• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toonami is doing good

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
83819643_2353608494929984_8746005650472960000_o.jpg

83843894_2353608521596648_6025847783532003328_o.jpg

Lineup On 2/22/20:
11:30PM – Dr. Stone – (Finale)
12:00AM – Sword Art Online Alicization War of Underworld
12:30AM – Demon Slayer
1:00AM – Food Wars
1:30AM – Black Clover
2:00AM – JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
2:30AM – Naruto: Shippuden
3:00AM – The Promised Neverland
3:30AM – Attack on Titan
Lineup Starting On 2/29/20:
11:30PM – My Hero Academia
12:00AM – Sword Art Online Alicization War of Underworld
12:30AM – Demon Slayer
1:00AM – Food Wars
1:30AM – Black Clover
2:00AM – JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
2:30AM – Naruto: Shippuden

Apparently, Funimation got the materials for MHA's episode 78 late and thus it will not show on the 22th. The slot itself is lost. Dr. Stone will play its final episode as normal and will lead the block for that one night.

But then the scary part comes the next weekend. After Dr. Stone wraps up, both reruns at the end just...disappear. Also, the block starts half an hour later. It's lost 3 slots (4 if you count the one Fire Force left behind recently).

juiccbox

Idiot Extraordinaire
Brother I just want to see Trigun again, god tier anime and dub

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Too expensive? Sounds like an excuse to cut the runtime even further. Can't they just put the block back where it belongs on weekday afternoons?
They can't. Higher ups' orders.

Frankly speaking, we can do away with the reruns since not many people are even awake that late at night.

The whole problem is the block airs at an ungodly late hour. I'm very lucky I'm in the west coast and have access to the east coast's channel to watch the shows 2 hours earlier than noted, but even so, it's a real drag to watch anime that late at night. Unfortunately, [as] HIGHLY values their Saturday reruns. It's going to be interesting to see what they'll do once they lose airing rights for Family Guy next year when the license expires and Fox takes it for good (I'm betting [as]'ll just elevate Rick & Morty to a higher pedestal to fill the void).

But anyhow, rallying for Toonami is hard as is because not many people are given the chance to see the block. When Dragon Ball - a household name - used to air, its new episodes and reruns had much higher ratings than anything else after them. However, just recently, the DBZ Kai rerun episodes returned...and quietly got replaced for MHA S4 episodes for some reason, which kind of shocks me (my TV guide wrongly told me DBZ Kai was on for two weeks).

Though the block shortened, it either could mean Toonami is dying or the block's number of shows was a bit too overwhelming from a financial point of view. Toonami had dropped Boruto some time ago because apparently Viz was charging top coin for it, and Toonami did say the show was "taking a break" which means it probably will come back soon enough.

I just wish when it does, the block doesn't shorten even further.

TheWanderingMist

They can't. Higher ups' orders.

Frankly speaking, we can do away with the reruns since not many people are even awake that late at night.

The whole problem is the block airs at an ungodly late hour. I'm very lucky I'm in the west coast and have access to the east coast's channel to watch the shows 2 hours earlier than noted, but even so, it's a real drag to watch anime that late at night. Unfortunately, [as] HIGHLY values their Saturday reruns. It's going to be interesting to see what they'll do once they lose airing rights for Family Guy next year when the license expires and Fox takes it for good (I'm betting [as]'ll just elevate Rick & Morty to a higher pedestal to fill the void).

But anyhow, rallying for Toonami is hard as is because not many people are given the chance to see the block. When Dragon Ball - a household name - used to air, its new episodes and reruns had much higher ratings than anything else after them. However, just recently, the DBZ Kai rerun episodes returned...and quietly got replaced for MHA S4 episodes for some reason, which kind of shocks me (my TV guide wrongly told me DBZ Kai was on for two weeks).

Though the block shortened, it either could mean Toonami is dying or the block's number of shows was a bit too overwhelming from a financial point of view. Toonami had dropped Boruto some time ago because apparently Viz was charging top coin for it, and Toonami did say the show was "taking a break" which means it probably will come back soon enough.

I just wish when it does, the block doesn't shorten even further.
All right, let's plan a hostile economic takeover of CN's parent company.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Its a shame Toonami probably has no interest in rerunning Gundam Wing for its 20th anniversary when it first aired back in 2000.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This weekend, Toonami is having a DBZ Kai marathon showing the first 7 episodes of the Cell Saga.

The schedule goes back to normal on 4/18/20, but...

AAX4phAAAUt-.jpg

...It's lost the slot SAO occupied, so the slot is half an hour shorter. Also, instead of everything after SAO moving ahead, it pulls MHA back.

However, they said this regarding future stuff:

“We also have some fun things in store to announce but we can’t tell you what QUITE yet. Keep watching and keep washing!”

Reminder that Demon Slayer will soon finish its run. Whether they lose that slot or something is replaced, we don't know, but it's possible the stuff they're hinting at will replace Demon Slayer.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The title should be renamed to "Toonami is slipping" or something if they're going to lose more slots. Three hours compared to five isn't good. Also you'd think they'd air JoJo a bit earlier than two because of how popular it is. Though I think it did drop in the slots around part four...

TheWanderingMist

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Well, that is certainly a surprise. I didn't think Paranoia Agent was that popular.

All the more reason to air it and bring new viewers to watch it. Paranoia Agent is still relevant.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah, Toonami definitely seems to be dying, and the pandemic isn't helping matters. We've seen the same two episodes of MHA for the past 2 weeks and there's only 2 episodes left on the season, Mob Psycho 100 is a rerun (when the hell are they airing Season 2?), now JoJo gets replaced by Ballmasterz? Doesn't get much worse than this.

I'm probably going to shift away from Toonami at this point. Just not worth staying up for when the lineup is this pathetic. I have a Crunchyroll account now which has pretty much all of these except Paranoia Agent (and I'm not super interested in that one to begin with, so no big loss), so I'm probably just going to shift to that now.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yeah, Toonami definitely seems to be dying, and the pandemic isn't helping matters. We've seen the same two episodes of MHA for the past 2 weeks and there's only 2 episodes left on the season, Mob Psycho 100 is a rerun (when the hell are they airing Season 2?), now JoJo gets replaced by Ballmasterz? Doesn't get much worse than this.
Literally everything has been affected by the pandemic, so it's not just Toonami.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Honestly if they want to keep the block they should re-rerun anime that they first had in the 90s-early 2000s since kids and teens these days most likely have never seen them.

And they should also air the viz dub of Sailor Moon and sailor moon Crystal since they haven't been on tv yet, as well as other dubbed anime that haven't been on tv yet.