• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toonami is doing good

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
There has been a MAJOR schedule upgrade for Toonami. According the CN Schedule Archive (a reliable source), starting from September 29th, Toonami is starting an hour earlier and expanding that much as well. Also, shows have been rearranged:

9:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai (it's Kai reruns since the beginning)
9:30 - My Hero Academia
10:00 - Naruto: Shippuden (moved WAY ahead)
10:30 - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations (takes over Pop Team Epic)
11:00 - Dragon Ball Super (moved back)
11:30 - FLCL: Alternative
12:00 - Attack on Titan
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
1:00 - Black Clover (moves ahead of HxH)
1:30 - Hunter X Hunter (moves back of Black Clover)
2:00 - One-Punch Man
2:30 - Lupin the 3rd
3:00 - Cowboy Bebop
3:30 - Samurai Jack

If we want to get technical about it, the new stuff starts half an hour earlier starting from MHA.

The old Toonami days are slowly coming back.
Now they just need a week day afternoon block TTG's popularity would hit rock bottom if that happened...please do it

GiddyupGal

smarter than i usually act
There has been a MAJOR schedule upgrade for Toonami. According the CN Schedule Archive (a reliable source), starting from September 29th, Toonami is starting an hour earlier and expanding that much as well. Also, shows have been rearranged:

9:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai (it's Kai reruns since the beginning)
9:30 - My Hero Academia
10:00 - Naruto: Shippuden (moved WAY ahead)
10:30 - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations (takes over Pop Team Epic)
11:00 - Dragon Ball Super (moved back)
11:30 - FLCL: Alternative
12:00 - Attack on Titan
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
1:00 - Black Clover (moves ahead of HxH)
1:30 - Hunter X Hunter (moves back of Black Clover)
2:00 - One-Punch Man
2:30 - Lupin the 3rd
3:00 - Cowboy Bebop
3:30 - Samurai Jack

If we want to get technical about it, the new stuff starts half an hour earlier starting from MHA.

The old Toonami days are slowly coming back.
are...are the days of my childhood returning? just need to move the stuff aimed at kids to 4 in the afternoon...and bring back megas xlr

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
There has been a MAJOR schedule upgrade for Toonami. According the CN Schedule Archive (a reliable source), starting from September 29th, Toonami is starting an hour earlier and expanding that much as well.

Wait holy shit, didn't they just expand the block only a month ago?

No freaking way, that's incredible.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
This change in schedule is surely because FOX is taking The Cleveland Show away, just like how they took King of the Hill. Some people speculate Family Guy (the one show that apparently salvages [as]) and Bob's Burgers will someday leave as well.

Ah, haven't heard of this, how interesting. Contracts must've expired or something, or it's related to Disney buying out 21st Century Fox.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yes, they did.

This change in schedule is surely because FOX is taking The Cleveland Show away, just like how they took King of the Hill. Some people speculate Family Guy (the one show that apparently salvages [as]) and Bob's Burgers will someday leave as well.
Good, I don't care much for those shows anyways

BCVM22

Some people speculate Family Guy (the one show that apparently salvages [as]) and Bob's Burgers will someday leave as well.

Almost certainly. Between The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, King of the Hill, Bob's Burgers and goodness knows what else, Disney will gain... thousands? hundreds of thousands? of hours of animated sitcom programming under their umbrella. The time will come when they're going to want all of that on their networks and their new proprietary streaming service instead of filling time on one of Time Warner's cable networks.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, it was good while it lasted, but starting October 1st, the 1-hour DBS reruns will end and be replaced with Home Movies and Bob's Burgers, which usually lead [as] on weekends. This weekend, replacing Home Movies and Bob's Burgers in their Saturday slot is...the movie Shrek's Puss in Boots.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I watched all the episodes of FLCL Alternative yet the plot is still incomprehensible to me. I like what the voice actors are doing and things are moving around the screen so its all good.

Diamond is unbreakable I was not expecting to watch but it seems interesting enough so far.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Okay. A new schedule has come up starting next week due to Cowboy Bebop ending its run.

9:00PM – DBZ Kai
9:30PM – My Hero Academia
10:00PM – Naruto: Shippuden
10:30PM – Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
11:00PM – Dragon Ball Super
11:30PM – FLCL: Alternative (#301 rerun)
12:00AM – Attack on Titan
12:30AM – JoJo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
1:00AM – Black Clover
1:30AM – Hunter x Hunter
2:00AM - One–Punch Man
2:30AM – Lupin III Part 4
3:00AM – Samurai Jack
3:30AM – Samurai Jack

Toonami has stated a new show is on the way but can't announce it just yet, so we'll have a double dose of Samurai Jack until then. Whether that new show is actually a returning show in rerun or a brand new one shown for the first time in Toonami is unclear.

By the way, in case anyone missed it, on Dec. 8th (a day later when Smash Bros. Ultimate releases WOOOOOOOOO!), the anime's dub of Megalo Box will premiere, speculated to replace FLCL: Alternative once it's done with its rerun.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Diamond is Unbreakable is easily the worst Jojo series yet. It's so much less serious than the others and doesn't really have an overarching plot. It's basically just Josuke, Koichi, and Okuyasu bumbling around Morioh randomly running into Stand users and defeating them with slapstick violence. And last night's episode was particularly bad when

the episode ended anticlimactically with Tonio not even trying to attack them. He was literally just using his Stand to make his food better.

What the hell happened with this series?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Diamond is Unbreakable is easily the worst Jojo series yet. It's so much less serious than the others and doesn't really have an overarching plot. It's basically just Josuke, Koichi, and Okuyasu bumbling around Morioh randomly running into Stand users and defeating them with slapstick violence. And last night's episode was particularly bad when

the episode ended anticlimactically with Tonio not even trying to attack them. He was literally just using his Stand to make his food better.

What the hell happened with this series?
It's structured this way so not all the time is ALWAYS someone part of a big group of evil people. Plus, it helps these loners become recurring characters.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It's structured this way so not all the time is ALWAYS someone part of a big group of evil people. Plus, it helps these loners become recurring characters.

I mean, those are good things but they don't need to make the plot so silly and stagnant to accomplish that. If they want to pit Josuke and Co. against a series of unaffiliated loners and have them survive to round out the cast, fine, but the battles all just feel too silly and lighthearted, like they're making it for 5 year olds or something. It just doesn't feel as mature or serious as the previous series.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
So for Dragon ball Super they are around the part before the Tournament of power and still deciding who will be on the team and it is revealed that Gohans ultimate power up is NORMAL form! At first I was a little sad that he had chosen not to use Super Saiyan abilities but this direction does increase my curiosity. Speaking in terms of philosophy it could be seen as an admirable goal to become stronger while not undergoing any drastic changes. Sort of reminded me of that time before the Cell games when Goku was saying they should try to get used to being transformed so it would be more energy efficient when the actual fighting started. (but instead trying to do something similar without transforming at all?) I dont know for sure, thats just my interpretation.

In any case I like watching Gohan attempt to develop a unique power that may or may not be a match for Super saiyan depending on how far he decides to pursue it. Still dont know if I would have made the same decision but I am interested to see how that training direction plays out.

Also are there any predictions for the if or when SAO Alicization might come on Toonami?

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Toonami is weakening at the start of next year.

https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/photos/a.1442483259375850/2053278171629686/?type=3&__tn__=-R

11:00p – Dragon Ball Super
11:30p – Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
12:00a – My Hero Academia
12:30a – Mob Psycho 100
1:00a – Megalobox
1:30a – JoJo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
2:00a – Black Clover
2:30a – Hunter x Hunter
3:00a – Naruto: Shippuden
3:30a – Attack on Titan
4:00a – Pop Team Epic
4:30a – Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

In other words, it starts an hour later, and it loses DBZ Kai and Samurai Jack. Also, MHA starts later, and DB Super leads the block once more. Naruto Shippuden no longer makes a whole hour of Naruto with Boruto. And HxH starts half an hour later.

Oh, and next two weeks are marathons. First it's DB Super, and then Boruto.