^ The Titans are scary enough as it is. Thee is no need to make them scarier by having people try to imagine how they reproduce.

Coolers Revenge is a movie that I was almost certain that I had seen already but I must not have been paying attention or something. I thought it was surprisingly good and well animated.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
^ The Titans are scary enough as it is. Thee is no need to make them scarier by having people try to imagine how they reproduce.

I'm sure someone out there has come up with something.

Coolers Revenge is a movie that I was almost certain that I had seen already but I must not have been paying attention or something. I thought it was surprisingly good and well animated.

I had forgotten about it airing until after Attack on Titan finished, and I was fast forwarding to get to the end of the DVR recording when I saw Dragon Ball Z, and I was all "NOOOOOOOOOO" since I wanted to watch it. Had to look it up online to watch it, even though it was the earlier dub version and not the remastered, which I would've liked to have watched instead. Was still a lot of fun to watch, though. Cooler was interesting, but why is it called "Cooler's Revenge" when he obviously didn't like his brother? Unless it was more-or-less for his father's revenge, but he didn't mention that, either, and he targeted the wrong person to get his revenge on if that's the case. In fact, was he even getting revenge on anything?

Exodd

Cooler wanted to make up for Freiza's mistake and was embarrassed anyone in his family was defeated.
Cooler realized he was also at fault because he was supposed to be in charge of the area but stuck Freiza with the job.

Last edited:

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Looks like Space Dandy will stay at 12:30am for more world premiere episodes. Season 2 hits Toonami July 5th.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/87887965828/guess-whos-coming-back-space-dandy-returns-to

EDIT: Also, the night of July 5th, Attack on Titan and Bleach will be replaced with episodes 12 and 13 of season 1 Space Dandy, which lead into the first episode of season 2, Episode 14. So that night, it'll be a Space Dandy mini-marathon to kick off season 2 on Toonami!

Last edited:

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Looks like Space Dandy will stay at 12:30am for more world premiere episodes. Season 2 hits Toonami July 5th.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/87887965828/guess-whos-coming-back-space-dandy-returns-to

EDIT: Also, the night of July 5th, Attack on Titan and Bleach will be replaced with episodes 12 and 13 of season 1 Space Dandy, which lead into the first episode of season 2, Episode 14. So that night, it'll be a Space Dandy mini-marathon to kick off season 2 on Toonami!

Almost time for season 2 Dandy already? That was fast!

For Attack on Titan being at the part where the title says "Humanities comeback" it sure took an unexpected turn in the story. I can already tell that this show is going to be packed with cliff hangers and future spoilers. I am kind of hoping that that guy (who I will avoid naming) is still alive somehow but it seems really unlikely that he could have survived at this point.

On Black Lagoon, I get the feeling that there was one of those moments where they try to teach the audience something. There was also a lot going on, with the jeep chase and the drivers hallucinations etc, etc. A very nice episode.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang

So basically, AoT and Bleach will take a break on that night?

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
The Toonami Titan commercials gave it away and I am still trying to avoid spoilers up until what has already aired (the same reason that I stay away from the Attack on Titan thread) but

HELL YES!

voicerocker

Platinum Master
On July 26th, Beware the Batman and Black Lagoon swap places. I think that's the night Batman goes into the episodes that didn't air on DC Nation. Black Lagoon will only have 6 episodes left. Moving it to 3am suggests they may not be intending for Lagoon to be replaced with another new show. Still, Toonami will have 7 premieres a night.

The curious thing is that Blue Exorcist will only have 3 episodes left when Batman moves up. There're some ideas floating around that Exorcist might rerun on the block, but I think if the idea for moving Batman up for new episodes over shows that are ending, it's strange that they'd move Black Lagoon and not Blue Exorcist too if they were planning to move Batman up again when Exorcist ends. I think that means something else will air at 2am between One Piece and Batman.

Kill la Kill is probably going to be the new Aniplex show for Toonami after Exorcist. It's new, it's popular, it's highly requested for the block, and with the physical releases coming up, they'll want to put it on TV the same way the did with Sword Art Online. Some think KLK couldn't air because of Standards and Practices, but Black Lagoon just ended the arc with the Twins....if that can air, KLK should be fine.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gurren Lagann or Magi though.

voicerocker

Platinum Master

Rio!

Composer
And you thought Attack on Titan and Black Lagoon were violent...

Hellsing Ultimate is headed to Toonami, September 13th to replace Black Lagoon! The original Naruto will be leaving as well to make room for the near hour long episodes of the show.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/95555231906/guess-what-hellsing-ultimate-is-coming-to

I keep somehow managing to forget about Toonami's Twitter page. XD
Just thinking about what they would replace Black Lagoon with the other night while I marathon'd on my DVR the other night. Really great since I never did see the last couple of episodes. XD

Vernikova

Champion
Not going to waste my DVR space on anything Hellsing. It'll do worse than worse than Naruto reruns, but I wonder if it'll manage to beat Black Lagoon. Lagoon (or at least that slot) was a ratings blackhole, so it shouldn't be difficult to beat it, but without a Naruto lead-in, it could be sketchy.

I hope it bombs.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
My first impression of Hellsing is that it looks kind of dumb in a certain way but to its credit, the idea of a hard to kill mutant vampire person does sound intriguing. (I think the crowd of zombies using firearms was both terrifying and comical)

Not a bad fit for the approaching Halloween season.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
New lineup schedules for the first 2 weeks of October. Space Dandy and Star Wars: The Clone Wars are leaving.

October 4th
=======
11:30PM - Attack on Titan
12:00AM - Bleach
12:30AM - Naruto Shippuden
1:00AM - One Piece
1:30AM - Gurren Lagann
2:00AM - Beware the Batman
2:30AM - Hellsing Ultimate
4:00AM - FMA Brotherhood
4:30AM - Cowboy Bebop
5:00AM - Big O (season 2)
5:30AM - Samurai Jack

October 11th
========
11:30PM - Attack on Titan
12:00AM - Bleach
12:30AM - Naruto Shippuden
1:00AM - One Piece
1:30AM - Gurren Lagann
2:00AM - Beware the Batman
2:30AM - Hellsing Ultimate
3:30AM - Cowboy Bebop
4:00AM - FMA Brotherhood
4:30AM - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
5:00AM - Big O (season 2)
5:30AM - Samurai Jack

It's surprising that Dandy isn't rerunning in the 2nd half. Maybe [as] doesn't own the rights to it like some thought. Or maybe they're just giving it a break for a while. The Clone Wars is leaving the week before Star Wars: Rebels starts on Disney XD...can't just be a coincidence.

There was some speculation that DBZ Kai could've been the replacement for Dandy, but I always figured it would replace Attack on Titan or Bleach, and with both of those shows ending on the same night and Big O and GitS returning now, Kai is pretty much sure to start November 8th.

-Raiga-

Aw that kinda sucks. I feel that Dandy was kind of the quarterback of the whole line-up, so it leaving the shuffle completely saddens me. The other series are nice and all, but they don't quite have that spark dandy had as they are all either easily found on the internet or in their 500th t.v run.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Toonami recently held one of their Tumblr Q&As and revealed a few new pieces of info.

Dragon Ball Z Kai starts November 8th, replacing Bleach
Attack on Titan will rerun but no word on if it will stay at 11:30pm or not.
The original Naruto series will most likely not return.
Bleach will most likely not rerun.
New shows and another Month of Movies can be expected "in the upcoming months". (No word on which movies will be aired yet, but it will be in December again.)
When asked if more shows from Viz can be expected, they responded with "Watch and find out!".
They plan to switch to the HD tapes for Cowboy Bebop "soon".
Space Dandy will rerun because of the loss of Beware the Batman.
Most requested shows at the moment: Sailor Moon, Kill la Kill and Sword Art Online II.
Toonami has the rights to Space Dandy "for a long time".

Last edited: