• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toonami is doing good

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

Jb

Tsun in the streets
They could of done way better. I'm actually tired of companies airing whats "popular", instead of giving other shows a chance to get popular. This helps no one.

well, maybe their wallets but w/e

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
They could of done way better. I'm actually tired of companies airing whats "popular", instead of giving other shows a chance to get popular. This helps no one.

i wonder if attack on titans will be put on toonami in the future but idk it seems a little to dark for toonami

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

At the end of the day any TV station/block is concerned with ratings. A popular show like SAO will get this ratings.

Chris

Old Coot
The funny thing is that when Aniplex asked people months ago which of their shows folks would like to see premiere on Toonami the most, SAO ranked BELOW Madoka Magica, Gurren Lagann and even Fate/Zero.

Xionea

Half a centaur
The funny thing is that when Aniplex asked people months ago which of their shows folks would like to see premiere on Toonami the most, SAO ranked BELOW Madoka Magica, Gurren Lagann and even Fate/Zero.

I guess since America consists largely of gamers, they probably took that into account. If they did Madoka Magica, a lot of people would be turned off because of the magical girl aspect and lies at the beginning. For Gurren Lagann, mecha isn't very popular here as well. And I can't vouch anything for Fate/Zero since I haven't watched that. I'm sure they're trying to please more people than just the average anime watcher.

Vernikova

Champion
Heaven forbid a massively popular show like SAO would air on TV.

For a minute, I was thinking of all of the different ways to reply such a retarded post. Someone expresses a dissenting opinion of a network airing a show and this post pops up. I mean, wow. This poster goes out of the way to state the obvious and essentially says "this show is popular so you can't complain about it airing on television."

That settles it guys, you can't express a negative opinion about a network airing a show if it's popular. Of course, if you want Jolteon stating obvious things like popular shows get to air to TV then by golly go for it. And yes Jolteon, that is what you just said. You tried to be clever by saying "popular shows get to air on TV." Congratulations.

Of course, this is Alt Anime. I shouldn't expect much so this is probably going over your head Jolteon.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I guess since America consists largely of gamers, they probably took that into account. If they did Madoka Magica, a lot of people would be turned off because of the magical girl aspect and lies at the beginning

People watched Sailor Moon though. All they gotta do is make a promo with scenes from later in the series and bam.

BlueDragonfangirl

I'm glad to see Toonami doing so well, I hear ratings for the big shows like One Piece/Naruto/Bleach had the best ratings on that block.
Guess new shows being added eh? I know that new Tenchi show is on that list right?

Chris

Old Coot
For Gurren Lagann, mecha isn't very popular here as well.
What are you talking about? Toonami's always had a history of airing mecha shows because they did well enough to bring in ratings. Robotech and Gundam Wing helped bring in more mecha anime when they aired on Toonami and the first Eva Rebuild movie did so well that it's helped push both Blu-rays into the constant top 10 selling anime Blu-rays on Amazon.

I'm glad to see Toonami doing so well, I hear ratings for the big shows like One Piece/Naruto/Bleach had the best ratings on that block.
Guess new shows being added eh? I know that new Tenchi show is on that list right?
War on Geminar would be a challenge, seeing as how it's normally 40/45 minutes long per episode. It was originally an OVA series.

Xionea

Half a centaur
What are you talking about? Toonami's always had a history of airing mecha shows because they did well enough to bring in ratings. Robotech and Gundam Wing helped bring in more mecha anime when they aired on Toonami and the first Eva Rebuild movie did so well that it's helped push both Blu-rays into the constant top 10 selling anime Blu-rays on Amazon.

Really? Then maybe it's more of a local thing.

ace_45

why?
Toomani brought One Piece.....toomani is the best thing on T.V

when i first saw they where bringing it back,i just yelled

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I know that new Tenchi show is on that list right?

Tenchi GPX ended its season a little while ago. In the finale there was a scene where the main dude and a few other people needed to make the spaceship lighter, so they took their clothes off. (I dunno something like that) It was a fairly strange show but how could you not like it when some of the original characters made guest appearences?

Without giving too much away, how does Sword Art Online compare to something like .Hack? (which I vaguely remember seeing bits of a long time ago)

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Without giving too much away, how does Sword Art Online compare to something like .Hack? (which I vaguely remember seeing bits of a long time ago)

sword art online is good for the first half but alot of people tend to dislike the 2nd half. i enjoyed the whole thing. its just really rushed. it fits 2 arcs in 25 episodes when one arc couldve fit that whole 25 episodes

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
sword art online is good for the first half but alot of people tend to dislike the 2nd half. i enjoyed the whole thing. its just really rushed. it fits 2 arcs in 25 episodes when one arc couldve fit that whole 25 episodes

25 episodes for Aincrad-arc would have felt dragged out if you ask me....

All in all it's(SAO) a mediocre-to-good class shounen animu;;

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Toonami needs to air more Gundam.

For Gurren Lagann, mecha isn't very popular here as well.

Even if that were true, Gurren Lagann is one of the most popular mecha anime, and probably one of the most popular anime overall. I think the exception can be made.