• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toonami is doing good

Vernikova

Champion
They should've canceled GXP after the first episode.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Also they're celebrating the 15th anniversary of the block this Saturday with a screening of Evangelion 1.11.

This is what really catches my attention from tonight's news. Why show this when it has nothing to do with anything currently airing, when there were options like Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos and the two Bleach movies they haven't aired?

Of course, I'm not complaining, but it does get me wondering if it might be leading to something else.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
This is what really catches my attention from tonight's news. Why show this when it has nothing to do with anything currently airing, when there were options like Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos and the two Bleach movies they haven't aired?

Of course, I'm not complaining, but it does get me wondering if it might be leading to something else.

Probably mostly because Evangelion is enormously popular. Granted, so are the others, but, if I'm not mistaken, Evangelion is even more so?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I must be the only one alive who hasn't seen Evangelion.
Don't worry, you're not alone brother.

I feel so iffy going into it considering all the harsh mixed feedback. On top of that the shows I've really enjoyed recently have all been of the mecha genre.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Probably mostly because Evangelion is enormously popular. Granted, so are the others, but, if I'm not mistaken, Evangelion is even more so?

You're right, but it still seems odd to me that Toonami would go for something related to a franchise that hasn't aired on it in what, thirteen years (?) when they already have multiple franchises airing right now with movies they could have picked.

I really wonder if this might be testing the waters for future airings of the other Rebuild films (3.33 will likely have a dub by this time next year) or even an eventual reairing of the original series.

Izanagi

'Sup!
I must be the only one alive who hasn't seen Evangelion.
I haven't seen it either. It doesn't seem like my sort of show.
Don't worry, you're not alone brother.

I feel so iffy going into it considering all the harsh mixed feedback. On top of that the shows I've really enjoyed recently have all been of the mecha genre.

Understandable since usually franchises a big as this are often intimidating. However don't let other opinion keep you guys from enjoy what could possibly be a good show. I will admit that it is not for everyone persay. It really is character driven tale when you get down to it. Otherwise it is enjoyable despite whatever people may say about it. The Rebuild movies are perfect for newcomers who haven't seen it and the dub is pretty good.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Edit: Instead of using my post to worship Asuka, I wll comment on the movie that Toonami showed.

I think if someone likes robots then they MAY like the series but beware the high probability of psychological mumbo jumbo.

Last edited:

voicerocker

Platinum Master
So One Piece is getting on?

Yes, they just haven't said when yet. It could replace Tenchi GXP, but it appears as if they are trying to get something else to replace GXP with.

==========

Announcements!

April 27th will be the on-air debut of TOM 5, the new Absolution, and the new look for Toonami!

Also, after a LOT of paperwork it would seem, Toonami has managed to regain the rights to their only original series, IGPX, and it will begin airing that same night! They said they will possibly cut Cowboy Bebop down to only 1 episode a night to make room for it.

And it's worth noting that IGPX is NOT the replacement for Tenchi GXP, and One Piece still doesn't have a date set. We could possibly be getting yet another show when GXP finally ends.

Chris

Old Coot
On top of that, they're trying to consider where exactly to start with One Piece. If they start from the beginning, it'll take them 6 years to get where Japan is *right now* but if they start from Season 4, they run the risk of alienating newer fans.

Either way, I threw the suggestion their way on their Tumblr that they could always do a series recap promo like they did for Bleach. That and there's the fact that the Enies Lobby arc has an episode each per Straw Hat that gives a flashback on their beginnings to their current struggles.

Rave

Banned
I haven't been up to date or in the best of spirits the past few years to be catching up and watching what Toonami has to offer ever since it's return back into television.

But I'm actually glad that it's actually doing pretty good. I'm actually surprised by the amount of content that's being offered on the program's setlist. There's some really good shows.

I need to catch up back on my own media watchlist and get up to date with whatever else i can waste my time with on this silly planet.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
So then does anyone know what the odds are of Toonami regaining the weekday afternoon time slots? (But that might be tough with Adventure time and those other shows floating around)

rootsofjustice

So then does anyone know what the odds are of Toonami regaining the weekday afternoon time slots? (But that might be tough with Adventure time and those other shows floating around)

Zero. DeMarco has stated that he's happy with Toonami where it is and it won't be returning to Cartoon Network proper.

While I'm here, here some more details about One Piece coming to Toonami that were just announced:
http://funimation.tumblr.com/post/47805356553/one-piece-to-join-toonami-block-on-may-18th

Chris

Old Coot
IGPX also returns on April 28th, at 2am, along with Toonami's new look and a new TOM.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
IGPX also returns on April 28th, at 2am, along with Toonami's new look and a new TOM.

Thought it was April 27th since Cali would still be like 11pm unless you are going from the Seattle time (since that is where Toonami is done I heard in that case yeah the 28th

Ew, Naruto. I'd have preferred Yu Yu Hakusho or Rurouni Kenshin.

Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin are some of my favorites as well. I enjoyed both.

Wasn't a big fan of the new TOM last time. Hoping his new design is still pretty good. Probably because I'm too accustomed to his helmet covering his face again. XD.

I do agree with your thoughts in your blog about CN and Toonami, man. It has a ways to go.

Right, because they would totally have the dub made for children on Adult Swim -__-

Agreed.

Anyway, the 4Kids OP has been over for...seven years now? It's hard to even find full scenes of it anymore. They'd probably show the FUNi dub, if anything (which is a good thing when it comes to OP, IMO).

I did like Marc Diraison as Zoro, though.

I still like Sabat more, though.

Last edited:

voicerocker

Platinum Master
One Piece will start airing on May 18th, replacing Tenchi Muyo! GXP. They decided to start it at Episode 207 with FUNimation working on recap pieces that will be aired as well. And apparently, FUNi is also letting people know Eps. 1-206 are available on their site. The long-term lineup will look like this:

12:00am - Bleach
12:30am - Naruto
1:00 am - One Piece
1:30 am - Soul Eater
2:00 am - IGPX
2:30 am - Eureka Seven
3:00 am - ThunderCats 2011
3:30 am - Sym-Bionic Titan
4:00 am - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4:30 am - Cowboy Bebop
5:00 am - InuYasha
5:30 am - InuYasha