• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toonami is doing good

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Ew Gundam. Well, at least I won't be staying up that late.

Anyway, it looks like HxH isn't the only show that's winding down, I didn't notice until now that The Promised Neverland is also reaching the end, with the last episode airing next week. Even beyond that, a lot of shows seem to be wrapping up. Here's some of the current shows that are set to run out of episodes (not counting off weeks, so some of these dates are probably going to be later):

My Hero Academia- August 17, 2019
Dragon Ball Super- October 5, 2019
Attack on Titan- July 27, 2019
The Promised Neverland- June 29, 2019
Sword Art Online: Alicization- July 13, 2019

It might just be because we've had a lot of long running shows like MHA, HxH, JoJo, and Black Clover lately, but this is a lot of turnover in the lineup, so we could be seeing multiple new shows pop up soon. However, there's a few considerations to be made here:

-MHA, The Promised Neverland, and SAO: Alicization have unaired episodes still in production (MHA and TPN are getting new seasons, while SAO is on hiatus). So they may go on break for a bit but they'll probably come back later.
-Jojo, One Punch Man, and Mob Psycho 100 have new seasons that haven't aired on Toonami yet. One or more of them could fill the vacant slots.
-Dragon Ball Super and MHA are both EXTREMELY popular. Even if they run out of new episodes they could still potentially rerun them and still get good ratings.

But yeah, we could be seeing multiple new shows soon.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
There's about a 0% chance of MHA going away permanently. Season 4 premieres in October or whatever over in Japan. Though if the turnover rate is that high, there's a possibility of one of my favorite anime doing a rerun (Space Dandy).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
There's about a 0% chance of MHA going away permanently. Season 4 premieres in October or whatever over in Japan. Though if the turnover rate is that high, there's a possibility of one of my favorite anime doing a rerun (Space Dandy).

Permanently, no. But the question is what to do in between August and whenever the Season 4 dub airs, they'll either have to go to reruns or take it off the block until Season 4 is ready.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
On July 6th, a new anime will debut on Toonami to replace The Promise Neverland.

...Food Wars.

...Also, a new schedule change for said day. The block now starts half an hour later.

11:00PM – Dragon Ball Super
11:30PM – Attack on Titan
12:00AM – Sword Art Online: Alicization
12:30AM – Lupin the 3rd Part V
1:00AM – Food Wars
1:30AM – Black Clover
2:00AM – Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
2:30AM – Naruto: Shippuden
3:00AM – Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin
3:30AM – My Hero Academia (moved from first to dead last)

...And in case you're wondering why MHA got such a huge *** demotion, it's because apparently people weren't watching it were it was. So of course the logical choice is to put it way late in the night when so many people are awake.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
On July 6th, a new anime will debut on Toonami to replace The Promise Neverland.

...Food Wars.

Just asking that which season of Food Wars is the one which will debut on Toonami? I personally am a huge fan of the show myself and have been eagerly waiting for the dub of Food Wars Season 3 and Season 3 Part 2.....but for some reason even after so many months after the those seasons have aired, the dub of those 2 seasons are yet to come out. :(

TheWanderingMist

Just asking that which season of Food Wars is the one which will debut on Toonami? I personally am a huge fan of the show myself and have been eagerly waiting for the dub of Food Wars Season 3 and Season 3 Part 2.....but for some reason even after so many months after the those seasons have aired, the dub of those 2 seasons are yet to come out. :(
It's the first one, according to Wikipedia. Makes sense, they rarely don't start at the beginning of a series, One Piece being a notable exception due to licensing rights.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It's the first one, according to Wikipedia. Makes sense, they rarely don't start at the beginning of a series, One Piece being a notable exception due to licensing rights.
I see. I'm just wondering when the dub of Food Wars Season 3/Season 3 Part 2 will finally come out TBH....it's been a really long time now and it seems pretty strange at this point that the dub is yet to come out, especially considering the fact that the dub of certain seasons of other shows like My Hero Academia Season 3 and Attack On Titan Season 3 Part 2 came out much quicker, even though their OG version came out later than the last 2 seasons of Food Wars.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Toonami brings back so many nostalgic childhood memories. When I don't work Saturday nights, I watch Dragon Ball Kai and Dragon Ball Super. I know today I had to get up early for work, so I watched some Samurai Jack before I went to work. I absolutely love Samurai Jack.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And now we have SAO's replacement for next week: Fire Force, from the writer of Soul Eater, animated by the studio who animated JoJo.

July 27th Line-Up:
12:00AM – Fire Force
3:30AM – My Hero Academia (ugh)

TheWanderingMist

And now we have SAO's replacement for next week: Fire Force, from the writer of Soul Eater, animated by the studio who animated JoJo.

July 27th Line-Up:
12:00AM – Fire Force
3:30AM – My Hero Academia (ugh)
Poor MHA. Then again, isn't 1:30 the death slot for this block? Can't wait 'til DBS is over, hopefully they'll replace it with something more exciting. Or just move MHA to that spot. Oh, so it's not Bones? I feel like their style suits that guy's works really well though. Still, animated by the Jojo guys means it won't be bad.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Did this lineup really need another dull, militaristic mech fighting show?

Seriously underwhelmed by the new shows they've added to the lineup lately. There's been like, 4 new shows in the last few weeks and I hate all of them except Fire Force. MHA is ending in a few weeks so there may be another one coming, but with their taste in shows lately I'm not sure I'm going to like whatever they pick for that slot either.

Still waiting on:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Golden Wind
Rising of the Shield Hero
Konosuba
One Punch Man Season 2
Mob Psycho 100 Season 2

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The lineup is "dull" only because I've heard Toonami is having some friction with Funimation, and thus it's why we're seeing Sentai dubs and Rooster Teeth shows in it.

Though I don't mind either way. Watching the Pokemon anime has really lowered down the bar for me that any show on Toonami is good (except Shippuden for its insane length, because the current arc lasts TWO-HUNDRED AND FIFTY EPISODES).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The lineup is "dull" only because I've heard Toonami is having some friction with Funimation, and thus it's why we're seeing Sentai dubs and Rooster Teeth shows in it.

"Only". As if that isn't a major problem. Yeah, Funimation dubs a lot of major anime. If Toonami is having issues with them, that definitely severely hampers their lineup. If they don't work something out soon, I may just quit watching Toonami and start watching anime online once DBS, MHA, and Black Clover are done, those are the only shows left on the lineup that I actually care about.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

One of the shows I hope will air on Toonami is Ushio & Tora, it's an overlooked anime that needs more love. So if they're airing more Sentai dubs, then chances of this one airing on Toonami's are higher than before. But I think one thing that's keeping it from airing is it's 39 episodes and they reserve that for only popular shows, I suppose.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Joining Toonami on August 24th is Dr. Stone, from the writer of the craaaaaaazy Eyeshield 21.

11:00P – Dragon Ball Super
11:30P – gen:LOCK
12:00A – Dr. Stone (new!)
12:30A – Fire Force
1:00A – Food Wars
1:30A – Black Clover
2:00A – Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
2:30A – Naruto: Shippuden
3:00A – Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin
3:30A – Lupin the 3rd Part V (moves down)
4:00A – My Hero Academia (rerun)

MHA is getting the rerun treatment (this Saturday is the last episode until the new season debuts this October in Japan), therefore the block kind of gets half an hour longer because of Dr. Stone's addition and MHA's refusal to back down.

But Lupin gets majorly screwed by getting moved down all the way to near the end of the block.

Last edited: